• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

RBH

tcbsmbh9nzbizibqk5pa.jpg

Bowser

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago
Revis's reps have told teams they have $48M for 3yrs on the table now, with $40M guaranteed. My sense if that is from the Jets...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago
We'll see if any one else trumps that. Patriots had been in the mid-30s in terms of guaranteed money. KC has been in it as well.

687474703a2f2f626c61636b6174686c6574652e6e65742f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f323031332f31322f636173682e676966

squicken

Read somewhere (Rob Rang maybe?) that they really wanted a threat down the seam, because they throw there more than they do to the outside.

But it's the Jared Cook problem. If he is in-line or close to the formation it gives away the pass since they are such bad blockers. Works with Brees and his 50 attempts a game. Not so much with run first teams

Revis's reps have told teams they have $48M for 3yrs on the table now, with $40M guaranteed. My sense if that is from the Jets...

We'll see if any one else trumps that. Patriots had been in the mid-30s in terms of guaranteed money. KC has been in it as well.

687474703a2f2f626c61636b6174686c6574652e6e65742f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f323031332f31322f636173682e676966

Damn.

Godslay

Banned
$52M over 3 years in NE for Revis?

$17.33M a year? That's not too bad.

Could have be $16M a year, assuming it's just a signing bonus, but whose counting?

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 57s57 seconds ago
Bruce Carter, the former #Cowboys linebacker, will visit the #Bucs and then the #Texans

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14s14 seconds ago
Former #Jaguars LB JT Thomas will sign with the #Giants. It’s a 3-year deal worth $12M with $4.5M fully guaranteed

lol a Jags LB worth $12m?

Wes

venison crêpe

I should've been good at sports.

dionysus

Yaldog
I am surprisingly ok with losing Graham. Disappears in the playoffs and an injury risk. Then again defenses had to scheme against him which opens up a lot elsewhere, so his loss could really hurt the offense.

I guess what I am saying is I don't think this trade is a no brainer bad trade for the Saints made because of the cap hell necessity.

Duxxy3

I expected a lot more from the jets. I don't see him leaving new england with that difference. Just trying to get the pats to up their offer a bit.

Bowser

Around The NFL ‏@AroundTheNFL 34s34 seconds ago
Colts announce Frank Gore has agreed to a deal.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 15s15 seconds ago
Colts officially announced deal for former 49ers/Eagles RB Frank Gore. It includes $8.5 million guaranteed.

Quotient

I expected a lot more from the jets. I don't see him leaving new england with that difference. Just trying to get the pats to up their offer a bit.

My thoughts too. I would only imagine him leaving for a serious increase over what the patriots are offering.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
RIP Trent Truck. RIP Road to 650.

Aditi Kinkhabwala ✔ @AKinkhabwala
Follow

Jason Worilds has clear idea what he wants. Both Steelers, Giants think that price too high. Told: "We're not paying $1 million per sack."

Apologies if old.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
=
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m5 minutes ago Howard, WI
Packers? PACKERS? RT @JasonPhilCole: Four teams in running for Revis besides the #Patriots: #Jets, #Packers, #Steelers and mystery team.

I'll treat gotor to a high class hooker if that happens

cajunator

Banned
I like the move. Having a solid line is better than having a really good TE.
I like Jimmy Graham a lot. dude is a beast, but he does tend to disappear in really important games. I dont deny that. Also with the injuries and his cost to the cap its a move that I was honestly expecting them to make.
Now if we traded Brees I would be quite pissed unless we had a really really high draft pick to get the best available QB or something similar. Who knows, maybe we already have made such a trade. Two first round picks can get some pretty solid talent for the long haul if they play their cards correctly.
The way I see it, the last couple seasons for Saints fans have been a nightmare already and the team has sucked, so moving forward might not be such a bad idea. A lot of players started strong but didnt play to their contracts and age gets everyone at some point.

First and foremost I am a Saints fan. I like Saints players when they are on the team. I still have a soft spot for guys like Lance Moore and even Scott Fujita and Shockey even when they moved on, but players come and go and contracts in the NFL are anything but rock solid. If the Saints FO decides this has to be done, Im going with all of it, because its my team. I am now a Max Unger fan as well. Thats how it goes.

By the way, the Foles/Bradford trade is intriguing.

How do you feel about Green tea?

I looooooove green tea!

Bowser

Will Brinson ‏@WillBrinson 15s16 seconds ago
LeSean McCoy said Frank Gore asked him about Philadelphia. Shady smiles. “I was honest with him … for the most part.”

ahahahahahahaha

Striker

So the Giants LB's will be Beason, Kennard, McClain, Casillas, and Thomas. Better than last year's group, but that isn't saying much.

MechDX

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report · 5h5 hours ago
Hearing that Andre Johnson is likely to sign w/Indianapolis Colts. Info from the same person who said Frank Gore was headed to Indy.

I am surprisingly ok with losing Graham. Disappears in the playoffs and an injury risk. Then again defenses had to scheme against him which opens up a lot elsewhere, so his loss could really hurt the offense.

I guess what I am saying is I don't think this trade is a no brainer bad trade for the Saints made because of the cap hell necessity.

I'm with you.

Brinbe

HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE

Chip's losing me here

Spending that much on Sanchez and then trading for Bradford makes no sense, especially if part of the plan is Mariota. Foles is so much cheaper, this makes zero fucking sense. WHAT THE HELL, CHIP

Top Bottom