• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Jordan Schultz ‏@Schultz_Report · 5h5 hours ago
Hearing that Andre Johnson is likely to sign w/Indianapolis Colts. Info from the same person who said Frank Gore was headed to Indy.
At this rate the Colts should go ahead and trade for Watt. Complete the hat trick.

MechDX

Alex Flanagan ‏@Alex_Flanagan · 1m1 minute ago
Drew Brees reaction to Jimmy Graham trade same as many around the nfl. Brees tells me, "I'm as shocked as everyone else. I love the guy".

cdyhybrid

I like the move. Having a solid line is better than having a really good TE.
I like Jimmy Graham a lot. dude is a beast, but he does tend to disappear in really important games. I dont deny that. Also with the injuries and his cost to the cap its a move that I was honestly expecting them to make.
Now if we traded Brees I would be quite pissed unless we had a really really high draft pick to get the best available QB or something similar. Who knows, maybe we already have made such a trade. Two first round picks can get some pretty solid talent for the long haul if they play their cards correctly.
The way I see it, the last couple seasons for Saints fans have been a nightmare already and the team has sucked, so moving forward might not be such a bad idea. A lot of players started strong but didnt play to their contracts and age gets everyone at some point.

First and foremost I am a Saints fan. I like Saints players when they are on the team. I still have a soft spot for guys like Lance Moore and even Scott Fujita and Shockey even when they moved on, but players come and go and contracts in the NFL are anything but rock solid. If the Saints FO decides this has to be done, Im going with all of it, because its my team. I am now a Max Unger fan as well. Thats how it goes.

By the way, the Foles/Bradford trade is intriguing.

I looooooove green tea!

Unger's good if he can stay healthy, he'll be good for you guys.

LevelNth

Banned
Holy at 8.5 guaranteed for Gore. Waaaay too much, but I still wish him all the best.

Niners comp picks are really racking up now, two solid ones so far for Gore and Skuta. Next up Cox and the overpay of the century Culliver!

RBH

qWg5gLZ.png

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/575406649093021696

Indifferent2.gif

MechDX

At this rate the Colts should go ahead and trade for Watt. Complete the hat trick.

Last time: I honestly don't give a fuck what Andre does. if he signs with the Colts fine. Hope he goes over the middle and Swearinger cleans his clock

waits for all the witty "You salty" comments while casually avoiding I have been saying for a year he needed to go

Godslay

Banned
Are you listening to Virgil Green speak at Broncos conference. Dude saves he loves physicality, and studies blocking. "I am about tough hard nosed football" "I love blocking and moving somebody against their will."

Yep, listening to it right now (just ended). He's a good dude. Probably won't have the numbers Julius had, but he's a true tight end.

kmag

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 57s57 seconds ago
Bruce Carter, the former #Cowboys linebacker, will visit the #Bucs and then the #Texans

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14s14 seconds ago
Former #Jaguars LB JT Thomas will sign with the #Giants. It’s a 3-year deal worth $12M with $4.5M fully guaranteed

lol a Jags LB worth $12m?

From the figures I wouldn't be surprised if it's essentially a one year look see deal. $12m over 3 years is only $4m a year, so the guarantee of $4.5 million is something which can be easily absorbed over one or two years, so if he's shit he can be cut next year for minimum dead money

the guarantee is always the thing.

Duxxy3

Last time: I honestly don't give a fuck what Andre does. if he signs with the Colts fine. Hope he goes over the middle and Swearinger sics his dog on him.

waits for all the witty "You salty" comments while casually avoiding I have been saying for a year he needed to go

Fixed for recent events.

I still don't understand why the Patriots got rid of Brandon Browner. It doesn't make much sense.

Dunno. I just figured they were going to restructure and extend. Not sure why he was released.

minx

I understand that the Bears want a true 3-4 NT like Pot Roast but they still have Ratliff who is very good plus Sutton and Ferguson who they drafted last year. They would seem to be lost in a 3-4 just like Jarred Allen.

cajunator

Banned
Unger's good if he can stay healthy, he'll be good for you guys.

Hope so. Saints have needed a strong center for several years. There was a lot of pressure getting to Brees up the middle.

Before this season Niners and Saints fans tried saying that their TE was better than Gronk.

That'll learn em.

when he is healthy, I honestly still think he is. Problem is he hasnt been healthy and has had some very worrisome injuries. He is too tall to block very well in addition. Perhaps you have a point there as a complete tight end.
The problem with Graham is that he was such a mismatch, that Brees basically forced the ball to him, and when teams found a way to double team him out of the game our offense became hugely one dimensional. Everyone could see how much the offense had regressed the past couple of years. We were a lot better with roleplayer blocking tight ends and a stud Oline. I think Payton wants to return to what was working in the earlier years.

Im not one of those people who panics when players leave so Im sorry if I didnt produce the reaction yall were expecting.
I love you guys.

*squeezes everybody

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bill is gonna draft some cbs.

He has such a great draft record at that position.

ras-i-dowling, terrence wheatley, jonathan wilhite, darius butler, devin Mccourty (the corner yes he was AWFUL), and the incomparable ellis hobbs. I have a feeling Logan Ryan will fit nicely with this bunch soon.

Top Bottom