• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Some numbers on the Giants free agents:

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 10m10 minutes ago View translation
Shane Vereen Giants deal:, $12.3M, $4.75M guaranteed, $3.5M bonus, salaries $1.25M, $3.15M, $3.15M, 2015 sal. gteed, $500K roster bonus 2016

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 7m7 minutes ago
Marshall Newhouse Giants deal: two-yr $3 million, $800,000 bonus, $1M gteed, salaries $850K $1.2M; $200K 2015 sal. gtd. $250K escalator

1.25 million all guaranteed for Vereen this season. I'll gladly take that thank you.

JCizzle

You're absolutely insane. Ozzie is the only other GM I'd want over Baalke, entire reason we have the talent we do.

That same talent did shit without Harbs and will do shit with the lunatic we have coaching now, and that falls on him. Now half the team is getting caught up in cults and beating the shit out of their wives under his new regime as supreme leader.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Congrats Seattle for winning the offseason over everyone.

Meanwhile the 49ers have turned into an NFL dumpster fire. Worst head coach hire, sticking to same terrible offensive system, all pros retiring or moving on (although Gore and Smith were past their prime by quite a bit) and picking up basically nothing in free agency. Kaepernick should probably demand a trade because he wasn't viewed fairly before and now has zero chance of success.

Was just a recording of a different interview.

Said they got him because he's a size mismatch and will be huge in the red zone.

Said Cary Williams fits the mold of what they're looking for at CB and that he finished last season strong.

Make sense... as much as I dislike Jimmy if that was him in the last play instead of Ricardo Lockette... there's a good chance Russell doesn't throw a pick there. Worst case scenario he over throw Jimmy and it's 3rd down. I get the reasoning...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bradford-Foles trade details are weird. If he starts 8 games the Rams get Philly's 2nd rounder, if he starts less than 8, Philly gets Rams 4th rounder, if he gets injured again, Philly gets Rams 3rd rounder.

This is the stupidest trade ever

Raiders former center Wiz is visiting the Bucs.

I think Murray's agent is just using the Raiders as leverage to get higher price. Doubt he comes here. Don't want him anyway.

Bradford-Foles trade details are weird. If he starts 8 games the Rams get Philly's 2nd rounder, if he starts less than 8, Philly gets Rams 4th rounder, if he gets injured again, Philly gets Rams 3rd rounder.

What if he starts 9 games then gets injured? Rams get Philly's second and then Philly gets the Ram's third?

This thread blew past 10,000 posts fast. I think a Pats fan should make the next one. It's only fair. Gata?

I'll do it if I have time when we need a new one.

Also, I'm really enjoying Drive Club. Been too long since I played a racing game, with absoluty jack shit releasing for the PS4.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

If its just based on starts they could just trot out Sanchez for the first snap of every game and play Bradford after that. Chip would do something like that.

edit from schefter that makes sense -

Eagles will surrender 2016 2nd-round pick to Rams in QB trade no matter what. But will get back a conditional 2016 pick from Rams. It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.

LevelNth

Banned
That same talent did shit without Harbs and will do shit with the lunatic we have coaching now, and that falls on him. Now half the team is getting caught up in cults and beating the shit out of their wives under his new regime as supreme leader.
Ah you're one of those. Will be fun to watch you pretend you're not fairweather when we're winning.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Pioli? He's in Atlanta.

Ack, yeah, Lombardi.

Basically, the first few years of the BB era he had a really good group of fellow execs and coaches (Lombardi, Pioli, McDaniels, Crennell, etc) - they all left, and BB basically survived off the fact that a) the Raiders were incompetent (and traded Randy Moss) and b) the AFC East was super duper incompetent and gave them an easy path to the playoffs.

The BB tree didn't do well on their own, and neither did BB; but most of them came back, and with continued incompetence from the AFC East (Geno! Dolphins! EJ Manuel!); were able to reclaim their spot. Lets be honest; do the Patriots make it out of the NFC West nearly as often as the AFC East the last 3-4 years?

Best GMs recently have been Schneider / Baalke / Newsome (Ozzie is the only GM who has consistently been able to beat the average over a period of time, really good Football Outsider piece on it).

methodman

Banned
harbaugh was asscheeks. he picked kap to be our qb and fucked our franchise, then he left it after his shitty 8-8 season. fuck em. im glad he's gone. i hope we trade kap for brees soon

Crud

Banned
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 50s51 seconds ago
more on Wilfork's market--> RT @omarkelly: Houston and Indy have interest in Vince Wilfork too.

Colts building a dream team out of old U players

Honestly Htown don't need Wilfork.

squicken

If its just based on starts they could just trot out Sanchez for the first snap of every game and play Bradford after that. Chip would do something like that.

It's something like 50% of the snaps next year

Rich Eisen is pretty earnest that Bradford is Chip's guy. That this isn't a precursor to another move for Mariotta

e: 2016 2nd is NOT conditional. Rams get that no matter what

If Bradford plays less than 50 percent of snaps next year, Eagles get a '16 4th from the Rams. If he missed the year, they get a 3rd. If he plays more than 50% of the snaps, the Eagles get nothing

Congrats Seattle for winning the offseason over everyone.

Meanwhile the 49ers have turned into an NFL dumpster fire. Worst head coach hire, sticking to same terrible offensive system, all pros retiring or moving on (although Gore and Smith were past their prime by quite a bit) and picking up basically nothing in free agency. Kaepernick should probably demand a trade because he wasn't viewed fairly before and now has zero chance of success.

What? We got Dockett and Smith. Not setting the world on fire but those are good players. Pwill doesn't hurt as much with borland. Gore is whatever.

What did you expect us to do in FA?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Ah you're one of those. Will be fun to watch you pretend you're not fairweather when we're winning.

49ers could still be terrifyingly good. Assuming Bowman recovers and Brooks isn't cut for cap reasons, most of the players you lost you have backups for if they live up to their draft status.

Justin Smith = Tank Carradine
Frank Gore = Carlos Hyde
Patrick Willis = Chris Borland
Mike Iupati = Marcus Smith

There basically could be no player related drop-off for the team. Hell, if Crabtree can be kept, your WRs might be even better. Question will be how good Harbaugh is versus Tomsula.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Eagles will surrender 2016 2nd-round pick to Rams in QB trade no matter what. But will get back a conditional 2016 pick from Rams. It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.

nHx5HQQ.gif

overcast

edit from schefter that makes sense -

This is such a convoluted trade, but whatever. So I break it down like Bradford + 5th for Foles + 4th this year.

Next year 2nd from Eagles for 3th or 4th from us.

I'm okay with that. Neither of them are that good, but Bradford has the better situation offense wise. Of course he tends to not be healthy.

Top Bottom