• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Everyone's still trying to make some sort of sense of this trade.

Do the Redskins want Bradford? That's the question I suppose. I think Kelly is trying to keep his options open in case Tennessee takes Mariota at number 2 and he can't trade up to get Mariota.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Absolutely love the Haloti Ngata trade. He's always been one of my favorite DTs in the league and consistently performed. Also has championship leadership to bring to the team and we'll need it this year.

At this point I think we either resign Fairley or CJ Mosley and stick to the 4-3 scheme we ran last year. Any other signings at this point is just icing on the cake.

I was getting worried we'd lose both Suh and Fairley have to use a high round draft pick on a DT but since we used a 4th last year on Caruan Reid we can use those higher picks for impact players on offense.

This was a brilliant Plan B on the part of the front office.

effzee

Who even cares anymore. They just lost all their leverage and bargaining Chip in Foles.

Who in the world wants Bradford in the top 6.

Let's be real. The Mariota deal is over. This was Chip's back up plan all along. I would have thought it would be Foles since they were only paying him 669k. Went from that to Bradford who is owed 13M and coming off of a terrible injury.

Fuck everything

B_xlpvBUIAIcPTf.jpg

Foles twitter

Thankful for the opportunity to start my career in Philly. Going to miss my teammates & Eagles fans who supported me.
@STLouisRams I'm excited for this new chapter and looking forward to what's ahead in St. Louis. Go Rams!

HawkeyeIC

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 58s58 seconds ago
They’ve been lurking in the cornerback market, and now the #Redskins get a visit from a talented one: Perrish Cox on the way tomorrow.

Hmmm. Always thought they would re-sign Cox and let Culliver go. Can't lose both of them.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows · 34s35 seconds ago
The #49ers have discussed restructuring/reducing WR Stevie Johnson's contract with his reps but there's been no resolution thus far.

I think they will end up keeping Johnson, but we'll see.

@BigBlueUnited: #Giants are heavily considering Rahim Moore at the safety position. - via ESPN Denver

Um..duh. By "heavily considering" you mean best be writing a check for either he or Ron Parker. I'll reiterate, our secondary is in dire straits if we don't come out of free agency with a safety worth a shit.

Bowser

Per Peter King:

Just got told, “Chip came hard after Bradford. That’s why this happened.” So there’s that

There were other teams, multiple, involved in the chase for Bradford.

Absolutely love the Haloti Ngata trade. He's always been one of my favorite DTs in the league and consistently performed. Also has championship leadership to bring to the team and we'll need it this year.

At this point I think we either resign Fairley or CJ Mosley and stick to the 4-3 scheme we ran last year. Any other signings at this point is just icing on the cake.

I was getting worried we'd lose both Suh and Fairley have to use a high round draft pick on a DT but since we used a 4th last year on Caruan Reid we can use those higher picks for impact players on offense.

This was a brilliant Plan B on the part of the front office.

I like Ngata a lot as a player but :jnc:

Spinluck

I still remember the Polian days where dude absolutely abstained from free agency for the most part. I always hated seeing teams sign players and shit, and we did nothing. Still getting used to this.

That man sure had quite the drafting streak though.

knicks

The Eagles could have traded Nick Foles and Lesean McCoy together to the Bucs for their #1 pick and Mike Evans.

Honestly, what is this guy doing. He traded the superior QB for an inferior QB who is also somehow getting paid over $15 million. Nick Foles is better than Bradford, is also getting paid peanuts. McCoy got traded for nothing. If you want to trade McCoy at least get something valuable, not a sophomore player coming off injury.

They fucking paid Byron Maxwell $60 million. What the fuck are they doing? He is good, but they didn't have to pay anywhere close to that.

Sanjuro

The Eagles could have traded Nick Foles and Lesean McCoy together to the Bucs for their #1 pick and Mike Evans.

Honestly, what is this guy doing. He traded the superior QB for an inferior QB who is also somehow getting paid over $15 million. Nick Foles is better than Bradford, and was better budget wise. McCoy got traded for nothing. If you want to trade McCoy at least get something valuable, not a sophomore player coming off injury.

They fucking paid Byron Maxwell $60 million. What the fuck are they doing? He is good, but they didn't have to pay anywhere close to that.

...Eagles got more value for McCoy than they had any business getting.

Bowser

Honestly, what is this guy doing. He traded the superior QB for an inferior QB who is also somehow getting paid over $15 million. Nick Foles is better than Bradford, is also getting paid peanuts. McCoy got traded for nothing. If you want to trade McCoy at least get something valuable, not a sophomore player coming off injury.

hwYDk0S.gif

Can't wait for my Bradford jersey.

Who were the other teams interested? Are they in top 6? Titans cause Locker retired?
Titans are locked in on using Mettz. Unless they pull a fast one and trade for Brees ;). We drafting Williams is probably a done deal. Like I said that's if we draft

Can't wait for my Bradford jersey.

Who were the other teams interested? Are they in top 6? Titans cause Locker retired?
I think Browns were one, but personally kinda glad we didn't get him. I think the Titans moved on from locker, seems like mett or the possibility they draft Mariota. But I'd like to see them stay with Mett, would make for a more exciting draft

Top Bottom