• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Sanjuro

I was exaggerating a bit, but you really don't think they could have gotten something better for McCoy? The guy is 26, in his prime and is a premiere player in the league. An MVP candidate two seasons ago. Sure he is making a decent penny, but isn't it worth it? It's not like the Eagles are designating that money elsewhere.

The Jets would have 100% gave their 6th round pick for Foles and McCoy. They got fucking Sam Bradford and a decent defensive guy. They got played.

I'm not sure i would want the Jets 6th round pick. The team isn't bad, and can certainly compete. I'm not positive on the cap status which is the huge negative here. If they have enough room to sign a decent defensive player, they aren't looking bad in that division.

I don't think it's a great deal either to be honest. It's just not a franchise breaking one.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
One down, one to go? Sources: Jets are in serious discussions to bring back CB Antonio Cromartie. #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Antonio Cromartie wants to return to the Jets & play for Todd Bowles again. A Revis-Cromartie reunion might be on the horizon for Jets #nyj

Fuck yourself Rex.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chip is pulling the NFL equivalent to what the Suns did ages ago in the NBA by bringing in lots of injury prone dudes nobody else wanted and they managed to get a ton out of those guys.

I wonder if he too also has some revolutionary training methods that will magically keep everyone healthy.
steroid smoothies

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
One down, one to go? Sources: Jets are in serious discussions to bring back CB Antonio Cromartie. #nyj

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
Antonio Cromartie wants to return to the Jets & play for Todd Bowles again. A Revis-Cromartie reunion might be on the horizon for Jets #nyj

Fuck yourself Rex.

Yesssssssss

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not opposed to signing Cro but they just signed 2 CBs yesterday... I guess another move that definitely ensures the end of Kyle Wilson is fine with me though.

gutshot

Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
Opinion on Chip Kelly's moves from those I talk to around the NFL has seem based mostly on personal opinion of Kelly. Those that like him ..

say give him time, the Bradford trade, for instance, could pay off. Those that don't like him (and there are many) say he's nuts and in ...

over his head as a GM. But even those that I trust to be impartial have all had the same take: "WTF is Chip doing?"

squicken

Go get your boy, BG

Amid a whirlwind of wild transactions, overmatched Browns stand in place and fall further behind

The fact that the Browns could be content signing Josh McCown while knowing Foles and Bradford were available signifies the misdirected football acumen and leadership that plagues the franchise.

Their disdain for Brian Hoyer is one thing. Their infatuation with Johnny Manziel is another. Their stated belief that they can compete with the 36-year-old McCown tossing passes to Brian Hartline and handing off to Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell is, quite frankly, an insult to the collective intelligence of a suffering football populace steeped in the genius of Paul Brown.

Jarnet87

I was a bit upset Tampa hasn't been active in Free Agency, but then I remembered that every time we are a big player in FA it becomes a disaster. Just stay out the chaos and pick up the scraps.

No surprised Ravens traded Ngata. I don't think Ravens got a good trade out of him. Not as bad as when they traded Boldin to SF, but still bad. Ngata was a prefect fit for Lions, at least get another draft pick.

Dave Birkett ‏ @ davebirkett 7m 7 minutes ago
The Lions are telling people Nick Fairley won't be back http://on.freep.com/1C4KLtO via @ freep

Not surprising. Lions weren't going to give him more than a "prove it deal"

He can be a good player when healthy and motivated but he only showed flashes of each with the Lions. That Ngata trade was a decent move now they need to find someone to pkay next to him in the draft or off the scrap heap.

LevelNth

Banned
No surprised Ravens traded Ngata. I don't think Ravens got a good trade out of him. Not as bad as when they traded Boldin to SF, but still bad. Ngata was a prefect fit for Lions, at least get another draft pick.
Ozzie is like Baalke when it comes to D, no matter who leaves, he's got someone else and everyone will seem shocked that their absence was immediately nullified by someone we've never really heard of or a genius draft pick.

Just like when people said the Niners D will be worse when TKO left. Then when Franklin left. Then when Goldson left. Then when Rogers and Brown left. Then when Whitner left.

NFL BEN ‏ @ nflben 46m 46 minutes ago
ESPN's John Clayton essentially guaranteed that the # Redskins would take Oregon QB Marcus Mariota if he's available at the No 5 overall pick

NFL BEN ‏ @ nflben 46m 46 minutes ago
ESPN's John Clayton essentially guaranteed that the # Redskins would take Oregon QB Marcus Mariota if he's available at the No 5 overall pick

Look at everything the Skins got and gave up in that trade for RG3, and then read that tweet. See how long you can last without laughing

LevelNth

Banned
Even if somehow Kelly is a QB whiz and sees things no one else does about Bradford, how do you ignore two ACL tears to the same knee, both non-contact?

It's such a huge red flag.

MechDX

Old news now but Woirlds retiring caught me by surprise. Why are all these players finding god and retiring? God hates football?

Draxal

Man, that sucks. More time for all the other great games coming this year I suppose. So now Sony's biggest 2015 exclusive outside of Bloodborne is what, Persona 5? No Man's Sky? Yikes.

Exclusives really don't matter (except for Nintendo), as all multiplatform games are just stronger on the system.

Bowser

Even if somehow Kelly is a QB whiz and sees things no one else does about Bradford, how do you ignore two ACL tears to the same knee, both non-contact?

It's such a huge red flag.

thomasdavis.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
Old news now but Woirlds retiring caught me by surprise. Why are all these players finding god and retiring? God hates football?
I think there is a new church policy that if you've ever had 5 or more concussions you can't get into heaven anymore, cause Jesus thinks you'll act 'weird' and freak out all the other angels.

Exclusives really don't matter (except for Nintendo), as all multiplatform games are just stronger on the system.
In terms of how it affects me I agree, I'll have plenty to play regardless. I still think platform exclusives are a big selling point when it comes to Xbox vs. PS, though.

Man, that sucks. More time for all the other great games coming this year I suppose. So now Sony's biggest 2015 exclusive outside of Bloodborne is what, Persona 5? No Man's Sky? Yikes.

Persona really has a chance of being a runaway success if they can market it properly.
But knowing Sony it probably won't happen.

Top Bottom