• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Even if somehow Kelly is a QB whiz and sees things no one else does about Bradford, how do you ignore two ACL tears to the same knee, both non-contact?

It's such a huge red flag.

‏@SheilKapadia
Bradford, Thurmond, Alonso and Mathews played a combined total of 8 games last year. Assuming plan is to #sportscience 'em up.

Challenge: "if I sign a lot of injured people and give them smoothies, at least some of them won't get injured again"

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
Cromartie is expected to choose between Jets and Cardinals today #nyj

Down to Cards and Jets for Cro

EDIT:

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

The #Jets are the clear leader for the services of Antonio Cromartie, and the expectation is he signs there. Revis the recruiter.

Oh shit

MechDX

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors · 1m1 minute ago
Report: Texans Could Trade QB Ryan Fitzpatrick To Jets After Signing Brian Hoyer http://bit.ly/1EbuKl9

In link deal already being discussed.

So BOB tenders Keenum and trades him back to the Rams. The team from whose practice squad we took him from to begin with. Now we get a pick for Fitzpatrick?

lol

Caja 117

Sad to hear about Revis, regardless, Thank you Revis for this wonderful year and best of luck with the Jest.

Ever time the Pats let someone go, they had a plan, this does not feel like they have a plan. I almost feel like yesterday passed them by. Are there any CBs in the draft? Not that they can develop corners well from their track record. Maybe move Devin back?! Haha. I keed.

That was part of the plan, next season they dont do good, get a high draft pick and get a Player Bill wants in the 2016 Draft while making it easier for him to release Tom and make Jimmy our Starting QB....Yup, all part of the plan.

Yeah no. Revis is the GOAT corner, he'll be elite for at least 4 more years.
kjpordy.0.gif

2014-09-10-12_02_40.gif

effzee

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors · 1m1 minute ago
Report: Texans Could Trade QB Ryan Fitzpatrick To Jets After Signing Brian Hoyer http://bit.ly/1EbuKl9

In link deal already being discussed.

So BOB tenders Keenum and trades him back to the Rams. The team from whose practice squad we took him from to begin with. Now we get a pick for Fitzpatrick?

lol

Could take Jets away from taking Mariota.

What a cruel joke if Mariota ends with Washington while we stroll out with Bradford

dionysus

Yaldog
I still think the Graham trade is a neutral trade for the Saints, but it has gotten me thinking. I was in a bit of denial about the current Saints situation.

Going into the 2014 season the Saints were obviously in win it all now at the expense of the future mode with the Graham and Byrd contracts on top of how painful the Brees contract is going to become going forward. Well the 2014 season proved we were a long way off from winning it all.

Now a lot of fans, including me considered some of those losses as bad luck and the rest chalked up to a bad defense and an offense trying to cover for that bad defense. A few tweaks on defense and maybe a new DC and we would be contenders again.

The problem with that is that the Saints cap situation is such that we are not going to be able to upgrade any defensive players going forward, in fact it is likely our talent level is going to get worse as our restructurings and stealing from the future come home to roost.
So yea I think it is time to trade Brees and go full on rebuild. We aren't good enough now to be a contender, and it is likely to get worse.

ampere

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2505018/kjpordy.0.gif[img]

[img]https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2014-09-10-12_02_40.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Strangely absent are all the times he didn't get beat, because they don't make flashy highlights

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qZBxDQU.jpg

Respect

This is the year we see a sharp decline in Revis' game. Patriots staying ahead of the curve.

Doubt it, what is so surprising is that the money actually wasn't as high as I thought it would be, guess the hold up was the guaranteed money. Still feel like they cheaped out a bit. Love DMC, but Revis is what made the defense legitimate, Revis & Browner > DMC.

Anyway, thanks for memories Revis!

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m2 minutes ago
Now here's a fit that makes a ton of sense: former Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams is scheduled to visit the Steelers on Friday, per source.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Now here's a fit that makes a ton of sense: former Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams is scheduled to visit the Steelers on Friday, per source.

Panthers remain the AFCN's farm team

Spinluck

Deon is the GOAT. Revis is the best since Neon though.

I'm not too bothered by UC4 delay, like every other fan I wanted it this year but P5 was my #1 prospect anyway. Also, MGS5 and Zelda. I can wait.

Patriots7

Doubt it, what is so surprising is that the money actually wasn't as high as I thought it would be, guess the hold up was the guaranteed money. Still feel like they cheaped out a bit. Love DMC, but Revis is what made the defense legitimate, Revis & Browner > DMC.

Anyway, thanks for memories Revis!
Combination of Revis, Browner and DMC made the secondary legitimate.
Revis alone did not do that.

I believe Revis was always going to the jets no matter what
Indeed. It wasn't all that surprising.

Respect

UC4 delayed? Didn't even hear about that yet...that's unfortunate, but I'm not a huge UC fan either. Only played the first one, enjoyed my time with it, but wasn't all that enamored, I know 2 gets a bunch of love, but was never really that interested in picking it up.

Still will probably check out UC4 though, whenever it gets released.

Combination of Revis, Browner and DMC made the secondary legitimate.
Revis alone did not do that.

We have seen the defense with DMC and journeyman CB's before, it was painful to watch every 3rd and long and know that half the time someone body is going to just be running free, wide open 15 yards down the field.

ParityBit

That was part of the plan, next season they dont do good, get a high draft pick and get a Player Bill wants in the 2016 Draft while making it easier for him to release Tom and make Jimmy our Starting QB....Yup, all part of the plan.

Hah! Well, we have no choice really. In Bill we trust.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
Opinion on Chip Kelly's moves from those I talk to around the NFL has seem based mostly on personal opinion of Kelly. Those that like him ..

say give him time, the Bradford trade, for instance, could pay off. Those that don't like him (and there are many) say he's nuts and in ...

over his head as a GM. But even those that I trust to be impartial have all had the same take: "WTF is Chip doing?"
I feel like he's trying to self destruct his own team. Makes no sense. Does he think he can just replace great skill players like it was nothing.
I almost never post in the offseason thread, but his moves specifically brought me her to trash him.

Milchjon

[imghttps://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2505018/kjpordy.0.gif[/img]

[imghttps://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/2014-09-10-12_02_40.gif[/img]

Thanks for trying to make us feel better. Alas we don't have a Rodgers or a Wallace.

Also GOAT Revis getting beat was obviously one handed Moss.

Thanks for trying to make us feel better. Alas we don't have a Rodgers or a Wallace.

Also GOAT Revis getting beat was obviously one handed Moss.
If it makes you feel any better that second gif pisses me off more than anything. It's Wallace perfectly summed up in one gif. Great at the quickness/running part of being a WR, horrible at securing the catch and being aware of his position on the field. The worst part is every time that happens people talk about how bad Tannehill's accuracy is.

In all seriousness, without Revis there is no way the Pats win that SB. I hate that he loaned his merc services to them for a season. Pats defense will be much less imposing without him there next season.

Patriots7

We have seen the defense with DMC and journeyman CB's before, it was painful to watch every 3rd and long and know that half the time someone body is going to just be running free, wide open 15 yards down the field.
We had Talib locking down one player, the problem was always the CB on the other side. Having both Revis and Browner on the field took away that liability. Revis alone, and we would not have been anywhere as good as we were (See Week 1-4).

Browner gets no respect for the role that he served.

gutshot

Gone: LeSean McCoy, Nick Foles, Jeremy Maclin, Trent Cole, Cary Williams, Todd Herremans, Bradley Fletcher (probably), Nate Allen (probably)

Added: Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell, Sam Bradford, Walter Thurmond, Ryan Mathews, more to come

Staying: Brandon Graham, Mark Sanchez

That is a ton of turnover for one offseason.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Jets cycle looks suspiciously like the Texans cycle...

Except the Texans cycle is usually more cruel because they used to always finish around .500.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I feel like he's trying to self destruct his own team. Makes no sense. Does he think he can just replace great skill players like it was nothing.
I almost never post in the offseason thread, but his moves specifically brought me her to trash him.

Maybe he's still in a college mindset where for him it's about the system and the players come and go.

Look here: http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=PHI

Then look here: http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?season=2013&team=PHI&seasonType=

In the first link, compare the stats between Mark Sanchez and Nick Foles. They are eerily similar. Sanchez was actually more accurate and had a higher YPA. Replacing a guy in Foles who looked like a superstar in 2013 and then slightly above replacement level in 2014. Fairly positive he feels he could plug anyone in and get results.

Now, compare the stats of DeSean Jackson in 2013 and Jeremy Maclin in 2014. They are:

Jackson in 13: 82 rec, 1332 yards, 9 TDs, 16.2 Y/C
Maclin in 14 (Coming off of ACL Surgery): 85 rec, 1315 yards, 10 TDs, 15.5 Y/C

Also consider the emergence of Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz.

I am willing to give Chip the benefit of the doubt, he just needs someone to run the defense.

I hope it all explodes in his face, don't get me wrong.

manfestival

my coworker is so annoying. I swear she needs to learn some common sense and people skills. She is quick to anger and always takes a hostile approach on things even if there can be doubt in what she is saying. Tired of working in this office for many reasons but she can be full blown idiotic sometimes

MechDX

Interestingly enough, if you google "texans cycle" the Browns version pops up first.

tqVSz.jpg

Motherfucker. lol I made the Browns version just for BG when he was my BFF

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright · 6m6 minutes ago
Raiders signing Dan Williams and Curtis Lofton per source. Getting Williams pulled them out of Knighton sweepstakes.

RaidersBrinksTruck,jpeg

Top Bottom