• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

ampere

Maybe he's still in a college mindset where for him it's about the system and the players come and go.

I can kind of see this but it still looks like there is a big push for Mariota. If players are so plug and play to him, why is Mariota so special?

I think Chip wasn't ready for this much power in the NFL.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
my coworker is so annoying. I swear she needs to learn some common sense and people skills. She is quick to anger and always takes a hostile approach on things even if there can be doubt in what she is saying. Tired of working in this office for many reasons but she can be full blown idiotic sometimes

Huh? Does she work for Chip Kelly?

Bowser

Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 9m9 minutes ago
Raiders signing Dan Williams and Curtis Lofton per source. Getting Williams pulled them out of Knighton sweepstakes.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 23m23 minutes ago
Greg Hardy has 6 interested teams, looming as one of the more talented available FA. May take a visit.

Bowser

Who else are the raiders going to spend their money on

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago
Raiders have deals with DT Dan Williams and LB Curtis Lofton, as @mikecwright said. Adds to haul of Helu, Lee Smith, Malcolm Smith, Hudson.

lol, I think they need to redefine the word "haul"

MechDX

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl · 35s36 seconds ago
Brian Hoyer is at the #Texans facility to take team physical.

ron-paul.gif

BTW this is sarcasm for the dumb fucks here

gutshot

Maybe he's still in a college mindset where for him it's about the system and the players come and go.

Look here: http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=PHI

Then look here: http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?season=2013&team=PHI&seasonType=

In the first link, compare the stats between Mark Sanchez and Nick Foles. They are eerily similar. Sanchez was actually more accurate and had a higher YPA. Replacing a guy in Foles who looked like a superstar in 2013 and then slightly above replacement level in 2014. Fairly positive he feels he could plug anyone in and get results.

Now, compare the stats of DeSean Jackson in 2013 and Jeremy Maclin in 2014. They are:

Jackson in 13: 82 rec, 1332 yards, 9 TDs, 16.2 Y/C
Maclin in 14 (Coming off of ACL Surgery): 85 rec, 1315 yards, 10 TDs, 15.5 Y/C

Also consider the emergence of Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz.

I am willing to give Chip the benefit of the doubt, he just needs someone to run the defense.

I hope it all explodes in his face, don't get me wrong.

This is the theory that many Eagles fans had up until yesterday afternoon. Chip was going to reallocate resources from high-priced talented offensive skill position players and build a high-priced talented defense and then allow his system to take care of things on the offensive side of the ball. Of course, most seemed to feel that that whole plan depended on landing the dynamic QB who could run his system to perfection, namely Marcus Mariota.

Then Chip went and traded for Sam fucking Bradford and that theory exploded like a couple of ACLs.

If Bradford turns out to be the next Drew Brees then there will be a lot of salty Eagle fans.

I don't know what Bradford will turn into. If he can recover from his injuries and stay healthy he'll be a good QB, and that aspect of it is fine by me. I care more that the Eagles got fleeced in the trade. Especially that 2nd round pick is obscene.

Pepiope

FTFY

Literally no one is going to be out there holding the fans accountable. In this thread it's a different story of course!
I've realized that there was no way Foles was going to QB the team next season. Given the circumstances, Bradford >>>>>>>>>> MM. A lot of fans for some reason still think we're going after MM when we have up a second to get Bradford.

Pepiope

I don't know what Bradford will turn into. If he can recover from his injuries and stay healthy he'll be a good QB, and that aspect of it is fine by me. I care more that the Eagles got fleeced in the trade. Especially that 2nd round pick is obscene.
I wouldn't say fleeced. If you believe in a particular QB then it doesn't matter what you have to give up to get him. Considering the fact that other teams wanted MM too, Chip paid what he needed to in order to get his guy.

ampere

I was still under the impression the Bradford trade was about getting extra picks and a QB that one of the high draft pick teams wanted to further set up the Mariota trade.

For better or worse for the Eagles I still think that Mariota thing is happening.

knicks

What I don't understand is how analyst are saying trading Nick Foles for Sam Bradford gives the Eagles a better opportunity to move up in the draft.

How does this make any sense at all? Nick Foles is certaintly more valuable than Sam Bradford. They had plenty of assets to move up, and they traded those assets away for nothing. It all makes no sense.

Bowser

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 3m3 minutes ago
As first reported by @davebirkett, Nick Fairley is no longer considering a return to the #Lions.

Spinluck

Didn't Belicheck pick up Blount mid season last year? He will sign like 3 impact players during season like he did last year and remain competitive.

MechDX

Yeah but like your team has a plan bro

We're just sitting here looking like fools while our SHIT gm and goes out and fucks it all up!

meh.

This is what good teams do. Texans are finally doing it so I get excited for Brian Fucking Hoyer. His wife is kind of hot though

brian-hoyers-wife-lauren-hoyer.jpg

MRSA

Banned
With all that money Reggie decides to sign a washed up MLB in Curtis Lofton (Yeah he made a lot of tackles last year, I think none were at LOS or behind) who is a 2 down LB. Could've went young with Mason Foster (Who is seen as a 3 down LB) but the dumbass decided to go with Curtis Lofton.

Oh and lets not forget about his signing of a TE who has the same amount of TDs as your backup lineman last season.

Mark Herzlich resigned with the Giants. Not a shock. Good special teams guy and seemed to have finally found his niche as an outside backer. He isn't great but his contributions on ST and depth will be good for the low price we likely paid for him.

I was still under the impression the Bradford trade was about getting extra picks and a QB that one of the high draft pick teams wanted to further set up the Mariota trade.

For better or worse for the Eagles I still think that Mariota thing is happening.

I'm in the other camp. I think Pat Shurmur was impressed by Bradford and convinced Chip he's their guy. Even so, what teams even want Bradford? The Jets? They pick after the Redskins, who are now rumored to be going after Mariota. I don't necessarily see how this made it any easier.

Top Bottom