• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

MechDX

Fitz did pretty well with Chan Gailey didn't he? Gailey is now with the Jets. Definitely an upgrade over Geno.

What the heck is a Gata and what does he have to do with the NFL?

Fitz had one of his better years with Gailey so yeah it was a no brainer as a temp solution.

Gata is our mascot.

Yep. They got Brady in the 6th. A 5th is a good recoup on the value.

It's simple math really.

I bet we sign Dwayne Bowe and/or Percy Harvin

And Tebow. Tebow + Harvin is magic. Bring back Hernandez when he finally gets released from jail for that crime he didn't commit and all the other Gators and we will win shit.

Also apperently the Pats are showing interest in everybody's favorite fatty, Nick Fairley. Can he play corner?

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 3m3 minutes ago
I wondered about Vince Wilfork and we’re he’ll land. He’s considering 4 teams (including #Pats & #Texans). Will take his time.

Schefter responded:

EDIT: Got dammit!

Fitzpatrick for a conditional 6th/7th next year is not bad at all. If nothing else, he can actually win a QB competition w/Geno, and can hold the fort in the event the Jets can draft Mariota (or some other project QB).

Now to hope that the Pats don't get Percy Harvin or some other legit offensive weapon. Harvin would be like ultra-Edelman/Welker in that offense.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Fitzpatrick for a conditional 6th/7th next year is not bad at all. If nothing else, he can actually win a QB competition w/Geno, and can hold the fort in the event the Jets can draft Mariota (or some other project QB).

Now to hope that the Pats don't get Percy Harvin or some other legit offensive weapon. Harvin would be like ultra-Edelman/Welker in that offense.

Did we lock up Wilkerson yet??

gutshot

7aJBzWN.png

So you're telling me there's a chance!

Spinluck

Once Andre gets in a room with Grigson it's over.

Same for anyone who gets in a room with him.

#thecloser

#thatsmyGM

#HeDraftedLuckWhatAGenius

#giveHimCreditForTYthough

#AndVontaeTrade

chadskin

Bradford - QB Offense
Sanchez - QB Defense
Mariota - QB Special Teams

That's a Super Bowl contender right there. Oh ... waiiiiiit a minute ... !

Did we lock up Wilkerson yet??

Nope, not yet...I hope we can do that before that front 4 starts benefiting tremendously from the secondary. Provided Wilk, Harrison, Richardson and Coples perform as normal and stay healthy (but with additional help from a legit/healthy secondary), they might have their cost increased pretty soon.

ampere

http://i.imgur.com/7aJBzWN.png[img]

So you're telling me there's a chance![/QUOTE]

If that isn't still the plan then Chip is insane.

If that is still the plan, Chip is making a super risky move, but at least his other decision make sense as parts of the plan.

Patriots showing interest in Nick Fairley

The funny thing is that I could totally see Fairley going to NE and becoming a stud...yet I'm fine with not keeping him. I just don't trust him. Granted he responded well to Caldwell shaming him during the preseason; he hired a personal chef, lost weight, and didn't even re-gain it during the long period during which he was injured/not practicing. Still I don't trust that he'll stay healthy.

I understand why we didn't pick up the 5th year option...but it still was a bad decision. We had two choices in 2014: pick up Fairley's option or draft Aaron Donald. Everyone knew that most of our DTs would be FAs this year, making it essential to lock something up. The front office response? Neither option. No Fairley (for only 5mil), no Donald.

If we miss the playoffs Mayhew has to be fired, the end.

MechDX

I just called a girl co-worker a lesbian in front of everyone when she's not.

That was embarrassing.

Um....that can be grounds for termination.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl · 1m1 minute ago
Upon completing his physical with #Texans, Brian Hoyer is expected to sign a 2-yr deal worth $10.5 m with $4.75 m guaranteed, per source.

More than Mallett

Link

The Autumn Wind
Oh, I am too. The Jets improve with this. That was a comment on heir history.

What else have they done? I was traveling from like 3-1am yesterday so I'm sure I missed a bunch.
Signed CB Revis (You obviously know this one.)
Signed CB Buster Skrine
Signed G James Carpenter
Resigned RB Bilal Powell
Traded for WR Brandon Marshall

Top Bottom