• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Tom Penny

I love Tommy, but wouldn't be too upset if that happened. He wants another shot at a Super Bowl and has maybe 2-3 years left.
Trade him to a contender for a haul and start building around Jimmy. At least then I could pretend that I understand what the fuck Belichick is doing this offseason.

#TeamTradeBrady

Chip is so full of shit. No one offered a first for Bradford and saying so won't pump up his value enough to package him in a trade for Mariota.

Chip talking to the media now

@GeoffMosherCSN
Wow, Chip just basically said he's not trading up to draft Mariota.

‏@Jeff_McLane
Chip Kelly on trading up for Marcus Mariota: "Let's dispel this now. I think this stuff is crazy."

Also said Mariota's the best QB available in the draft.

I can hear my Eagle fan neighbor crying

ampere

So he admits the Mariota thing would be too risky

But that still leaves all of his other moves looking crazy. No way Bradford stays healthy, then it's back to Sanchez

MechDX

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 1m1 minute ago
If Kelly was offered a 1st for Bradford, my guess is it has Browns written all over it. And if Kelly wanted Mariota he'd have taken it...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 24s24 seconds ago
That is assuming all of this didn't go on in a parallel universe somewhere, the one where the owner forced Kelly to take over everything

Damn lol

MechDX

So Chip is saying the owner forced him to take over personnel moves. if that is not true wouldn't the owner be slightly pissed?

ed: ^^ Probably, but it doesn't matter. With everything he's done in the past month, it's obvious that if any of it backfires, they won't make the playoffs and he'll be gone anyway. Even the most optimistic fan has to think Chip's leash is pretty short right now.

None of this is surprising, because none of this will result in Mariota to the Eagles. Chip made it no secret he wanted Mariota for months, even publicly. He didn't gain sense 2 days ago and not say it publicly thinking anybody would buy it. Bradford and Sanchez are the guys, and he'll sink or swim with them.

He'll sink

Sorry yall, this ain't Disney. Not everything has the ending you think is happy.

MechDX

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock · 15s16 seconds ago
Chip has just become the guy who goes to the World Series of Poker with goofy glasses & hoodie & bluffs & loses his whole stack 1st hand.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't think Chip realizes that being offered a first for Bradford and not taking it is a terrible decision. So even his lie makes him look like a moron.

zychi

Banned
Chip is toeing the line between "crazy" and "crazy smart". Still haven't figured out which side of the line he's on yet.

He's trying to set the record for most injuries in a season. First time ever the original 53 man roster ends up all on IR. Every trade and signing he's made has been for someone who's been injured

Top Bottom