• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

eznark

Banned
Signed CB Revis (You obviously know this one.)
Signed CB Buster Skrine
Signed G James Carpenter
Resigned RB Bilal Powell
Traded for WR Brandon Marshall

Totally forgot about Marshall, knew it happened but yeah, strong offseason! Definitely strong third place potential in the AfCN

gutshot

Well, she kept on referring to her "partner" and was talking about how her "partner" made her lunch (which was a fancy pizza with bacon and goat cheese).

So I just asked, "Does she like to cook?"

She kind of looked at me for a second and was like "He.. yeah, he likes to cook."

eznark

Banned
Well, she kept on referring to her "partner" and was talking about how her "partner" made her lunch (which was a fancy pizza with bacon and goat cheese).

She kind of looked at me for a second and was like "He.. yeah, he likes to cook."

Straight people that say partner are monsters.

So you think men can't cook.

Sexist

Do you think it is the 90s or are you just in the midwest? It is very typical for "partner" to be used by a straight person as a term for their boyfriend/girlfriend. I would never make such an assumption.

Bread

Banned
I just called a girl co-worker a lesbian in front of everyone when she's not.

That was embarrassing.
you-are-so-dumb.gif

ampere

oh

Yea some hetero couples use partner instead of bf/gf

This is actually less bad than what I expected your story to be. Just embarrassing and not grounds for termination

eznark

Banned
Do you think it is the 90s or are you just in the midwest? It is very typical for "partner" to be used by a straight person as a term for their boyfriend/girlfriend. I would never make such an assumption.

Heard it like twice living in Boston for four years. Each time everyone else was confused and asked for clarification.

Heard it like twice living in Boston for four years. Each time everyone else was confused and asked for clarification.

I hear it from a certain kind of woman all the time. White, middle aged, progressive. Seems like an equality move or something. Either way, it's almost like they're daring you to do exactly what gutshot did so I've learned to not make that mistake. I've never once heard a man say it.

I like how you interpreted fancy pizza as an indicator her partner was a woman.

eznark

Banned
I hear it from a certain kind of woman all the time. White, middle aged, progressive. Seems like an equality move or something. Either way, it's almost like they're daring you to do exactly what gutshot did so I've learned to not make that mistake. I've never once heard a man say it.

Yeah same.

I did hear a guy say it once when he was with his girlfriend. When she walked away he apologized. It was humorous.

Giants resigned Henry Hynoski. Happy to see that. McAdoo doesn't employ a fullback often enough, IMO and Hyno is a good one.

Ron Parker (S) is visiting the Bears but reports are many teams still in the mix including the Giants.

Rahim Moore is visiting the Texans.

Giants really need to get one of those two guys, IMO.

MechDX

Paul-NFL Chargers ‏@paulmaland · 7m7 minutes ago
Two scouts met with RB Melvin Gordon following his workout. #Chargers and #Texans

After this year Arian can be cut with 2 million cap hit while saving 8 million.

Trey

"Does your partner like to cook?" was the correct reply.

Patriots7

If the Pats don't move Brady at the draft or make some mystery splash in FA I'm going to be pissed. The whole division is loading up. Law of averages is going to catch up and they will be sub .500 for a decade.
I love Tommy, but wouldn't be too upset if that happened. He wants another shot at a Super Bowl and has maybe 2-3 years left.
Trade him to a contender for a haul and start building around Jimmy. At least then I could pretend that I understand what the fuck Belichick is doing this offseason.

effzee

Giants resigned Henry Hynoski. Happy to see that. McAdoo doesn't employ a fullback often enough, IMO and Hyno is a good one.

Ron Parker (S) is visiting the Bears but reports are many teams still in the mix including the Giants.

Rahim Moore is visiting the Texans.

Giants really need to get one of those two guys, IMO.

No Eagles need 1 of them

Top Bottom