• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So how quickly are fans going to be calling for Chip's head this season?

He's effectively let go of- Desean, Maclin, McCoy

Traded a mediocre QB and picks for another Mediocre QB... then subsequently turned down a 1st round pick for that mediocre QB.

Signed Sanchez as the backup to bradford (dream team!)

Seemingly pissing people off along the way while doing all of this.

MechDX

B_1ZyFkUYAAXoC1.png:large

He's trying to set the record for most injuries in a season. First time ever the original 53 man roster ends up all on IR. Every trade and signing he's made has been for someone who's been injured

I think he believes in his sports science program, and it's not entirely without basis. The Eagles do have less soft-tissue injuries than almost any other team. They did in 2014 even with the injuries to the offensive line, and I think in 2013 they were the healthiest team. If the medical science says that guys can come back 100% after an ACL tear Chip believes in them. A LOT of people were extremely skeptical that Maclin would be able to perform at all last year because he was coming off an ACL, and he had a career year. Maclin was notorious for medical issues (at one point it was thought he had cancer). Everyone thought the season was going to be a bust because the #1 receiver was a medical nightmare.

Let's just hope that track record can hold up. It's a pretty good way to get valuable players on the cheap, and if the right medical and training program can bring these guys back it's gonna be pretty cool. No one complained Bradford or Alonso were bad, just that they were injured or injury prone.

@JasonLaCanfora
Chip Kelly start-of-the-league-year 2015-press conference is giving Mike Shanahan-end-of-the-trainwreck-2014-season a real run for the money

You know things are bad when LaCanfora openly makes fun of you

gutshot

Throwing owner under the bus? Check.

Throwing opposing team's GM/coach under the bus? Check.

Throwing former GM and current VP under the bus? Check.

Revealing potential trade offers for a player currently on the roster? Check.

I'm starting to enjoy having a legit insane person as a head coach.

effzee

He's trying to set the record for most injuries in a season. First time ever the original 53 man roster ends up all on IR. Every trade and signing he's made has been for someone who's been injured

Shoe me a player who has never been injured.

Chip Kelly is awesome.

Hell yeah he is!*

*I'm holding out hope he will prove everyone wrong and where he could make the offense work with Vick the Foles and then Sanchez he can do equal if not better with Bradford. That plus the resources allocated to improve the D should help.

At least we save our draft largely and can now add help on defense in the first round. And add a rookie RB and another WR.

I'm really curious though...I still say only teams in the top 10 who could or would want to draft Mariota are Titans and Jets. If, again huge if, he doesn't get picked by them he will slide past the top 10. I have to believe at that point Chip would make a move.

But only in that scenario. Don't think Eagles have any intention on moving up into slot 2,3,4,5, or 6.

Yes friend, I expect you to post more next season, Superbowl or bust!

I'll do my best. It's tough keeping up with this thread!

I need to ask my commish if I can get Andrew in the first round of my keeper league. I picked him Rd 3 last year and we have a two round penalty, but I can't remember if that starts in Rd 3 or Rd 4. I am hoping I can pick him #10 this year. (Does this thread allow fantasy football talk? Or is that Fantasy-GAF only?)

Shoe me a player who has never been injured.

Hell yeah he is!*

*I'm holding out hope he will prove everyone wrong and where he could make the offense work with Vick the Foles and then Sanchez he can do equal if not better with Bradford. That plus the resources allocated to improve the D should help.

At least we save our draft largely and can now add help on defense in the first round. And add a rookie RB and another WR.

I'm really curious though...I still say only teams in the top 10 who could or would want to draft Mariota are Titans and Jets. If, again huge if, he doesn't get picked by them he will slide past the top 10. I have to believe at that point Chip would make a move.

But only in that scenario. Don't think Eagles have any intention on moving up into slot 2,3,4,5, or 6.

Bears maybe as well. Assume Cutler is finished after this year.

eznark

Banned
Maybe Chip thinks the Bucs are going with Mariota. Cutting his losses, will draft Hundley instead to sit for a year, give Bradford a chance.

Realistically Hundley needs about three years. He literally has no idea how to play quarterback. Since high school he has had no responsibility.

squicken

What's odd is Loomis is all but said Brees is available, but there's been little in the way of rumors of suitors. Wouldn't the Browns be dumb enough to offer both 1s for him?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What's odd is Loomis is all but said Brees is available, but there's been little in the way of rumors of suitors. Wouldn't the Browns be dumb enough to offer both 1s for him?

Given their track record of taking QBs since the start of their franchise that actually seems pretty reasonable.

I'm gonna go to the library now. when I come back tonight , I hope you will have toned down the disrespectfulness.

"Bills announce signing of FB Jerome Felton. Working on offer sheet for Charles Clay and hope to land Harvin on a 1yr deal" - @JasonLaCanfora

The Bills could actually be decent.

Spinluck

Is Chip fucking crazy? What the hell?

I'll do my best. It's tough keeping up with this thread!

I need to ask my commish if I can get Andrew in the first round of my keeper league. I picked him Rd 3 last year and we have a two round penalty, but I can't remember if that starts in Rd 3 or Rd 4. I am hoping I can pick him #10 this year. (Does this thread allow fantasy football talk? Or is that Fantasy-GAF only?)

There's a Fantasy Football thread, but we don't give a fuck and talk about in here. Hell, half the time we don't even talk about football!

effzee

The Rams are dumb, so this might actually be possible.

Well think of it this way. Even if they loved Winston or Mariota they probably would have to give up so much this year and next year that acquiring Foles while keeping their picks was a better outcome.

Spinluck

For all this freaking out, Philly will probably have a top 5 offense next year and Bradford will destroy all of Manning and Brady's single season records.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Top my list so the last few days have been amusing to say the least.;)

Not Dallas? Or is it 1A and 1B?

Dallas is probably my number one.

Dallas, New England, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Philly, Giants, Vikings, Lions, Bucs (Warren Sapp in particular), Ravens, Falcons, Saints....and on and on

So many teams to hate and so little time.

Not my fault your quarterback is a choker.

cdyhybrid

I would actually be a bit worried if this happened. Bills D is set to be good again, but the QB void remains

They got the second best QB in Pats history (behind Drew Bledsoe).

Not my fault your quarterback is a choker.

Nah, Russell is just too much of a team player. He fully trusts the coaching staff, even when they go full-retard with their playcalling.

#FireTheBevell2015

Top Bottom