• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

I forgot you guys also lost Browner. Goddamn, that completely skipped me. Yeah, Cro is going to Jets, and there isn't much else after him. I would say draft one which I think you guys will do anyway, but that's a long term solution not a short one.

The pats drafting a corner is no solution at all.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Oh, I like jokes! Here's one:

[ig]http://www.thekickisgood.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/190.jpg[/img]

Lol OUCH stop please

super-bowl-2015-tom-brady-2.jpg

Closure, I feel better now.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Soon your daughter will be old enough to join us, and her room will be filled with Jimmy posters.

WE'RE DOOMED

#TradeBradyToAContender

In all seriousness if the jets get Cro, that defense is STACKED and Fitzmagic is significantly better than Sanchez, and Marshall significantly better than Braylon Edwards.

Plus this bills team could give us a run. Dolphins D-line is crazy, sucks they've absolutely purged Tannehills weapons though.

It sounds like the Jaguars are finished this free agency period. I am happy with the signings this year. Unless there is a player that interests rhem, they plan on rolling over the remaining cap space over to next year.

Colasante

Patriots are probably going to have to trade for a veteran cornerback, rather than signing an available free agent or drafting one early. I'd like to see them target Brandon Boykin, Jason McCourty, Alterraun Verner, and Johnthan Banks.

In all seriousness if the jets get Cro, that defense is STACKED and Fitzmagic is significantly better than Sanchez, and Marshall significantly better than Braylon Edwards.

Plus this bills team could give us a run. Dolphins D-line is crazy, sucks they've absolutely purged Tannehills weapons though.
Huh? Landry and Wallace led the team in receptions and targets... Hartline was a liability on the field last season and Clay played at less than 100% almost all year. Gibson lost his job to Landry. Miller is still in the backfield as well.

And I thought us cowboys fans were silly for talking about winning 3 in 4 years in the 90s

That's only 20 years ago
I'm not the one who brought up the Dolphins SB trophies. Sorry history is a thing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I forgot you guys also lost Browner. Goddamn, that completely skipped me. Yeah, Cro is going to Jets, and there isn't much else after him. I would say draft one which I think you guys will do anyway, but that's a long term solution not a short one.

Figured I'd post this again, but here's a track record of Bill "the genius" at work putting together a secondary

- Ras-I-Dowling
- Terrence Wheatley
- Jonathan Wilhite
- Darius Butler
- Logan Ryan
- Tavon Wilson
- Brandon Merriweather
- Leigh Bodden
- Shawn Springs
- Sterling Moore
- Julian Edelman (lol)
- Patrick Chung

A couple that I've missed. Finally put it together this year and just so happens to be the year they win a bowl. McCourty panned out, but he was drafted as a CB and was an absolute disaster outside of some flashes in his rookie season. For some reason after years of wasted money and picks they've decided to let both pieces go. I know Browner works better with Revis, but if they could've picked up a middle of the road CB and beefed up the line they could've covered it up. There are still some passable options, but it'll take a lot of work. I.E.- Culliver/cox/lewis paired with Hardy/orakpo/sheard, maybe Wilfork.

They still have some work to do as well in regards to restructuring Mayo, decisions on Amendola, etc. That group of Rolle/Johnson/Wilfork would be a great start though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Huh? Landry and Wallace led the team in receptions and targets... Hartline was a liability on the field last season and Clay played at less than 100% almost all year. Gibson lost his job to Landry. Miller is still in the backfield as well.

I'm not the one who brought up the Dolphins SB trophies. Sorry history is a thing.

Hartline had a down year, but it was clear Tannehill loved him, and the last few days all I heard was how solid Clay was. From what I understood he was playing on a bum knee all year, he was familiar with the system though and Ryan will likely miss him. I'm not saying it's a disaster, that being said they haven't done much to help that side of the ball.

edit- also you're not the one who brought it up, instead people playfully ribbing got you all hot and bothered and you started crying about something that happened 30 years ago.

Spinluck

Patriots are probably going to have to trade for a veteran cornerback, rather than signing an available free agent or drafting one early. I'd like to see them target Brandon Boykin, Jason McCourty, Alterraun Verner, and Johnthan Banks.

You guys will trade for Joe Hayden.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

What's the situation on Keenan Lewis? I'd take JMC only because I'm sure he'd fit in right away with DMC. How did Verner grade out after all the hype last season? If they can land one of those guys there are still some decent 2nd names out there.

Spinluck

Figured I'd post this again, but here's a track record of Bill "the genius" at work putting together a secondary

- Ras-I-Dowling
- Terrence Wheatley
- Jonathan Wilhite
- Darius Butler
- Logan Ryan
- Tavon Wilson
- Brandon Merriweather
- Leigh Bodden
- Shawn Springs
- Sterling Moore
- Julian Edelman (lol)
- Patrick Chung

A couple that I've missed. Finally put it together this year and just so happens to be the year they win a bowl. McCourty panned out, but he was drafted as a CB and was an absolute disaster outside of some flashes in his rookie season. For some reason after years of wasted money and picks they've decided to let both pieces go. I know Browner works better with Revis, but if they could've picked up a middle of the road CB and beefed up the line they could've covered it up. There are still some passable options, but it'll take a lot of work. I.E.- Culliver/cox/lewis paired with Hardy/orakpo/sheard, maybe Wilfork.

They still have some work to do as well in regards to restructuring Mayo, decisions on Amendola, etc. That group of Rolle/Johnson/Wilfork would be a great start though.

:lol

the picking up Revis might be the best move he's made since starting Brady

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago

The #Dolphins gave CB Brice McCain a 2-year deal that can be worth $5.5M with $3M guaranteed. He made $815K last year

*sigh*

Let's go Cortez. Time to earn at least a portion of your paycheck.

No it's cool

I'd also rather my team have 2 trophies before I was born

Colasante

What's the situation on Keenan Lewis? I'd take JMC only because I'm sure he'd fit in right away with DMC. How did Verner grade out after all the hype last season? If they can land one of those guys there are still some decent 2nd names out there.

Keenan Lewis wants the rest of his deal fully guaranteed from the Saints or he wants to be traded or released. That obviously won't happen, so we'll see what the Saints do.

I think Verner had a pretty bad year from what I recall, but I don't blame him, he was in Tampa Bay. The Patriots will probably have to move to a more zone-based coverage scheme, which suits Verner's strengths. I'd like to give him a chance to rehabilitate himself.

Dutch, come to Baltimore and be a receiver

You'll get gummy bears and a chance to hang out with Brady and laugh at your teams twice a year

Sorry, I just signed a deal to become the center for the Seahawks. Schefter will announce my contract details soon. But who knows, I might get traded again.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Maybe the pats should go full 2011, bring in Jordan Cameron and maybe CJ Spiller and either Harvin and Dre. Play a bunch of practice squad guys in the secondary and hope that the explosive offense covers the flaws. Basically just pray that Gronk doesn't break again.

Hartline had a down year, but it was clear Tannehill loved him, and the last few days all I heard was how solid Clay was. From what I understood he was playing on a bum knee all year, he was familiar with the system though and Ryan will likely miss him. I'm not saying it's a disaster, that being said they haven't done much to help that side of the ball.

edit- also you're not the one who brought it up, instead people playfully ribbing got you all hot and bothered and you started crying about something that happened 30 years ago.
Yeah, very clear that Tannehill loved him considering he was 6th on the team in receptions last season in Lazor's new offense. He also had 2 whole TD's, not sure how they'll replace that productivity. He also set career lows in yards and average yards per catch. Did I mention he started in all 16 games? I appreciate what Hartline brought to the team in 12/13 but he was a complete liability and waste of a spot last season.

Ryan will miss Charles Clay if he leaves, sure. "Absolutely purged" Tannehill's weapons if he leaves, no doubt.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah, very clear that Tannehill loved him considering he was 6th on the team in receptions last season in Lazor's new offense. He also had 2 whole TD's, not sure how they'll replace that productivity. He also set career lows in yards and average yards per catch. Did I mention he started in all 16 games? I appreciate what Hartline brought to the team in 12/13 but he was a complete liability and waste of a spot last season.

Ryan will miss Charles Clay if he leaves, sure. "Absolutely purged" Tannehill's weapons if he leaves, no doubt.

Yeah letting go of 2 of his top targets of the last few years, 2 of which had down years due to injuries, especially when the arsenal was pretty thin as it was. You were pretty upset about the handling of that throughout the thread, but as long as that doesn't fit your argument, you'll let that go.

knicks

So the Eagles got rid of Lesean McCoy, and are now going after Demarco Murray? How does that make sense at all? I thought they traded McCoy because of cap reasons...Murray surley won't come cheap, and to be hoenst I don't think is as good as McCoy.

Top Bottom