• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Yeah letting go of 2 of his top targets of the last few years, 2 of which had down years due to injuries, especially when the arsenal was pretty thin as it was. You were pretty upset about the handling of that throughout the thread, but as long as that doesn't fit your argument, you'll let that go.
Let me list some easy to digest facts for you since you apparently struggle with picking out information from sentences with commas.

1. New offense last year under Lazor so the Sherman years are minimally relevant at best
2. Jarvis Landry was drafted last season and quickly became one of Tannehill's favorite targets
3. Mike Wallace is still on the team
4. Brian Hartline sucked last season and is no longer worthy of a roster spot
5. Dion Sims has been developing chemistry with Tannehill at TE
6. The draft hasn't happened yet

Losing Clay is the only thing that will sting a little.

"Absolutely purged"

But Gata, everyone knows that the winner of the 2019 Super Bowl is determined in the first two days of 2015 free agency. We're doomed.

As long as you are calm, I am somewhat calm. The moment you lose your shit is the moment I'll run around the streets naked and confused.

Can't wait for him to pull a Harvin and end up getting traded for a 6th!!

I'll try to keep our locker room together friend.

There's only one Jimmy on our team, friend!

I bet my Jimmy his mom actually loved him though.

So the Eagles got rid of Lesean McCoy, and are now going after Demarco Murray? How does that make sense at all? I thought they traded McCoy because of cap reasons...Murray surley won't come cheap, and to be hoenst I don't think is as good as McCoy.

ryan matthews is as good if not better and will be cheaper too

gutshot

So the Eagles got rid of Lesean McCoy, and are now going after Demarco Murray? How does that make sense at all? I thought they traded McCoy because of cap reasons...Murray surley won't come cheap, and to be hoenst I don't think is as good as McCoy.

It's possible that the Eagles' leaked "interest" in DeMarco Murray is his agent trying to up his value on the market. Or the Eagles themselves are trying to force the Cowboys to spend more money on him than necessary.

Or Chip Kelly has no idea what he is doing and is just throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks.

Tom Nook

Preview of Eagles fan in 2015 season.
sad-fans-2.jpg

Mathews is better than Shady mccoy? lmfao

Murray,not shady

My bad

It's possible that the Eagles' leaked "interest" in DeMarco Murray is his agent trying to up his value on the market. Or the Eagles themselves are trying to force the Cowboys to spend more money on him than necessary.

Or Chip Kelly has no idea what he is doing and is just throwing shit against a wall to see what sticks.

both are possible

his agent is on the phone with the media telling everyone about all these offers he has instead of being on the phone with the fuckin teams

Local chatter is he'll be back in dallas

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Let me list some easy to digest facts for you since you apparently struggle with picking out information from sentences with commas.

1. New offense last year under Lazor so the Sherman years are minimally relevant at best
2. Jarvis Landry was drafted last season and quickly became one of Tannehill's favorite targets
3. Mike Wallace is still on the team
4. Brian Hartline sucked last season and is no longer worthy of a roster spot
5. Dion Sims has been developing chemistry with Tannehill at TE
6. The draft hasn't happened yet

Losing Clay is the only thing that will sting a little.

"Absolutely purged"

None of what you listed is really that good for an offense. They let two of his targets go, Yeah Lazor may have played a part, but I haven't personally followed that team enough to know. What I do know is that Hartline and clay were both in the top 4 in targets, and both of them were struggling with injuries from what I understood. I've already said I worded Absolutely purged wrong, however dropping 2 of your top 4 in targets is a sharp drop. Sure others will step up, but instead of giving their young guy weapons they are taking some away.

I think the dolphins will be better this year, however they haven't taken the steps forward that the bills/jets have IMO. Relax man, you are such an angry person.

ampere

Pats are always close to being a SB contender every year, barring injuries. Personnel moves are generally solid enough and Bill gets the roster in a pretty solid place. Healthy key players are obviously super important, imagine if Gronk was hurt this postseason? Def wouldn't have won.

Winning the AFC and the SB this year isn't impossible because of free agency losses. It's hard, but it's hard every year.

Colasante

None of what you listed is really that good for an offense. They let two of his targets go, Yeah Lazor may have played a part, but I haven't personally followed that team enough to know. What I do know is that Hartline and clay were both in the top 4 in targets, and both of them were struggling with injuries from what I understood. I've already said I worded Absolutely purged wrong, however dropping 2 of your top 4 in targets is a sharp drop. Sure others will step up, but instead of giving their young guy weapons they are taking some away.

I think the dolphins will be better this year, however they haven't taken the steps forward that the bills/jets have IMO. Relax man, you are such an angry person.

The Darkest Red is making complete sense. The Dolphins are two days into free agency. There are still several free agent wide receivers available and the draft is deep at the position. There is a long way to go before 53 man rosters are assembled. There's no need to definitively judge a roster on a day-by-day basis when it's completely irrelevant until the games are actually being played in September.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats are always close to being a SB contender every year, barring injuries. Personnel moves are generally solid enough and Bill gets the roster in a pretty solid place. Healthy key players are obviously super important, imagine if Gronk was hurt this postseason? Def wouldn't have won.

Winning the AFC and the SB this year isn't impossible because of free agency losses. It's hard, but it's hard every year.

Obviously plays a big factor somehow with one of the more fragile teams in the league the pats held mostly together. Wilforks Achilles held up, Gronk avoided injury, Edelman, vereen, and even Amendola. It all came together like a perfect storm this year.

Bread

Banned
So now that the Pats are done, what teams are you guys moving to? The Seahawks are supposedly pretty good, but they lost last year so they have to be worse than the Pats. My Chargers are a few years away from contending so I'll keep them at my #2 spot for now. Dolphins are good, maybe I'll sign with them.

Spinluck

Yeah, FA is usually a time of overreactions.

Sharp drop? We haven't even replaced hartline yet, wait until after the draft to see if losing hartline is a good or bad thing (its a good thing, he was done since October) losing clay might be the only big loss but if we sign Cameron it's actually a plus for our team so I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. We need another WR regardless of whether hartline was still on the team. And our biggest weakness by far was on defense not offense.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The Darkest Red is making complete sense. The Dolphins are two days into free agency. There are still several free agent wide receivers available and the draft is deep at the position. There is a long way to go before 53 man rosters are assembled. There's no need to definitively judge a roster on a day-by-day basis when it's completely irrelevant until the games are actually being played in September.

I know you don't like me, but I'll say this- Yes it's 2 days, they got rid of 2 of Tannehils favorite weapons period. My opinion I'm allowed to that. Their D-line is better, Tannehill may improve, but he doesn't have much put around him yet and with Wallace/Suh it will be harder to do that.

Sorry I used the wrong phrasing I already said I did lol, but I stand by my opinion is their stable got lighter. This is the internet fellas opinions and all that stuff.

JaMarco

So now that the Pats are done, what teams are you guys moving to? The Seahawks are supposedly pretty good, but they lost last year so they have to be worse than the Pats. My Chargers are a few years away from contending so I'll keep them at my #2 spot for now. Dolphins are good, maybe I'll sign with them.
I'll probably jump ship to Seattle. I like Sherman.

Colasante

Here's my #2.

1411953741000-USP-NFL-Atlanta-Falcons-at-Minnesota-Vikings-005.jpg

rando14

Dick Sherman and a fifth for Butler.

Hm... I will need to consult with my people

I'm not counting games against QB's that suck in the playoffs.

But you counted the Hawks game...

Scot Mcloughan about to take the Red___'s to the top of the NFC East!!

Farooq

Banned

The Cowboys have been extremely disciplined so far. They have a price for Murray (as explained by Stephen Jones), I doubt they go over the price they bracketed for him.

I'm following Revis to the Jets. I shall be taking over for that idiot who used to wear the fireman helmet.

I knew you liked us! Welcome friend!

Grats Chris.

<3

:( I just lost my appetite mid lunch

Oakland is so nice this time of year!

I can move to LA and go watch my Raiders ever game!

Trust me, I want Tannehill to be surrounded with weapons. I am not saying the Dolphins have an amazing WR/TE group. I was simply responding to your original comment which I now see that you claim to have worded poorly.

From my perspective Landry, Clay, and to some extent Wallace are the only starting weapons worth retaining. Hartline didn't just struggle with injuries, he is simply past his prime and he isn't good enough to succeed as a #2 WR in that state. Any semi-competent WR taking that spot is a wash at worst.

The Dolphins have the right idea, though. Letting Hartline and Gibson go is smart, now they just need to draft a solid weapon or two to continue building around Tannehill. In the meantime he still has his top 2 targets including a rookie who will continue to develop into one of the best slot WR's in the NFL. In addition he still has Miller in the backfield who is a receiving threat in his own right.

The bottom line is Clay is the only real loss, assuming he leaves, and they had to play with him injured most of last season anyway.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Wonder if Bill would be interested again

Sharp drop? We haven't even replaced hartline yet, wait until after the draft to see if losing hartline is a good or bad thing (its a good thing, he was done since October) losing clay might be the only big loss but if we sign Cameron it's actually a plus for our team so I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. We need another WR regardless of whether hartline was still on the team. And our biggest weakness by far was on defense not offense.

I'm talking about sharp drop in terms of targets- 50% is sharp. If you sign cameron absolutely will make up for it. I'm talking subjectively from where they stand. I don't know MIA cap situation, I just was under the assumption Suh is going to basically take the bulk of that.

Top Bottom