• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Colasante

I know you don't like me, but I'll say this- Yes it's 2 days, they got rid of 2 of Tannehils favorite weapons period. My opinion I'm allowed to that. Their D-line is better, Tannehill may improve, but he doesn't have much put around him yet and with Wallace/Suh it will be harder to do that.

Sorry I used the wrong phrasing I already said I did lol, but I stand by my opinion is their stable got lighter. This is the internet fellas opinions and all that stuff.

The point is that the Dolphins don't have a game to play on Sunday. In fact, they don't have a meaningful game to play for SIX MONTHS. The roster as it is constructed two days into free agency is irrelevant. There will be a first, second, and third tier of free agency, a draft, UDFA signings, roster cutdowns, trades, and veteran signings after week 2. There's simply no need to definitively judge a roster in March when the team won't play until September. It's overly reactionary and idiotic.

cdyhybrid

I would like for the seafrauds to get Michael Johnson

Me too

E3U5BET.jpg

Colasante

I'd love to see the Patriots repeat what the Seahawks did with Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett two years ago by signing Jabaal Sheard to a multi-year deal and signing Michael Johnson to a one year deal to rehabilitate his market. The only way to supplement a weak secondary is by acquiring all the pass rush.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The point is that the Dolphins don't have a game to play on Sunday. In fact, they don't have a meaningful game to play for SIX MONTHS. The roster as it is constructed two days into free agency is irrelevant. There will be a first, second, and third tier of free agency, a draft, UDFA signings, roster cutdowns, trades, and veteran signings after week 2. There's simply no need to definitively judge a roster in March when the team won't play until September. It's overly reactionary and idiotic.

I'm talking about up until this point god damn man lol. I'm allowed to voice my opinions take that for what you will. Sure they could hit on the draft, they could sign somebody else. As of right now power rankings into the season I'm more scared of the bills/jets. Fitzmagic is lousy, but he's a massive leap over Geno and probably even sanchez. They just got the best CB in the league, will be getting Milliner back, and potentially are landing Cro, which will be a very stacked secondary behind that already stacked D-line.

B-marsh is probably getting over the hill at this point, but he's better than anybody they've really had in years and Decker, while overrated a bit, is again better than Stephen Hill, Kerley, etc.

Bills picked up Rex who regardless of offense has put together some damn good defenses. They have Watkins on the up and up, McCoy which I'm decidedly up and down on, and honestly Cassel stinks, but if he's put in the right role might be able to be a decent game manager.

To this point that's how I feel. People could be traded, People could explode out of the draft, people could get injured on day 1 as we know all too well. I'm not sold on anything with the pats yet, however I do know there is a 0% chance their secondary is better than last year. Changing players/systems is always a risk. We'll see the pats strategy going forward, but impact players on the market are quickly flying off the board, still hoping we can get some Defensive weapons ala Orakpo/hardy/sheard and some PASSABLE pieces for the secondary, right now they don't have that for the corners.

Spinluck

Someday when the apocalypse hits (presumably next year), and the world is barren of food and I have a wealthy amount. We'll see who cracks the jokes, I will watch you all starve.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So there is a lot of cocaine involved? Sweet

He also doesn't know when to stop and he makes horrible choices.

Plus there are no known survivors of his dinner parties.

Someday when the apocalypse hits (presumably next year), and the world is barren of food and I have a wealthy amount. We'll see who cracks the jokes, I will watch you all starve.

It'll be like trying to drink saltwater to quench your thirst.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Spoiler:
The Patriots will win the AFC East next season.

They certainly could. Brady is still back there and that's always gonna have the pats competitive. Right now their D-line, which was already weak against the run, has lost one of it's key pieces in Vince, we'll see where easley fits in and who else is brought in. I think the offense will be mostly fine, although Brady will need his Kevin Faulk type player out of the back field, probably why Bill has that boner for Harvin, given he can play anywhere on the field including Kickoff returns... presumably Edelman will still take the punt return role.

I love Hightower and Collins... mayo is coming back, but we'll see, he was already struggling a bit this past season, and he's coming off a pretty catastrophic knee injury. Patrick chung played well, but he's had injury issues in the past, and consistency problems. DMC is a sure thing at his spot, but a grouping of Ryan/Dennard/Arrington/butler? Is a scary thought, so I'm hoping they can still land one of the mid-level corners out there.

Speaking of that, what happened to Joseph getting cut?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I hope the talk of Marshawn Lynch hangin em up this offseason is false. A couple more solid season he can move up that all-time list.

LevelNth

Banned
I hope the talk of Marshawn Lynch hangin em up this offseason is false. A couple more solid season he can move up that all-time list.
If Pete and Schneider didn't want Wussle to be their poster boy so bad, Lynch's HoF stock would already be a lock today.

Spinluck

Andre is still in Indy yet he hasn't signed. Wonder if he's holding out for more $$$. In that case, let him walk, I don't think he's worth elite WR money based off his recent years of production. He'd be a damn fine fit here though.

Top Bottom