• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

cdyhybrid

Dave Richard ‏@daverichard 7m7 minutes ago
Colts play 10 games indoors, non-div matchups are vs NE, NYJ, KC, NO, TB & at BUF, MIA, CIN, ATL, CAR. Really good sked for them.

_woLf

7 mil a year for dre woulda been too much for seattle so whatever man WE DIDNT WANT YOU ANYWAY

can we buy an offensive line now

jmdajr

sadH_zps66a90d4b.gif

Man I am super excited to see Malcolm Jenkins and Walter Thurmond have Zoolander style duels over fashion. Probably the only good thing to come of this offseason.

Malcolm Jenkins easily wins

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Dave Richard ‏@daverichard 7m7 minutes ago
Colts play 10 games indoors, non-div matchups are vs NE, NYJ, KC, NO, TB & at BUF, MIA, CIN, ATL, CAR. Really good sked for them.

As if the NFL needs to make it even easier for the Golden Boy QB.

Keep sleeping on Stafford. The stats and film don't lie. #BestQBUnder30

Syrinx

They're playing the same NFC Division and AFC Division the Lions played last year, who also play their home games indoors.

Patrick Klepek
‏@patrickklepek
@JamesLeffler Looking at the QB situation facing other teams, Jay Cutler ain’t the worst option.

....What other teams?

Jets have a choice between Geno and Fitzzy. Browns have a choice between Manziel and McCown. Texans have Hoyer and Mallett. Titans and Bucs basically have to get one of Winston/Mariota each. Eagles clusterfuck.

Considering none of those teams made the playoffs 3 months ago, and just looking at the names, yeah, Cutler doesn't seem like the worst.

Spinluck

Nice pick up for the Lucks

Real talk though, how f'ing old can the Colts get lol

Signing these olds to cap friendly deals is fine with me. 2-3 year contracts... now you make room for Luck , Hilton , Castonzo and a TE next year. Sign em long term with the 1st year being light on the cap hits. Year two of the new deals (2017), release some of the olds on the roster. Drug Mathis will be 35.. and he is gonna give us some room when he's gone. Stack up the cash for the guys mentioned above and BOOM. From there on you keep your good QB, and draft smart and keep building from there.

cdyhybrid

Same reason the Packers made the playoffs so yes.

Packers were the 2 seed though, they would have made it anyway!

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 6m6 minutes ago
New #AZCardinals G Mike Iupati said it's his understanding he'll remain on the left side of offensive line.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers were the 2 seed though, they would have made it anyway!

Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 6m6 minutes ago
New #AZCardinals G Mike Iupati said it's his understanding he'll remain on the left side of offensive line.

Right, we were the number 2 seed because of that same easy schedule.

Then again most teams were pretty bad last season.

Spinluck

You're right about that. I watched Stafford on FILM, lose STAT when it mattered with talented offenses, and a talented defenses!

MechDX

Ok he is now the enemy. I'm not happy for him nor am I going to wish him luck in anything he does. Once again: I hope he goes over the middle against us and gets to meet Swearinger as an opponent

Bring on the expected: you salty , wasted career, you mad posts

gutshot

Chris Mortensen @mortreport
DeMarco Murray renewed Eagles' interest w personal call to Chip Kelly; not just spread offense ran at Oklahoma; Sam Bradford's roommate, too

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Ok he is now the enemy. I'm not happy for him not am I going to wish him luck in anything he does. Once again: I hope he goes over the middle against us and gets to meet Swearinger as an opponent

lol I don't hate him that much. Disappointed he went there when he probably had better options available. He will always be a Texan and will probably still retire as one.

Narag

Ok he is now the enemy. I'm not happy for him nor am I going to wish him luck in anything he does. Once again: I hope he goes over the middle against us and gets to meet Swearinger as an opponent

I hate that Dre finally gave you a reason to hate the Colts.

Spinluck

I hope he goes over the minute and scores a TD on the Texans, and then the Texans crowd gives him a standing ovation. Then he goes to their sideline and thanks all the fans and his former team for all the great years in HOU!

MechDX

I hope he goes over the minute and scores a TD on the Texans, and then the Texans crowd gives him a standing ovation. Then he goes to their sideline and thank all the fans and his team for all the great years in HOU!

And those people would be wrong. He is the enemy. This was a classless move on his part and he should be shown zero respect here.

_woLf

little did everyone know that bradford was only acquired to lure demarco murray

and then they both get traded for mariota

Spinluck

And those people would be wrong. He is the enemy. This was a classless move on his part and he should be shown zero respect here.

:(

EDIT: Hold on though, what problems were him and HOU having?

For the record I agree with what you said about him "wasting his career" being nonsense. He could've definitely went elsewhere earlier than this if he wanted to.

Who would you root for in a Colts vs Cowboy SB now?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm disappointed by Mech's reaction. I was hoping for a meltdown :(

Then again AJ is nowhere near the prime of his career and a similar player would have been pushed out the door long ago in Green Bay.

MechDX

:(

EDIT: Hold on though, what problems were him and HOU having?

For the record I agree with what you said about him "wasting his career" being nonsense. He could've definitely went elsewhere earlier than this if he wanted to.

Who would you root for in a Colts vs Cowboy SB now?

Cowboys.

Honest question - could the Texans have gave him the amount of money he got from Indy? Not sure what your cap is like.

Texans have TONS of room. As of this morning still have 20 million plus

They didn't even try.

Luck is gonna make him look 10 years younger.

"Not try" is not the same as he walked out before it could be discussed. All the info we have came from Dre's camp and him walking out was HIS side. Texans have not said or leaked one word.

O'Brien told him his play would be reduced. Andre laughed and said trade or release him.<----according to Johnson. His play was being reduced because he was not the clear #1 last year. Andre was not getting the double teams, Deandre Hopkins was. Watch the film

Spinluck

I'm disappointed by Mech's reaction. I was hoping for a meltdown :(

Then again AJ is nowhere near the prime of his career and a similar player would have been pushed out the door long ago in Green Bay.

He doesn't need to be in his prime though. I think we need a veteran guy since we're really young at WR (TY, Moncrief, Carter?).

He's the same age as Reggie was when Luck came along, and TY wasn't TY yet. Reggie carried Luck that first season. Shame Nicks who is still young couldn't be what he was earlier in his career with the Giants. I think we still draft a WR, but am hoping we shift the focus on defense as of now.

"The #Chargers offered Andre Johnson more money than he got with the #Colts." - @RapSheet

Someone seriously offered him more than $7 million a year?

MechDX

Brooks Reed &#8207;@Brooksreed58 · 1m1 minute ago
Houston, I will never forget the hospitality, support & relationships formed over the past 4 years from this wonderful city. I will miss you

B_2ETUrU0AA50iT.jpg:large

Average player but classy. Ill miss the hair.

Top Bottom