• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Farooq

Banned
I am a bit indifferent to losing Murray. First dude should put himself and his family first and get paid as much as he can. Second, he had a tremendous workload last year, not sure how RBs really bounce back from that many carries. Third, the offense goes through the offensive line, I am confident in Ryan Williams and if he doesn't pan out, hopefully Dallas is smart enough to target a prospect in the draft (big fan of Ajayi).

Personally, I would rather just part ways with Murray. Dude was amazing for carrying the ball the amount that he did, but Dallas would be paying for future production, and I think you can better value with Ryan Williams + draft pick.

Btw, I don't think Dallas trusts Joseph Randle anymore, don't really have the slightest idea what might happen with him next year.

RBH

Indeed Derrick Morgan left Atlanta without a contract, according to his agent. Supposed to have 6 p.m flight to Tampa.
https://twitter.com/vxmcclure23/status/575758843319209984

yioV1.gif

cdyhybrid

Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 4m4 minutes ago
Must list on injury report only if missed practice MT @Cardschatter Iupati said he played through broken foot last year, impacted pass pro

How the fuck do you play through a broken foot?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rumor floating Saints would trade Brees and their two #1 picks to the Bucs for first overall

Interesting. I know they want winston, but at what point do you take the deal? drop to 13th, but you still have a good pick and a second later in the draft. 1 more pick maybe?

jakncoke

Banned
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 4m4 minutes ago
Must list on injury report only if missed practice MT @Cardschatter Iupati said he played through broken foot last year, impacted pass pro

How the fuck do you play through a broken foot?

ever lasting pain killers and injection breh duh

cdyhybrid

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s36 seconds ago
With some newfound cap space, I’m told the #Saints are now in the mix for former #Bills RB CJ Spiller. Meanwhile, the #Cowboys lurk as well

RBH

I don't expect New Orleans to trade Drew Brees until 2016 because of this:

While there was speculation that the Saints could move on from Drew Brees, it’s just not possible; they would owe $7 million more on their cap by trading him, and even if they cut him as a post–June 1 release, they would save only $250,000. In 2016, though, the Saints could save $20 million by cutting or trading Brees before his base salary becomes guaranteed. It seems likely they’ll either give Brees an extension to create cap space or move on from their longtime star after this season.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-nfl-trade-wheel-making-sense-of-who-went-where/

Spinluck

He's tough as Hell. He tried to play through a torn bicep. He's better as a LG, and he hasn't had a chance to play that position since Evan Mathis came to town and dominated.

Yes. Extremely versatile. Was great under Reid and Chip. Plays Guard as natural position but filled in as LT and RT rather well whenever needed due to injuries. Athletic too. Chip's blocking scheme and play calling required a lot of pulls and downfield blocking.

Has been breaking down unfortunately so he might not be in the league for long. But for here and now great pick up.

Thanks for the insight, I'm happy with the signing.

I am a bit indifferent to losing Murray. First dude should put himself and his family first and get paid as much as he can. Second, he had a tremendous workload last year, not sure how RBs really bounce back from that many carries. Third, the offense goes through the offensive line, I am confident in Ryan Williams and if he doesn't pan out, hopefully Dallas is smart enough to target a prospect in the draft (big fan of Ajayi).

Personally, I would rather just part ways with Murray. Dude was amazing for carrying the ball the amount that he did, but Dallas would be paying for future production, and I think you can better value with Ryan Williams + draft pick.

Btw, I don't think Dallas trusts Joseph Randle anymore, don't really have the slightest idea what might happen with him next year.

was this typed up yesterday

williams is gone

also I feel the same. Most of his production was because of the beast line, watch him once he made it to the second level and he was either running into his own blockers and taking himself down, or losing 1 on 1 in the open. Ran hard as shit but didn't have anything past that.

Glad to have had him but if he leaves the franchise isn't in ruins.

I dont trust randle either. I dont think we've even seen enough of dunbar to tell what his deal is, either. Murray was a 3rd rounder so as far as the resources go he's not a big hit there, either.

Would be one if it weren't for the dumbass refs.

i know! cant believe the god damn refs called and then shanked a punt on 4th and 1 in opposing territory

jakncoke

Banned
of course someone named lionel fucking richie would link a banned site.

what a dumbass.

that motherfucker rehosted. dammit joke ruined

Farooq

Banned
was this typed up yesterday

williams is gone

also I feel the same. Most of his production was because of the beast line, watch him once he made it to the second level and he was either running into his own blockers and taking himself down, or losing 1 on 1 in the open. Ran hard as shit but didn't have anything past that.

Glad to have had him but if he leaves the franchise isn't in ruins.

I dont trust randle either. I dont think we've even seen enough of dunbar to tell what his deal is, either. Murray was a 3rd rounder so as far as the resources go he's not a big hit there, either.

i know! cant believe the god damn refs called and then shanked a punt on 4th and 1 in opposing territory

What? Going to need a source. Williams signed a deal in Jan. Dallas kept him on the PS all year last season too.

Ryan Williams' two-year contract with the Cowboys includes a $240K signing bonus and an average salary of $750K for 2015 and 2016.

Dude was a contingency plan in case Murray doesn't re-sign. Fun fact, the Cowboys had a higher grade on Williams than Murray.

MechDX

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 · 4m4 minutes ago
Brian Hoyer says he's already heard from Tom Brady: "He's real excited for me &he was quick to let me know that we play them here this year"

That's my
QB man!

James Starks ‏@JamesStarksKPRC · 16m16 minutes ago
"It's great to be wanted by someone." - Hoyer

He just wanted to be loved BG! Why didn't you love him?!?!

Ryan Williams was a beast of a RB at VT. Loved that dude. Sadly injuries wrecked his career as seems to be the trend with VT RB's. :(

He was such a violent runner too, so strong between the tackles.

What? Going to need a source. Williams signed a deal in Jan. Dallas kept him on the PS all year last season too.

Dude was a contingency plan in case Murray doesn't re-sign. Fun fact, the Cowboys had a higher grade on Williams than Murray.

god dammit I am dumb as shit

all this time I was talking about ryan matthews

fuck ryan matthews hes awful

ryan williams is a champ

I'm less worried about signing murray, tho the longer it takes the better that is for the cowboys right?

Crisco

Banned
Wait, Andre Johnson is 33? I thought he was still in his late 20s or something. Dude's lower body could start breaking down at any time.

Spinluck

Andre isn't young, but Reggie was past his prime when Luck got here so...

Not to mention Dre was still putting up numbers in a pretty unstable QB situation. No doubt that this can completely backfire, but idk, we're young in all the right places lol. Got the draft coming up, we will patch up some more there.

Top Bottom