• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

JABEE

Et tu, Brute?

Naw, I am just kidding. Good for Murray, I read the Cowboys were really low-balling him.
Hopefully the Eagles do the same. I think the Eagles are just looking for ways to spend all the money they freed up.

Murray, Matthews, Sproles, Polk.

Weird set up.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
He also mentioned on NFL Network a little while ago that the Jets are in talks with Marcus Gilchrist.

Thoughts, Jets fans?

Seems like he would be a good fit next to Pryor. Let Landry walk, still getting better. The Revis Ripple Effect will be strong here.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
tempDET_3939--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

crying-man.gif

Defend the Den.

Restore the Roar.

Milchjon

They aren't looking so bad at corner. Zone is going to be great against these guys.

Watkins twice
Marshall twice
Dez
Beckham
AJ Green
TY Hilton
Demarius Thomas
Anontio Brown

pukes

Suh is so humble. :')

pukes

France is the worst country in the world.

Paris is the worst city in the world.

True, but why?

oh, soccer. Wish Schalke had done it yesterday. How amazing that would've been.

Man, Detroit media is pissed that the front office ran out of the Ngata introduction presser without taking questions. Honestly what did they expect? Today should be Ngata's day, not a day dominated by Suh questions. I don't mean to defend our front office in general - I think they botched the Suh negotiations, although I also believe Suh wouldn't re-sign regardless of what they offered. But I understand why they didn't discuss that today.

Jarnet87

Daquan Bowers is terrible. Sucks as an end, sucks as a tackle. I remember when we got Clayborn and Bowers late after his fall. People though the pass rush was back in Tampa. lol we ain't ever fixing that shit. We should have tried to get Ngata, we should of tried to get Suh, should have tried to get Wilfork. Its Gerald McCoy getting triple teamed while the 3 other guys couldn't get around a blocking dummy. We were at our best when Sapp could go after the QB and big old Booger was there to clog the middle.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions GM Martin Mayhew: When you lose a guy like Ndamukong Suh, it's good to add a guy as talented as Ngata to alleviate problem at DT.

Shots fired.

Lions DC Teryl Austin: "I’m pleased, super pleased we were able to bring him in the fold."

Jim Caldwell touting Haloti Ngata as a big run-stopper, also good locker room/community guy

Ngata says he's "comfortable" coming in here because of connections to Jim Caldwell, Teryl Austin

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/3/11/8193883/haloti-ngata-lions-press-conference

More at the link. Defense won't miss a beat. With Coach Austin defensive brilliant mind I can't wait to see what hybrid 3-4, 4-3 packages against Rodgers.

Just do it PD, it wouldn't hurt for once.

Mayhew, Lewand, Xanders had the perfect Plan B.

"5 Time Pro Bowler, Haloti Ngata"

I like the move, short term wise. My problem is that the Lions have had a short term "win now" approach to management for the last 3-4 years and it hasn't worked. We're mortgaging our future for another 1-2 year attempt at doing something. After that two year window it'll be time to rebuild.

Bottom line: the offense has to step up this year. I expect the defense to fall off, but not by a large amount. Still if our defense was 5-7 places worse last year we would not have won 10 games. The offense has to score, Stafford has to perform, the o-line has to protect.

The next splashy "win now" move for the Lions would be to pick up a vet OLer and then take Gurly or Gordon in the first round. I'm fine with signing a vet OLer obviously, but taking a RB in the first round would be a disaster. We need to fix the OL. And we still haven't addressed the secondary...

It would be hilarious if Chip is doing all this crazy shit on purpose because he's already got a sick college job lined up and he's gonna announce he's leaving in a week.

Are you happy with the Suh signing Red?

Also, how is Helldivers, should I throw my hard earned money at it?
I don't think it was a smart move but I'm going to try to make the most of it. At least he's an awesome player which is pretty much unarguable. I'm just worried about the cap situation going forward, these mega deals in FA never seem to work out well.

Helldivers is super fun! I've been playing it with a couple of friends and it's a blast. I don't think it would be nearly as fun solo but it's pretty tactical and hilarious playing with friends. My only complaint is the matchmaking which has been really hit or miss for us. We had to give up a few nights because we couldn't join each other.

jakncoke

Banned
Im always super curious, does kas realize he a fucking retard. Or is it one those moments hey lets employ him to count things in single digits for min wage because he fucking stupid. /thinkingaloud

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Man, Detroit media is pissed that the front office ran out of the Ngata introduction presser without taking questions. Honestly what did they expect? Today should be Ngata's day, not a day dominated by Suh questions. I don't mean to defend our front office in general - I think they botched the Suh negotiations, although I also believe Suh wouldn't re-sign regardless of what they offered. But I understand why they didn't discuss that today.

Agree 100%. They would have gotten lambasted either way. They do deserve a ton of crap for botching it, though.

Look at that poor man's Suh.

Suh is a once in a generation talent. He is irreplaceable, you have to do whatever it takes to keep him on your team.

They had no money. Suh, Calvin, and Stafford were all top 3 picks before the contracts were changed in the new CBA. All of them had ridiculous deals. Plus, Mayhew gave Stafford/Calvin huge extensions. Suh was odd man out, sadly.

Mayhew gambled by not giving Suh what he wanted last year. He lost. He also gambled by not picking up Fairley's $5.5 million option for this year. He lost again.

I just don't buy Bradford as an accurate passer. I haven't seen. Sure his completion percentage was high in college, but it was mostly screens, quick passes and check downs.

We have yet to see, but it looks like this may be shaping up to be Grigson's best FA. Whether or not we are banged up halfway through the season, no fan can say he didn't try to make us winners. He's met some needs so far, but I hope we can hit it out of the park with the draft. I think we are going defense heavy.
Only positions I would consider that would not be defense those draft are RB and RT. Everything else should be D, D, and more D.

Top Bottom