• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
For PD from the comments section in the Pride of Detroit link on the Ngata signing and what number he'll have:

But apparently Devin Taylor is not set on keeping 92, so he might fork it over to Ngata and switch to 90, 98, or 99. He can’t have 96. That number belongs to Fluellen and should be retired. Even when you get rid of him, he’s back. You do not cut Fluellen. Fluellen cuts you.

:jncccc

Hey Spindasher, how bad is Shipley? Apparently we signed him for two years but don't know the numbers. How's his run blocking? Sendlein was trash at it and we badly need an upgrade but I'm sure Shipley is more backup/depth quality and hopefully we'll properly address it in the draft. I was wanting Wis but after Iupati, probably didn't want to spend much more on the line in FA.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck you BG and Kave. We stole your player.

I need this.

my_trap_card.jpg

Hey Spindasher, how bad is Shipley? Apparently we signed him for two years but don't know the numbers. How's his run blocking? Sendlein was trash at it and we badly need an upgrade but I'm sure Shipley is more backup/depth quality and hopefully we'll properly address it in the draft. I was wanting Wis but after Iupati, probably didn't want to spend much more on the line in FA.
He's serviceable. He was the Colts center for the first four games of the year, when most people thought the O line looked the best. He's not going to wow you but he should do okay. He's easy to plug in and go. Not that great at G but good depth at C.

Spin might be able to give you better info on the run blocking. He was the center during the Eagles game, when the Colts ran the ball really well as I remember.

WedgeX

Banned
For PD from the comments section in the Pride of Detroit link on the Ngata signing and what number he'll have:

:jncccc

Fluellen really should get some recognition for how damn persistent he is in making the Lions, every year, regardless of team situation. The man is a damn saint for putting up with the lions roster shit year in and year out.

"Chimdi Chekwa was not tendered an offer by Raiders as a restricted free agent this year, making him an unrestricted free agent. NE acts fast" - @MikeReiss

This reflects well on him.

LevelNth

Banned
So Baalke is once again a contract wiz, Torrey Smith's 22m guaranteed is actually only 8m, his signing bonus. The remaining is for injury only and only kicks to full on April 1 of each year, just like Kap.

So it's basically a year to year that can easily be cut each season if needed. Only 3.6m cap hit this season too.

He's serviceable. He was the Colts center for the first four games of the year, when most people thought the O line looked the best. He's not going to wow you but he should do okay. He's easy to plug in and go. Not that great at G but good depth at C.

Spin might be able to give you better info on the run blocking. He was the center during the Eagles game, when the Colts ran the ball really well as I remember.

Thanks for the synopsis, we'd be looking at him to play Center. I'm curious if he's flat out better than Sendlein. We're cutting Send soon as his cap is too high and he's pretty washed up. I imagine Ship will battle with Larsen but I'm hoping they ultimately are just depth and we find something better even if from the draft.

No Troy means instant improvement though! Plus Shazier should be better right? Not sure who fills in for Worilds.
We were going to lose Worilds regardless. Just never thought it would be to retirement.

Troy is addition by subtraction. Only thing i really care about this offseason is if he retires or the Steelers are forced to cut him.

Top Bottom