• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Colasante

Just saw that the Patriots are interested in Nick Fairley. That would be a huge get. I think he'll probably be out of their price range, though.

Does she know your number or any more contact info? She might be good for a ride, but if she starts delving deeper into animu, bail the fuck out, gross!!

If I was going to play it safe I'd give her a Google number, and if she ends up being like Cajun, cut ties

Damn Dr. Rando has no love for the birds

cdyhybrid

Friend rando will know what to do, do I proceed with the possible animu chick or do I bail and go back to hitting up hoodrats?

If she's a shipper, you might wake up to find out that she had you two married while you were asleep or something. Remember, they are so obsessed with love and relationships that they make up relationships between fictional characters that have never had any romance between them.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Friend rando will know what to do, do I proceed with the possible animu chick or do I bail and go back to hitting up hoodrats?

You and I both know you need to get away from those hoodrats.

But you and I both know that's not going to happen. :(

It's so hard to leave them behind!

cajunator

Banned
Does she know your number or any more contact info? She might be good for a ride, but if she starts delving deeper into animu, bail the fuck out, gross!!

If I was going to play it safe I'd give her a Google number, and if she ends up being like Cajun, cut ties

;_;

*curls up in a ball of sad

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They haven't put him in shackles yet, but if the crooks behind the Pats have any say, he will be.

Also, the Sherman thing is a bit of a different situation. That was a case of proper testing procedure not being followed, resulting in a false positive test. You can't really "admit" to a drug test whether you took something or not.

Finally, I don't understand what you're getting at with your last question. I was having a conversation with someone else and you jumped in just to antagonize me - perhaps I'm not the one you're looking for.

nonono you're a great guy I would never want to antagonize that's clear. Just friendly ribbing right? Just like you were doing when you called me a white knight and jokingly called Thomas Brady Tammy, how could you forget?

To speak to the improper testing, if I understood correctly, the handling of the footballs was done improperly in the AFC title game, which obviously was not the proper procedure. In fact one of those refs have since been fired. From what I understand the balls made it through just fine though, passed all tests and everything is ok! Just keeping you up to date!

Luckily they made it through all the haters and doubters, because we wouldn't have had such an amazing finish!

635584882664309069-c06-uncrop-02.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just saw that the Patriots are interested in Nick Fairley. That would be a huge get. I think he'll probably be out of their price range, though.

He could be especially with Jabaal, concerned about the motivation issues though, price tag makes it a big risk.

cdyhybrid

nonono you're a great guy I would never want to antagonize that's clear. Just friendly ribbing right? Just like you were doing when you called me a white knight and jokingly called Thomas Brady Tammy, how could you forget?

To speak to the improper testing, if I understood correctly, the handling of the footballs was done improperly in the AFC title game, which obviously was not the proper procedure. In fact one of those refs have since been fired. From what I understand the balls made it through just fine though, passed all tests and everything is ok! Just keeping you up to date!

Luckily they made it through all the haters and doubters, because we wouldn't have had such an amazing finish!\

Well, you seem to be missing the point here again. I called you a white knight because you were white knighting, and I call Tammy "Tammy" because that's his name. Ask anyone in Boston what the name of their QB is, and they'll tell you "Tammy". Don't shoot the messenger.

Your comparison of the Sherman drug test and the Pats' deflated footballs is a faulty one. The Sherman drug test was administered by the league (or a neutral organization under the employ of the league) - thus, there was no reason to improperly apply the test, or stated another way, there was nothing to be gained. No competitive advantage was gained out of improperly performing the test, because the league does not compete in its own football games - the teams do, but they were not the ones administering the test.

However, the improper handling of the Pats' footballs was under the watch of a team employee, and done so to gain a competitive advantage. This may come as a surprise to you as a Pats fan, but the rules you aren't supposed to break are those set by the league, not by the individual teams.

In summation:

-Sherman drug test: league broke it's own rule by accident, nothing could have been gained or lost, thus no wrong was committed by those adhering to league rules

-Deflategate: Pats broke rules set by the league for them to follow, gaining a competitive advantage, thus a violation was committed

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well, you seem to be missing the point here again. I called you a white knight because you were white knighting, and I call Tammy "Tammy" because that's his name. Ask anyone in Boston what the name of their QB is, and they'll tell you "Tammy". Don't shoot the messenger.

Your comparison of the Sherman drug test and the Pats' deflated footballs is a faulty one. The Sherman drug test was administered by the league (or a neutral organization under the employ of the league) - thus, there was no reason to improperly apply the test, or stated another way, there was nothing to be gained. No competitive advantage was gained out of improperly performing the test, because the league does not compete in its own football games - the teams do, but they were not the ones administering the test.

However, the improper handling of the Pats' footballs was under the watch of a team employee, and done so to gain a competitive advantage. This may come as a surprise to you as a Pats fan, but the rules you aren't supposed to break are those set by the league, not by the individual teams.

In summation:

-Sherman drug test: league broke it's own rule by accident, nothing could have been gained or lost, thus no wrong was committed by those adhering to league rules

-Deflategate: Pats broke rules set by the league for them to follow, gaining a competitive advantage, thus a violation was committed

Phew this was a swing and a miss.

All the fans out here loved him. When they took him out for Jonnothan Harrison in Game 5, they damn near berated the coaching staff for weeks on end. If it weren't for Khaled Holmes coming in and playing well, he might have started in the playoffs.
That's a little reassuring, I was concerned about him getting beat out over there, especially since I figured your OL to be a big weakness with as much as Luck gets clobbered. I wasn't sure which part of your line needed fixing though.
Shipley was good for the most part, most of our offensive line problems stemmed from the right side. Like Skip said, he's serviceable, might just be a depth signing. But when he was in our running did improve, there was a stretch when him and AC were the best run blockers on the team.

He definitely sounds like an upgrade from Sendlien even if not as much as I'd hoped. If he can run block fairly well, that'd be great. Between him and Iupati, our run game should be night and day from last season, especially after we add another back.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I knew Dre would become a Colt.

Fuck... this is just :(

effzee

Seahawks fans what can you tell me about CB Thurmond? His injury was a torn pectoral muscle and we signed him to a 1 year deal.

Hoping this is a good sleeper pick up to sure up the secondary.

As much as I don't like or get the moves on offense....I am optimistic of the pick ups on D and the way that side of the ball is shaping up.

Now again bunch of guys coming off of serious injuries but our starting LBs as of now are :

Barwin, Alonso, Kendricks, Ryans, and Graham. I think for the first time in 15 years LBs might be a strength for the defense. The Dline was already above average and registered 2nd in the league with sacks. Run D was pretty good.

Secondary was the biggest weakness and downright awful which they hope to have addressed with Maxwell. Adding Thurmon to Boykin and Carroll adds better depth. Now that Mariota is not in play, pick #20 has to be a Safety or CB.

Now add Rahim Moore and Browner!

cdyhybrid

Seahawks fans what can you tell me about CB Thurmond? His injury was a torn pectoral muscle and we signed him to a 1 year deal.

He was an effective nickel/3rd CB guy when he was healthy/not suspended. Not sure how he did when he ended up in NY (I think he got hurt?), but he was a fine player on our defense. That said, he may have benefited from playing with guys like Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, etc.

This is so strange I think you have a virus?! Somebody tell evillore Neogaf is infected! Maybe he's in on it?

I don't know what you're even talking about anymore.

As much as I don't like or get the moves on offense....I am optimistic of the pick ups on D and the way that side of the ball is shaping up.

Now again bunch of guys coming off of serious injuries but our starting LBs as of now are :

Barwin, Alonso, Kendricks, Ryans, and Graham. I think for the first time in 15 years LBs might be a strength for the defense. The Dline was already above average and registered 2nd in the league with sacks. Run D was pretty good.

Secondary was the biggest weakness and downright awful which they hope to have addressed with Maxwell. Adding Thurmon to Boykin and Carroll adds better depth. Now that Mariota is not in play, pick #20 has to be a Safety or CB.

Now add Rahim Moore and Browner!

Thurmond is OK, Maxwell is better but your team is still Marshmallow soft.

cdyhybrid

Long and short we were talking about how Brady is arguably the best of all time, you were saying how it's undisputed I was saying he's in the conversation, but that's as far as it will go.

I think you stumbled into Crazy Jim Irsay's stash. Stay at home and don't operate motor vehicles or any other heavy machinery.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think you stumbled into Crazy Jim Irsay's stash. Stay at home and don't operate motor vehicles or any other heavy machinery.

Nah I was over Dick Sherman's house earlier, just had a couple of advil... at least I think that's what they were. I dunno he was telling me how he pops em like candy before the game, so I figured why not.

cdyhybrid

What is this? Name calling and shaming? This seems to be your M.O. not cool man, just not cool.

Hey man, I'm just saying. You were over at a pro-athlete's house and ingested some unknown substances. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
9NW2yWG.png

Fortunately for you, Sherman is a stand-up guy, and is not Darren Sharper or future 49er Reggie Bush.

The world should be excited, FMT we made it friend :")

They might sign Reggie Bush though!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hey man, I'm just saying. You were over at a pro-athlete's house and ingested some unknown substances. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
9NW2yWG.png

Fortunately for you, Sherman is a stand-up guy, and is not Darren Sharper or future 49er Reggie Bush.

Sounds like stereotyping to me.

effzee

He was an effective nickel/3rd CB guy when he was healthy/not suspended. Not sure how he did when he ended up in NY (I think he got hurt?), but he was a fine player on our defense. That said, he may have benefited from playing with guys like Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, etc.

Well now we have 2 of your former players! Some of that scheme/culture has to rub off!

Thurmond when he signed with the Giants last year said he wanted a 1 year contract to show that he was good on his own. He played only 2 games before tearing his pectoral muscle and missing the last 14 games.

Hopefully a quality nickel corner/depth on another 1 year deal. Still would like to add Browner to start opposite Maxwell and then draft the top safety available or sign Rahim Moore and draft the top CB in the draft.

Thurmond is OK, Maxwell is better but your team is still Marshmallow soft.

Soft? We couldn't cover for shit but even with Fletcher and Williams we weren't soft.

Top Bottom