• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Arc

So pumped to see the Pats sign Sheard. I feel he's better suited as a DE in the Pats 4-3 which may mean Nink could be gone.

DeMarco Murray ‏@DeMarcoMurray 4 Apr 2011
On my way to the airport. Headed to Philly!..

tumblr_ljcgxedMVO1qeefm7o1_500.gif

<edit> that's not a real tweet btw.

cdyhybrid

That's not the definition of a troll... maybe in your mind it is ;).

I didn't say you called me a lifelong, I said you have a habit of name calling... I should have said labeling, it seems you label a lot is all.

Actually, you're right on the definition of troll, it's this:

u0O35IZ.png

I'd say making up a story about taking drugs at a pro athlete's house is pretty provocative, but that's just me.

I call things what they are. For example, you're a bootleg KHarvey.

I want all these backs quickly signed and out of the way so that the AP situation comes to a head sooner. I'm tired of all the back and forth on the Cardinals forum about the possibility.

On that note, it seems like so many people online think Gordon and Gurley will go in the first round but backs have been really devalued in recent drafts, why are people thinking it will be different this year? Are those two that much better than the prospects last year for instance? Even if they were, Trent Truck was supposed to be a stud coming out and we all know how that's turned out...You think teams would stay the hell away from drafting one so early. That said, assuming we don't get AP (the likely scenario), those two backs would be on my thus far short list of who I'd be willing to take in the first or second round. Top priority is a pass rusher so long as a solid one drops but otherwise those two, Erving, or Marcus Peters if Keim doesn't think he'll drop to the second. I have a feeling we'll settle for Shipley with the confidence we have with the rest of our line so probably wouldn't be willing to take Erving where he's due to be picked.

cdyhybrid

I want all these backs quickly signed and out of the way so that the AP situation comes to a head sooner. I'm tired of all the back and forth on the Cardinals forum about the possibility.

On that note, it seems like so many people online think Gordon and Gurley will go in the first round but backs have been really devalued in recent drafts, why are people thinking it will be different this year? Are those two that much better than the prospects last year for instance? Even if they were, Trent Truck was supposed to be a stud coming out and we all know how that's turned out...You think teams would stay the hell away from drafting one so early. That said, assuming we don't get AP (the likely scenario), those two backs would be on my thus far short list of who I'd be willing to take in the first or second round. Top priority is a pass rusher so long as a solid one drops but otherwise those two, Erving, or Marcus Peters if Keim doesn't think he'll drop to the second. I have a feeling we'll settle for Shipley with the confidence we have with the rest of our line so probably wouldn't be willing to take Erving where he's due to be picked.

I think the argument is that Gurley and Gordon are better than anyone from last year's class, but we'll see. Just from coincidental reading of tweets, etc. it seems to be the general opinion that this year's RB class has better top-end talent and is deeper than last year's.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Actually, you're right on the definition of troll, it's this:

u0O35IZ.png

I'd say making up a story about taking drugs at a pro athlete's house is pretty provocative, but that's just me.

I call things what they are. For example, you're a bootleg KHarvey.

there you go with the name calling. What would you call deliberately quoting a post and changing the content of said post? For example

I love attention, I love stirring the pot because it's funny. I am an internet troll fear me!

Let's be honest, there's a reason Murray hasn't received more offers and it's not just the money because Raiders and Jags wouldn't be deterred by that. The guy has been extremely injury prone and the one monster year he has and the only he stayed healthy was when Dallas finally built themselves the best line in the league. Even if he stayed healthy, it's really questionable how effective he'd be behind a porous line. I'm by no means saying there's no chance he's a beast and will stay healthy but it's certainly a sizable risk that prevents him from being the home run signing a guy with his numbers last year would normally be.

cdyhybrid

there you go with the name calling. What would you call deliberately quoting a post and changing the content of said post? For example

I changed nothing about the content of the post. You waved the white flag on the argument about Deflategate, giving a completely dismissive response instead of actually responding to the content of the post, and then tried to spin it off into a completely unrelated topic about viruses or something.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I changed nothing about the content of the post. You waved the white flag on the argument about Deflategate, giving a completely dismissive response instead of actually responding to the content of the post, and then tried to spin it off into a completely unrelated topic about viruses or something.

So you posted a picture of a whiteflag as though I posted it therefore you changed the content of my post?

effzee

That's not possible, Mort never reports things before other people. You're clearly imagining that.

Speaking of which:

Adam Schefter &#8207;@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Bills free-agent RB C.J. Spiller is scheduled to meet Thursday in New Orleans with Saints, per league source.

I don't get this move if it were to happen.

Aren't they still in cap hell? And didn't they just extend Ingram? Why not just draft a guy?

Adam Schefter &#8207;@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
It's on: Cowboys free-agent RB DeMarco Murray is flying to Philadelphia to meet Eagles officials on Thursday, per league source.

Boom.

This makes even less sense.

So we got rid of our star stud RB because he was apparently eating up too much cap space plus was nearing the age where RBs might fall off....only to replace him with Ryan Mathews who is neve healthy and now Murray?

WTF?

Reggie Bush came and went from San Fran. No surprise there.

Yeah I figure he is going to visit some teams and see what his value is but in the end the Pats will pick him up.

And he will be great for them.

Jarnet87

If the Cowboys cant afford to keep Murray realistically how can they get Peterson?

this is the point that I can't get past either, but maybe the cowboys will give him a backloaded contract with a big signing bonus.

Can't wait to see the salt on Jerrys face when Demarco scores against them.

or his delight when Murray breaks into pieces from the wear and tear of last season.

effzee

Let's be honest, there's a reason Murray hasn't received more offers and it's not just the money because Raiders and Jags wouldn't be deterred by that. The guy has been extremely injury prone and the one monster year he has and the only he stayed healthy was when Dallas finally built themselves the best line in the league. Even if he stayed healthy, it's really questionable how effective he'd be behind a porous line. I'm by no means saying there's no chance he's a beast and will stay healthy but it's certainly a sizable risk that prevents him from being the home run signing a guy with his numbers last year would normally be.

So seems like the Eagles don't care about injury histories or risk related to injury prone guys.

If the Eagles sign him its because they plan to run the ball a ton (something I'd love), behind a top 5 OLINE (although missing a starting Guard), and in a scheme designed to open up huge running lanes.

Naw, Cowboys fans just be like "oh, he's on the decline anyways, we got the best year out of him, yall can have him....he is also injury prone, blah blah"

So how some Eagles fans were like after McCoy was traded.

BTW I don't like this pick up at all.

I'd much rather save the cap space and draft Ameer or someone else later in the draft. Then again I have no clue what Chip is doing to retool and rebuild the offense. But I don't want this signing to deter any quality FA picks ups for the defense.

Would much rather hear about Brandon Browner and or Rahim Moore being signed.

Pepiope

So we got rid of our star stud RB because he was apparently eating up too much cap space plus was nearing the age where RBs might fall off....only to replace him with Ryan Mathews who is neve healthy and now Murray?
The cap that it would've cost us to keep McCoy could possibly turn into Kiko, Matthews, and Murray.

This makes a whole heck of a lot of sense.

Though I doubt Murray comes here. DAL is only offering him 5M, he is trying to get them to raise that. Though, if he comes here for 6 or 7M....That'll be nice.

cdyhybrid

this is the point that I can't get past either, but maybe the cowboys will give him a backloaded contract with a big signing bonus.

I'm guessing they'd try and use his suspension and the fact that he'd be running behind one of the best OLs in football (plus the fact that he's from Texas) to convince him to restructure.

I did not, I commented that your counter argument was very poorly put together, in other words, this is how I saw it.

Otherwise if you actually believed what you said I apologize my signals got crossed and here is what you actually posted.

You're gonna get upset about me changing your post to a white flag and then turn around and do the exact same thing? Come on now.

This cdy-msdstc exchange has gone on way too long for such a silly subject.

It's been the better part of two pages now

This is his game, which is why I called him KHarvey-lite. Argue semantics and tangents until the other person gets bored/tired, then declare yourself the internet winner.

effzee

I think Dallas can afford to keep Murray but don't want to pay him the money he wants. AP they probably are willing to pay that much.

Its sad cause they are right and the Eagles are about to pay him money they weren't willing to pay McCoy. McCoy (IMO) is much much better than Murray. Again makes no sense.

I don't get this move if it were to happen.

Aren't they still in cap hell? And didn't they just extend Ingram? Why not just draft a guy?

WTF?

Yeah I figure he is going to visit some teams and see what his value is but in the end the Pats will pick him up.

And he will be great for them.

Yeah was thinking the same especially when Matthews and Murray are virtual the same style RB. But Bradford wanted Murray though gotta make the franchise QB happy.

So seems like the Eagles don't care about injury histories or risk related to injury prone guys.

If the Eagles sign him its because they plan to run the ball a ton (something I'd love), behind a top 5 OLINE (although missing a starting Guard), and in a scheme designed to open up huge running lanes.

So how some Eagles fans were like after McCoy was traded.

BTW I don't like this pick up at all.

I'd much rather save the cap space and draft Ameer or someone else later in the draft. Then again I have no clue what Chip is doing to retool and rebuild the offense. But I don't want this signing to deter any quality FA picks ups for the defense.

Would much rather hear about Brandon Browner and or Rahim Moore being signed.

Yeah we sure take a lot of chances with guys coming off injuries too but at least ours are 1 year prove it deals or two year deals and aren't overly expensive. Orakpo might be an exception if we sign him. Murray however is expensive and it will be a decent length contract but having a good OL will significantly improve his chances for staying healthy, obviously. The Cowboys used him hard last season and if you guys did as well, I'd be surprised if he holds up but then again, I'm surprised he held up all last year so you never know!

Top Bottom