• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm guessing they'd try and use his suspension and the fact that he'd be running behind one of the best OLs in footbal (plus the fact that he's from Texas) to convince him to restructure.

You're gonna get upset about me changing your post to a white flag and then turn around and do the exact same thing? Come on now.

This is his game, which is why I called him KHarvey-lite. Argue semantics and tangents until the other person gets bored/tired, then declare yourself the internet winner.

Wow you seem mad. Calm down bud, just trying to show you the error of your ways.

effzee

The cap that it would've cost us to keep McCoy could possibly turn into Kiko, Matthews, and Murray.

This makes a whole heck of a lot of sense.

Though I doubt Murray comes here. DAL is only offering him 5M, he is trying to get them to raise that. Though, if he comes here for 6 or 7M....That'll be nice.

No.

Bills restructured his deal and his cap hit this year is far less than what the Eagles were on the hook for. They could have done a similar cap friendly restructure. And if they sign Murray, his cap hit will be almost the same as the hit Bills take on with McCoy this year.

Kiko is the only player we got out of McCoy. They could have afforded Maxwell based on how much cap flexibility they already had going into the offseason. And if you keep McCoy and Sproles you don't need to pick up Mathews.

Freeing up cap should have also guaranteed keeping Maclin but that didn't happen either.

Pepiope

I think Dallas can afford to keep Murray but don't want to pay him the money he wants. AP they probably are willing to pay that much.

Its sad cause they are right and the Eagles are about to pay him money they weren't willing to pay McCoy. McCoy (IMO) is much much better than Murray. Again makes no sense.
In a vacuum, McCoy is better than Murray. In Chip's offense....Murray would probably be more successful.

Pepiope

No.

Bills restructured his deal and his cap hit this year is far less than what the Eagles were on the hook for. They could have done a similar cap friendly restructure. And if they sign Murray, his cap hit will be almost the same as the hit Bills take on with McCoy this year.

Kiko is the only player we got out of McCoy. They could have afforded Maxwell based on how much cap flexibility they already had going into the offseason. And if you keep McCoy and Sproles you don't need to pick up Mathews.

Freeing up cap should have also guaranteed keeping Maclin but that didn't happen either.
We offered Maclin a great deal, he wanted to go home to Missouri. Him leaving had nothing to do with the money and everything to do with playing back home.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nah, there's just nothing to respond to.

You: "U mad?"

Me: "No, and here's why"

You: "U mad?"

This has been the last two pages of this thread.

Actually when I came up with a counter-point, you posted a made up bit as fact in "robert kraft paid brad johnson off" blah blah blah. Same nonsense you always drag out. You need new material.

cdyhybrid

Actually when I came up with a counter-point, you posted a made up bit as fact in "robert kraft paid brad johnson off" blah blah blah. Same nonsense you always drag out. You need new material.

It was a joke. The entire conversation was. But because it was at the expense of the Pats, you just couldn't let it go.

That said, you can't prove Kraft didn't pay him off.

Msdstc, you're always going back and forth with someone. You're the shirtless drunk guy of shirtless drunk guys.

It's that Boston inferiority complex.

effzee

Yeah we sure take a lot of chances with guys coming off injuries too but at least ours are 1 year prove it deals or two year deals and aren't overly expensive. Orakpo might be an exception if we sign him. Murray however is expensive and it will be a decent length contract but having a good OL will significantly improve his chances for staying healthy, obviously. The Cowboys used him hard last season and if you guys did as well, I'd be surprised if he holds up but then again, I'm surprised he held up all last year so you never know!

Well the Eagles wouldn't use him as much. We also have Sproles, Ryan Mathews, and Chris Polk.

I figure while Murray out of the group would be the lead back, the carries would be shared a shit ton.

Plus #sportsscience#smoothies

Yeah was thinking the same especially when Matthews and Murray are virtual the same style RB. But Bradford wanted Murray though gotta make the franchise QB happy.

This is disrespectful.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Msdstc, you're always going back and forth with someone. You're the shirtless drunk guy of shirtless drunk guys.

justbleed.gif

minx

Hilarious that Lovie would want Conte. Not ecstatic about Rolle as he is 32 and from what I read only an average safety which is actually a huge upgrade but would rather take a riskier signing on a younger guy. Giants fans take on him?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
It was a joke. But because it was at the expense of the Pats, you just couldn't let it go.

That said, you can't prove Kraft didn't pay him off.

I told you earlier I was joking too man! Can I not have fun?

oh and...

you can't prove sherman hasn't taken steroids

you can't prove Russell Wilson didn't take PEDs

you can't prove the packers didn't try to lose the nfcc.

you can't prove Bevell didn't make the right call.

Well the Eagles wouldn't use him as much. We also have Sproles, Ryan Mathews, and Chris Polk.

I figure while Murray out of the group would be the lead back, the carries would be shared a shit ton.

Plus #sportsscience#smoothies

This is disrespectful.

That's right, forgot you signed Mathews to share but he's injury prone too haha I'm not trying to hate though, it will be interesting and with your QB, definitely want to pound the rock.

So how some Eagles fans were like after McCoy was traded.

BTW I don't like this pick up at all.

I'd much rather save the cap space and draft Ameer or someone else later in the draft. Then again I have no clue what Chip is doing to retool and rebuild the offense. But I don't want this signing to deter any quality FA picks ups for the defense.

Would much rather hear about Brandon Browner and or Rahim Moore being signed.

as I was replying I got distracted by the jbug617 gif a few posts above this....anyways...

Yea I don't like it either, like, I rather have PRE restructured Mccoy instead of this, but whatever. I dont like anything about this offseason so, I just wanna see this happen for the Lulz. literally, thats it.

cdyhybrid

I told you earlier I was joking too man! Can I not have fun?

oh and...

you can't prove sherman hasn't taken steroids

you can't prove Russell Wilson didn't take PEDs

you can't prove the packers didn't try to lose the nfcc.

you can't prove Bevell didn't make the right call.

Please stop trolling, I'm trying to discuss football here.

Anyway, back to what I was discussing before I was so rudely interrupted:

Hmmm I would like a Hronnis Grasu pls, based simply on the fact that his name is "Hroniss".

Hugh Millen was on KJR yesterday and pointed out that part of the reason Unger was so huge for us was that in the run blocking scheme we use, the center has to be very mobile if you're running, say, a sweep to the outside. Oregon's linemen are usually pretty mobile, so maybe Grasu is the guy!

Yeah we sure take a lot of chances with guys coming off injuries too but at least ours are 1 year prove it deals or two year deals and aren't overly expensive. Orakpo might be an exception if we sign him. Murray however is expensive and it will be a decent length contract but having a good OL will significantly improve his chances for staying healthy, obviously. The Cowboys used him hard last season and if you guys did as well, I'd be surprised if he holds up but then again, I'm surprised he held up all last year so you never know!

he still ended up breaking his hand and had limited carries in a few games at the end of the year

6 fumbles

he runs into his own blockers and sometimes gets beat 1 on 1

but he runs so god damn hard and is one of the best pass blocking RBs ive ever seen

with the cowboys in a "win now" scenario with romo and with romo being 1 sack away from exploding into bones the blocking alone should command more money from him

I hate to see him go but at the same time I agree with every single reason against paying him a ton

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hilarious that Lovie would want Conte. Not ecstatic about Rolle as he is 32 and from what I read only an average safety which is actually a huge upgrade but would rather take a riskier signing on a younger guy. Giants fans take on him?

Bears are so irrelevant, Bears fans are talking about a former Bears coach and the Bucs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't troll. It's obvious when I'm joking and when I'm not.

Also #banBread

LOL look at that egocentricity on display.

So when I joke about going to Richard Shermans house it's a lie... when you make up grand conspiracies because you don't have a valid response it's a joke. I'll keep that in mind!

Jarnet87

Conte might suck, but the fact that he is an actual Free Safety instantly makes him better then Goldson at the position. Why we aren't just moving Goldson to SS where he might be able to have an impact instead of cutting him, who knows. Bucs have 8 picks, and legitimately all 8 picks could be starters if used on position of need and because we are so void of talent in spots.

Rumors starting to form that the Bucs could swap the 1st overall pick for Brees, please god no. Brees under the offensive genius of Lovie, he'd be begging for Shotty to be the head coach.

minx

Conte might suck, but the fact that he is an actual Free Safety instantly makes him better then Goldson at the position. Why we aren't just moving Goldson to SS where he might be able to have an impact instead of cutting him, who knows.

He is really really bad. Just a heads up.

I almost feel bad for other Lions fans because one troll is the vocal person on the forum and he doesn't even watch the game. Most were intelligent enough to realize like everyone else that Suh was gone a long time ago.

Top Bottom