• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

effzee

Only thing worse then the Brees for #1 overall pick rumor is the new 3 team trade rumor where the Bucs gets Bradford and some picks and then the Eagles give #1 to the Saints for Brees. what in the fuck is this stupidity.

Where are you getting this from?

I'll take Brees.

Trey

A little, but at the same time it makes a lot of sense, Guy had all the measurables but never seemed to excel on the field. It just didn't add up. The retirement puts a lot of Worilds' career up to this point in perspective. He wasn't passionate about football.

For what it's worth I admire him. There are plenty of guys who couldn't care less about football who collect paychecks for years regardless. Worilds could have easily been one of those guys and robbed a team blind for 3 + years.

Eh, I don't quite agree. If you think his heart is not in the game, it's your fault for paying the man. He's not robbing you if you're giving him money. He's obviously playing up to his value if you're keeping him on the roster for 3 or more years.

BigAT

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/921864657866176

Is it just me or does this totally read like Murray's agent told Schefter to write up a post that would scare Dallas into giving him more money?

Garafolo floated this idea yesterday. It seems especially obvious in this case.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
This is the battle Murray needed to start inflating his price. He got it. And he and his agent helped create it. Sometimes, it works.

MRSA

Banned
Okay friends, need advice. Gonna cook dinner for a girl tonight, but what the fuck am I gonna make ?

Stuffed chicken leg with ground sausage, pistachios, thyme, parsley. Wrap it in bacon, poach, then fry to crisp. Deglaze with some sherry vinegar, marsala wine, and chicken broth. Finish the sauce with a pad of butter and you got yourself a meal that'll get you blown for dessert.

Fox318

Lol Bucs signed Conte. Back in your pit DM

RJOj9.jpg

Eh, I don't quite agree. If you think his heart is not in the game, it's your fault for paying the man. He's not robbing you if you're giving him money. He's obviously playing up to his value if you're keeping him on the roster for 3 or more years.

That's just it, you don't know what's in a man's heart unless he shows you. Worilds could have taken a huge contract, sleptwalk through it, and nobody would have been the wiser.

If Worilds hadn't shown his hand by retiring that's exactly what would have happened.

gutshot

Rob Rang @RobRang
After trading for Sam Bradford, the Eagles held private workout & film room session w/ UCLA's Brett Hundley yesterday, according to source.

Like I said, I think Hundley is plan B while Mariota is plan A. Bradford is just a guy who will either be used to go up and get Mariota or he'll play for a year while Hundley learns the ropes.

effzee

Like I said, I think Hundley is plan B while Mariota is plan A. Bradford is just a guy who will either be used to go up and get Mariota or he'll play for a year while Hundley learns the ropes.

Could be nothing. 2 Drafts ago they flew to VA to have a private workout with Geno. Even Lurie flew down. This is just due diligence.

Hundley was in Philly yesterday?

How many years are left on Bradford's contract? 1?

LevelNth

Banned
No team in the top 5 will even contemplate a package for Bradford, and if its the latter, why hurt the future to use Bradford as a placeholder when you already had Foles?

Chip is simply laughably bad as a GM.

gutshot

Could be nothing. 2 Drafts ago they flew to VA to have a private workout with Geno. Even Lurie flew down. This is just due diligence.

Hundley was in Philly yesterday?

How many years are left on Bradford's contract? 1?

Could be. I just have the sense that that is where this is headed. Not sure if the workout was in Philly or LA or what. Yes, one year left.

No team in the top 5 will even contemplate a package for Bradford, and if its the latter, why hurt the future to use Bradford as a placeholder when you already had Foles?

There was a report that some teams at the top of the draft liked Bradford better than Winston or Mariota. It sounds crazy, but it's out there.

And clearly Chip didn't think Foles fit what he wanted at QB. Bradford at least is something different. If he succeeds, great. You can move forward with him as your franchise QB. If not, you move on to Hundley.

MechDX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 1m1 minute ago
Looks like Texans are closing in on deal with FS Rahim Moore. Stay tuned.

Ok so its Pancakes which means he is signing with NY today.

Bread

Banned
20 - Best Burritos in California

Who wants to take a road trip with me to try all 20 burritos?!
"Bean & cheese burritos -- whether from Taco Bell or the school cafeteria -- are almost always boring and always terrible for you. "

Whoever wrote this is a pleb, bean and cheese burritos are incredible if you know where to go. I refuse this list and I'll take you on a top 20 trip of my own, Chris! Everything in San Diego to keep it simple.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Shame you won't see 26, RIP in Peace friend

Los Angeles.
Ah, thought you were in Florida and was gonna question why you'd drive to California for burritos when you'd pass by states with just as good or probably better burritos. lol

I'd go with you if I was there though. Why not?

Bradford, if healthy, has higher potential than Foles I would think. Foles and Sanchez were turnover machines last year, and it hurt the offense more than almost anything else. Bradford rarely turned it over, even with the crazy amounts of pressure he got, for example.

effzee

First the plan is Bradford. There is no plan to package him to move up. Fans need to realize this. With that said teams other than the Eagles did show interest in Bradford. Eagles weren't the only team in the running and had to up their offer to get him over other teams. I believe Schefter and Rappaport repot ed this.

Seond Chip might a bad GM be but we have to see first after the draft, rest of the offseason, and how the team looks come week 1.

I like his gamble if only he wasn't happy with 10-6 seasons and thinks these moves will put them over the wild card level they have been. Especially the additions to the LB and Secondary units.

"Bean & cheese burritos -- whether from Taco Bell or the school cafeteria -- are almost always boring and always terrible for you. "

Whoever wrote this is a pleb, bean and cheese burritos are incredible if you know where to go. I refuse this list and I'll take you on a top 20 trip of my own, Chris! Everything in San Diego to keep it simple.

That sounds great! Maybe we can bring Dutch and Rando!

Ah, thought you were in Florida and was gonna question why you'd drive to California for burritos when you'd pass by states with just as good or probably better burritos. lol

I'd go with you if I was there though. Why not?

Nope I'm a dolphin fan living in LA (never been to florida lol), well if you're ever in town let me know!

Its my birthday tomorrow as well. :(

Woohoo finally eligible for AARP!
not really!

If your BFF was still around I'm sure he'd treat you to a nice meal and drink, alas he's still nowhere to be found :(

effzee

Man we best get Ron Parker.

What's the word on him? Graded out bad yet teams really like him? Why?

I mean at this point I want the Eagles to sign him since we have nothing. Man McCourty would have been an amazing pickup to pair up with Maxwell. I'd feel 1000 times better about this offseason then.

I seriously doubt there are any more big trades happening before the draft. They would have happened by now. If the Eagles wanted to move up, they would have by now but apparently nobody wants what they're selling.

Chipper overplayed his hand by making it known to everyone that would listen for months that he wanted Mariota.

He drove his own price to the roof.

What's the word on him? Graded out bad yet teams really like him? Why?

I mean at this point I want the Eagles to sign him since we have nothing. Man McCourty would have been an amazing pickup to pair up with Maxwell. I'd feel 1000 times better about this offseason then.

IMO I think they should give Jerome Couplin a shot at the starting spot or drafting a safety. Couplin played some games in Detroit before the Eagles got him, but fell to the practice squad because of injuries and the Eagles signed him. I think with a full year of the NFL under his belt he could turn into something.

Chipper overplayed his hand by making it known to everyone that would listen for months that he wanted Mariota.

He drove his own price to the roof.

Chip didn't say a word to the media about wanting Mariota, not even once. He said he thought he was the best QB in the draft once, and that was it. It was the media that blew up the Mariota speculation because of the Oregon bias.

Respect

Speaking of age...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1008769

That thread made me think I should switch to a girl doctor when I'm getting violated for a prostate exam. It'll feel less weird that way maybe.

Remembered hearing not too long ago that there was supposedly an alternative test to that procedure, and it isn't as uhh, invasive...didn't look much into it, but in about 7 years it will become a hot topic for myself.

EDIT: Well, didn't realize it wasn't related to prostate exams...here's to never having intestinal problems.

Well if you believe him it was all media driven and he never thought to do it cause he knew the price would be too much

Given how much the local media CONSTANTLY harped and complained for the past two months that Chip never addressed the media or the fans as to what his plan was, I do not doubt him.

Top Bottom