• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Give me the address, sounds like you can use an extra hand.

Uhm..get yourself a plane ticket.

Dutch they're using you for a free meal bro.

If you're lucky you might get to give your girl a handshake by the end of the night. Nothing more intimate than that though!

Bruh, the terms have been set a while ago. I know how it's going down. I've sailed these waters before. Also, I'm so hyped for King Kendrick his new album. #Blisss

Except the sister is there.

Granted that is probably not a hurdle for a Pats fan, but most decent human beings would hesitate.

This really just sounds like he is their personal chef.

If Dutch can make some good friend chicken I want to be invited to the next dinner. The same no sex or touching provisions apply!

I used to make my own breading for fried chicken. You will want me to become your BFF when you try my chicken bruh.

Dutch Patriot, do you have a Dutch Oven?

You should make Coq Au Vin.

It's a nice sunny day out. Coq Au Vin would be a little bit too wintery for me.

you're doing it wrong, Dutch

when it comes time for dessert, all you do is bring out a can of whipped cream

That's the after dessert special.

8LmRRg5.gif

Hell yeah boyeeeeeee, sounds yummers!!

Can I come
ii

You can have the sister. We would be brothers.

Wait, the sister is coming as well?

So there's a .01% chance of awesome and a 99.99% chance of her making it less enjoyable. Are you sure you're not friendzoned?

I know what's up. Have some faith

Colasante

DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

Damn. $8.4M APY. I imagine the reality of the deal will make it less impressive, but good going, DeMarco's agents.

gutshot

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
DeMarco Murray's deal with Eagles is expected to be 5 years, $42 million, including $21 million guaranteed, per @mortreport and I.

Trading McCoy makes zero sense to me now.

_woLf

do you guys remember the last time the eagles went nuts in free agency and built a "dream team"

I sure do, not like their current squad would be a dream for anyone except the team doctors though

do you guys remember the last time the eagles went nuts in free agency and built a "dream team"

I sure do, not like their current squad would be a dream for anyone except the team doctors though

Such a bad comparison. The "dream team" was a signing of big names regardless of play style and scheme fit. Reid had already given up on the team, and wasn't bothering to think things through. To his credit Chip has been making signings that make sense given the Eagles system.

Congrats!

It's not like McCoy was some master of ball control, so it's nothing new. McCoy held the ball as far from his body as he could at all times, it was the biggest flaw in his game.

effzee

Raiders got Nate Allen. Seems like a pretty solid safety.

Haha no. We couldn't wait to get rid of him!

Al though I'm sure he looked worse than he actually is cause he was surrounded by 3 other terrible starters. He had a spark rookie year before he tore his knee up but since than has been garbage.

Good luck.

I never said I believed it. Just pointing out that something like that did surface.

The main reason I believe Mariota is still in play is because both local and national reporters who have been right about stuff with the Eagles in the past are saying that he is. It's also telling that the Eagles have yet to attempt a contract renegotiation with Bradford despite Chip desperately trying to get him for weeks now.

They might have been right about stuff in the past but none of them 100% right about every move. I'd put the chances at about .001% that they are still in play for Mariota.

At this point Mariota would have to drop out of top 10 and into the middle of the 1st round for the Eagles to move up and get him.

I guess that is true. But I thought the Eagles were moving on from an over-used RB before his inevitable decline. Clearly that wasn't the case.

Yeah, it would have been nice, but I also think Murray's running style fits better with how Chip wants the run game to work than McCoy did. McCoy was great in space but if you wanted to run him up the middle he struggled a lot. I don't think Murray will have that problem.

Going nuts = Nnamdi Asomugha, Cullen Jenkins, Jason Babin, and two higher profile depth signings in Ronnie Brown and Vince Young.

Cullen Jenkins and Jason Babin (pre locker collapse) both worked out. Aso was a free agent bust.

Haha no. We couldn't wait to get rid of him!

Al though I'm sure he looked worse than he actually is cause he was surrounded by 3 other terrible starters. He had a spark rookie year before he tore his knee up but since than has been garbage.

Good luck.

He actually grades out pretty decent:

6. Nate Allen
2014 Grade: +3.9
2014 Snaps: 1121

Allen improved in each of the last two seasons following a -13.0 graded 2012. Last season he graded positively in both run defense and coverage while playing primarily as a deep safety, though he also saw snaps near the line of scrimmage and in the slot. Got his hands on six passes in 2014, including four interceptions, which matched his PD total over the previous two seasons. That improvement will likely be a focal point for teams and along with his age (27) may suggest that he still has a chance to reach his potential that saw him picked in the second round in 2010.

And I like him more than Rahim Moore, who I didn't really want. I think he might surprise. We have a really good DB coach in Marcus Robertson, really helped all of our young guys and even showed Woodson a couple new tricks.

Colasante

Saints closing in on a deal with CB Brandon Browner. "Almost finished," source says.

The Saints should be forced to trade Kenny Stills to the Patriots in exchange for letting them get Browner for nothing. Oh Browner, I'll miss you, you big penalty machine, you.

knicks

They got a better back, for a cheaper price, and managed to pick up a really good LB who is making nothing.

I'm not sure what doesn't make sense to be honest.

He is a better back? I'm not sure about that. Also, McCoy didn't have five years left on his deal.

An injury prone LB who is far from being called 'really good' for a premiere player in McCoy?

I'm not sure I understand what the fuck Chip Kelly is thinking to be honest. I feel like Demarco Murray just persuaded this moron to sign him. Didn't he call them? How does this happen?

Didn't they get rid of McCoy for salary cap reasons? You really would prefer Sam Bradford and Demarco Murray over Nick Foles and Lesean McCoy? Bradford and Murrays combined salary is significantly more than Foles and McCoy.

effzee

How do you give that contract to a back that was just purposefully run into the ground in his contract year?

#SPORTSCIENCE
#CULTURE

Love Stills, would be awesome to get him

Yeah I wouldn't mind the Eagles picking him up.

I guess that is true. But I thought the Eagles were moving on from an over-used RB before his inevitable decline. Clearly that wasn't the case.

Its painfully obvious the issue wasn't money.

They didnt like McCoy's style which I used to complain about a lot myself. He did dance a lot and always tried to cutback rather than following the blocking.

They also probably didn't like McCoy the person for whatever reason. I guess didn't fit the culture which is so weird since from everything I've ever heard he has been a great teammate and hard worker.

Sucks I'd so much rather have McCoy. We just overpaid for Murray for no reason. I would have preferred a rookie

gutshot

He actually grades out pretty decent:

And I like him more than Rahim Moore, who I didn't really want. I think he might surprise. We have a really good DB coach in Marcus Robertson, really helped all of our young guys and even showed Woodson a couple new tricks.

Nate Allen is the epitome of a replacement-level player. To be fair though, safety play around the league is abysmal, so in comparison he's not too bad.

Respect

The Saints should be forced to trade Kenny Stills to the Patriots in exchange for letting them get Browner for nothing. Oh Browner, I'll miss you, you big penalty machine, you.

Curious whey they didn't trade him...somebody surely would have picked up the $4.8 mil in this corner starved market, they seemed to realize they weren't signing Revis well before the deadline to pick up the option on Browner. Was there something in his contract that prevented this perhaps?

I'm scared to death of what Le'Veon Bell is going to command in a couple of years.

Assuming he stays healthy and has another great year...I would be shocked if he didn't holdout next offseason (unless he gets a new deal).

Top Bottom