• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 12s13 seconds ago
Ravens reached agreement with RB Justin Forsett, per source. RB market heating up.

squicken

He's a great run blocker, especially in the Eagles zone-blocking scheme. Not sure how he would look in other schemes.

Geoff Mosher of CSN said Mathis was allowed to seek a trade last year. He is 33 and makes good money. Do they have an in-house replacement ready?

Come back home Red Bryant.

Mathis would be great but I don't know what we could trade for him. I still think we should try trading Turbin and see if we can get a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

ampere

Demarco deserves way more than 8.4 aav imo. But if it was the best deal he could get, then congrats to him.

Really? I think it was mostly the line blocking that made him successful. He's not like Trent Richardson bad or anything, but I don't think he's anywhere near a Lynch

ampere

I still say Harvin. I don't even understand how you could defend him and Edelman running around in crazy criss-crossing patterns with Gronk up the seam and LaFell who knows where.

Is he a good personality fit? We don't really do primadonnas.

inb4 seedy says "but brady lols!!!"

Brinbe

So Murray+Matthews+Sproles? We're running the hell out of the ball this season.

And the Eagles have a pretty damn good line too, so what the fuck difference does that make? Not really an argument that makes sense for or against Murray.

Bread

Banned
Sweet, Forsett going back to the Ravens means I'll keep CJ Anderson and Forsett at rounds 10 and 11 in my fantasy draft.

Evan Mathis ✔ @EvanMathis69

Can y’all stay the hell outta my mentions? Im waiting for @katyperry & @JODYHiGHROLLER to get back to me about my daughter’s 3rd bday party.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 37s38 seconds ago
Saints signing former Patriots CB Brandon Browner to a 3-year deal, per source.

bigkrev

Mathis, who turns 34 in November, has a $6.5 million salary cap figure for 2015. The Eagles could be looking to save more cap space by trading him. Mathis is currently projected to be the oldest starting guard in the NFL.

This can't be right, can it?

If he's healthy Murray's style might age better than McCoy's. Those dancing RBs seem to fall off a cliff after a point. Personally I wouldn't want either contract but Murray+Alonso>>>McCoy

gutshot

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Hearing the Fins, Bills, Rams, Vikings and possibly even Saints sniffing around on Evan Mathis, who Eagles are willing to move...

Duxxy3

Browner to the saints. I'm OK with that. He isn't good in a zone scheme, which the patriots definitely will be playing.

Colasante

Brandon Browner is far from perfect, but he's going to be an awesome addition for the Saints. By all accounts, this firesale in New Orleans stems from a bad locker room culture. Browner is an inspiring and fiery teammate who won't let a bad attitude permeate. I'm going to miss him on the Patriots.

And of course, it's likely that the Patriots will pick up a compensatory pick for Browner too, unless the Sheard contract offsets him.

Top Bottom