• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

MechDX

NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors · 14s14 seconds ago
RT @JFowlerESPN: Source w/ knowledge of situation: #Saints appear to be shopping everyone but Drew Brees and Brandin Cooks. Complete retool.

Sorry WW.

rando14

Brandon Browner is far from perfect, but he's going to be an awesome addition for the Saints. By all accounts, this firesale in New Orleans stems from a bad locker room culture. Browner is an inspiring and fiery teammate who won't let a bad attitude permeate. I'm going to miss him on the Patriots.

And of course, it's likely that the Patriots will pick up a compensatory pick for Browner too, unless the Sheard contract offsets him.

Sheard contract likely will

eznark

Banned
Brandon Browner is far from perfect, but he's going to be an awesome addition for the Saints. By all accounts, this firesale in New Orleans stems from a bad locker room culture. Browner is an inspiring and fiery teammate who won't let a bad attitude permeate. I'm going to miss him on the Patriots.

And of course, it's likely that the Patriots will pick up a compensatory pick for Browner too, unless the Sheard contract offsets him.

Plus Browner brings a whole arsenal of pharmaceuticals, so Sean will like him a lot.

He is great, but he is 34, and the 4th best lineman we have. We need to get younger on the line. We still need to get a WR.

Look for Boykin to be good soon too.

It's crazy that the best G in the league is the 4th best lineman on the team, but you are basically right.

If they aren't going to use Boykin they should definitely trade him.

squicken

Payton basically called the team a bunch of p**sies in one of his end of the season interviews.

Pepiope

Boykin and Kendricks are the next to go.
I'm in denial about Kendricks.
It's crazy that the best G in the league is the 4th best lineman on the team, but you are basically right.

If they aren't going to use Boykin they should definitely trade him.
They should. He wants to be on the outside, and we want him in the slot. Might as well trade and get something for him than just let him walk next year.

Duxxy3

I'm in denial about Kendricks.

They should. He wants to be on the outside, and we want him in the slot. Might as well trade and get something for him than just let him walk next year.

Good fit on the pats because we only need one or two good years from him.

Wow. That would be a genuine surprise.
Yes! My boy. :')

514901000.jpg

Poor man's Vick.

MechDX

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin · 34s35 seconds ago
Great question. Florio? RT @TOBfor3 Will we ever see @ProFootballTalk apologize to Dez for his whole Walmart video story mishandling?

3rd time today I have seen getlin call out Florio on Twitter. Good.

BumRush

Jets D is scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaary now. That front 7 can get after the QB (especially if they target an outside rusher in the draft) now that we can actually cover people.

jakncoke

Banned
Murray and Eagles/Chip to test the curse/historic trend . RB that had a 390 carry season then what they did after,

Larry Johnson 416, after 5 years : high 874 total about 2000 yards

Jamal Anderson 410, after 3 years : high 1024 , 1200 or total yards

James Wilder 407, after 6 years: high 1300 the next season , total 3000 yards or so

Eddie George 403 , after 4 years: high 1165 also had a 1031 season , total 3500 or so

Gerald Riggs 397, after 6 years : 1327 high next year, total 4k or so

Terrel Davis 392, after 3 years : 701 high , total 1100 yards or so

Ricky Williams 392, after 6 years: 1121, total 3500 or so

Barry Foster 390, after 2 years high 851, total 1562

Eric Dickerson had a 390 in his rookie season and went on to also have a 404 and 388 and 13259 career

So if your name isnt Eric Dickerson history shows a place with 390 carry season at some point will be out of the lead in 4-5 years and wont add that much more to his career totals.

I guess when you consider the monster DLs in our division, Mathis makes sense.
Doesn't really matter when Brady is clicking. The ball is out so fast a good DL is almost completely neutralized. Sure, if you can collapse the pocket from the middle within 1 or 2 seconds you might disrupt the play a little but that takes some awful guards/center.

The whole narrative about the AFC East gunning for Brady with great d-lines is so overplayed. How much did that best in the league d-line help the Bills against them last season?

Pepiope

Murray and Eagles/Chip to test the curse/historic trend . RB that had a 390 carry season then what they did after,

Larry Johnson 416, after 5 years : high 874 total about 2000 yards

Jamal Anderson 410, after 3 years : high 1024 , 1200 or total yards

James Wilder 407, after 6 years: high 1300 the next season , total 3000 yards or so

Eddie George 403 , after 4 years: high 1165 also had a 1031 season , total 3500 or so

Gerald Riggs 397, after 6 years : 1327 high next year, total 4k or so

Terrel Davis 392, after 3 years : 701 high , total 1100 yards or so

Ricky Williams 392, after 6 years: 1121, total 3500 or so

Barry Foster 390, after 2 years high 851, total 1562

Eric Dickerson had a 390 in his rookie season and went on to also have a 404 and 388 and 13259 career

So if your name isnt Eric Dickerson history shows a place with 390 carry season at some point will be out of the lead in 4-5 years and wont add that much more to his career totals.
Sports science bruh.

Doesn't really matter when Brady is clicking. The ball is out so fast a good DL is almost completely neutralized. Sure, if you can collapse the pocket from the middle within 1 or 2 seconds you might disrupt the play a little but that takes some awful guards/center.

The whole narrative about the AFC East gunning for Brady with great d-lines is so overplayed. How much did that best in the league d-line help the Bills against them last season?

1-1!

Bread

Banned

Brady isn't always on point with short passes, see the first Dolphins Pats game last year. The d-line had time to get to him and they made him uncomfortable.

Sometimes it doesn't matter like in the super bowl when he was firing perfect throws within 2 or 3 seconds after the snap, but he isn't always playing at that level.

RBH

Morgan sucks, no need to overpay for poor production.
Why do you say that he sucks and has poor production?

I didn't watch any Titans games and I'm only going by numbers at this point, but on the surface, I wouldn't classify 6 sacks/season for three consecutive years as "poor production."

Top Bottom