• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

ampere

Murray and Eagles/Chip to test the curse/historic trend . RB that had a 390 carry season then what they did after

RBs are no men of steel... you carry that many times and take those hits, back and joint problems will happen.

Foster had a really messed up back after those two high carry seasons

Brady isn't always on point with short passes, see the first Dolphins Pats game last year. The d-line had time to get to him and they made him uncomfortable.

Sometimes it doesn't matter like in the super bowl when he was firing perfect throws within 2 or 3 seconds after the snap, but he isn't always playing at that level.
That's why I said when Brady is clicking. Once Gronk got healthy and the offense figured out what it was great d-lines were all but neutralized. The Dolphins are a perfect example, look at the difference between the first and second time they played.

Duxxy3

Brady isn't always on point with short passes, see the first Dolphins Pats game last year. The d-line had time to get to him and they made him uncomfortable.

Sometimes it doesn't matter like in the super bowl when he was firing perfect throws within 2 or 3 seconds after the snap, but he isn't always playing at that level.

Depends where the pressure comes from. If it's from the sides he will kill any team. If the pressure come from the middle, if they are able to get around his feet, that's when he starts to fuck up.

Depends where the pressure comes from. If it's from the sides he will kill any team. If the pressure come from the middle, if they are able to get around his feet, that's when he starts to fuck up.
The dink-and-dunk master class that the Patriots have become isn't as susceptible to pressure as the teams that lost the SB's to the Giants. This is part of what makes Belichick so great, he realizes the strengths of the opposition and tailors his offense to negate it, while also maximizing the potential of his own roster (primarily Brady's aged arm that has all but lost its long ball accuracy).

ampere

Getting our o-line figured out solved so many problems. Brady has to be able to trust those guys to give him a few seconds and get clean snaps.

The dink-and-dunk master class that the Patriots have become isn't as susceptible to pressure as the teams that lost the SB's to the Giants. This is part of what makes Belichick so great, he realizes the strengths of the opposition and tailors his offense to negate it, while also maximizing the potential of his own roster (primarily Brady's aged arm that has all but lost its long ball accuracy).

I think we could still do more of a long passing game if we had a crazy playmaker like OBJ, but it's probably not in the cards. Just the possibility of the deep threat screws up defenses more.

Bread

Banned
That's why I said when Brady is clicking. Once Gronk got healthy and the offense figured out what it was great d-lines were all but neutralized. The Dolphins are a perfect example, look at the difference between the first and second time they played.
Right, but I'm just saying that when he isn't clicking a strong d-line can shut him down for a game and it's an easy win.

Fox318

The first Bills vs Jets game should be a lot of fun

Rex should bring this out to the coin toss.

af6CU4O.jpg

Trey

The dink-and-dunk master class that the Patriots have become

That's always been their offense. Even when they had Moss, most of their passes came out quick. There's no "become" here, that's all they've ever done. To great effect, I might add. If you can win the presnap as often as Tom Brady can, it only makes sense to get the guaranteed yards.

Tom Penny

It was the first game of the season and the O Line was in shambles..When is the Mayo restructure. Glass man took one for the team.

Right, but I'm just saying that when he isn't clicking a strong d-line can shut him down for a game and it's an easy win.
If he's not clicking they will probably lose anyway. Point being, Brady's play and the Pats offensive schemes in general are more of a factor in whether they win or lose than the quality of the opponents d-line.

That's always been their offense. Even when they had Moss, most of their passes came out quick. There's no "become" here, that's all they've ever done. To great effect, I might add. If you can win the presnap as often as Tom Brady can, it only makes sense to get the guaranteed yards.
He's always been known for having a quick release but the ball is traveling through the air a lot less on his average completion these days. They kill you with rub routes and underneath stuff more than ever before now.

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 21s22 seconds ago
Former Broncos safety Rahim Moore and Texans reached agreement, per source. #Markman50

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
30 year old, over the hill Antonio Cromartie got 4/32? Obv need to see the finer details on the contract, but daaamn :|

Yeah honestly not that thrilled to have him back. Don't even think hes better than Milliner at this point but I guess banking on Milliner staying healthy isn't a great option either.

Where the good QB's at? I would draft Brett Hundley.
"Where the good QB's at? I would draft bad QB."

Still missing that one piece. Not getting anywhere without that one piece.
Bingo. Which is why the Jets and Bills will most certainly not challenge NE for the division. The Dolphins only have a shot if Tannehill continues to progress and they nail the draft.

Pats will win the division unless Brady gets injured. Count on it.

jakncoke

Banned
Didn't they just sign buster skrine?

For 25

Also I thought BG and browns said skrine was good last year, i know pff isnt the end all be all but they have him down as -6.3 in his 1152 snaps of play last year that doesnt seem too fucking good.

Also, i think they being a little fair to ike and his negative 8.9

Trey

He's always been known for having a quick release but the ball is traveling through the air a lot less on his average completion these days. They kill you with rub routes and underneath stuff more than ever before now.

I gotta see some numbers because this Patriots team and offense doesn't feel any different than they've ever been. Running back by committee, quick slot guy, dedicated deep threat guy, and valve guy. Healthy balance of running and passing and exploiting matchups.

I gotta see some numbers because this Patriots team and offense doesn't feel any different than they've ever been. Running back by committee, quick slot guy, dedicated deep threat guy, and valve guy. Healthy balance of running and passing and exploiting matchups.
Here's one for starters. Info is from October 2014 so it doesn't have last year's numbers but still.

Brady completed 20 of 66 deep passes last season, and his 39.4 accuracy percentage (PFF’s rating that accounts for drops) ranked 25th in the league. Brady’s deep-passing accuracy has dropped nearly every year since 2007, when he completed 31 of 73 passes (50.7 accuracy percentage) that traveled over 20 yards.

2014: 1 of 16 (6.3 percent)
2013: 20 of 66 (39.4 percent)
2012: 20 of 84 (40.5 percent)
2011: 20 of 60 (41.7 percent)
2010: 17 of 45 (44.4 percent)
2009: 19 of 68 (32.4 percent)
2007: 31 of 73 (50.7 percent)

Jarnet87

Why do you say that he sucks and has poor production?

I didn't watch any Titans games and I'm only going by numbers at this point, but on the surface, I wouldn't classify 6 sacks/season for three consecutive years as "poor production."

thought sack numbers would be higher as a whole. Its not poor production, especially when you take into account how bad the Bucs passrushers are.

Tom Penny

High quality d-linemen are cheap right now, corners ain't. Sign linemen at good value, draft corners.

Bill's doing it right.

I just want one man corner to be able to switch to man. I hate zone defense. What strange is despite playing man last year the Pats blitzed less than any other team.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kenny Stills is on the trading block?

Come on, Mayhew. You know you want to.

MechDX

Does he know how to do a proper tackle?

2. Rahim Moore
2014 Grade: +2.4
2014 Snaps: 1150

After an injury-shortened 2013, Moore bounced back to grade positively in coverage last season. Only two safeties bested his five interceptions and he had among the lowest Yards per Cover Snap at the position (0.25). Run defense is a question mark, as he graded at -3.3 there in 2014, with missed tackles one of the main issues. However, he’s shown ability defending the run before, as his 2012 season indicates, and considering his age (25, the youngest player on this list), Moore should still be one of the most coveted defensive backs once free agency starts.

yes? No? Maybe?

Still a great signing

And its cheap!

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL · 41s41 seconds ago
FS Rahim Moore agrees to 3 year deal for $12 million with Texans.

damn that is a bargain of a deal for Moore. Wonder why Elway didn't re-sign for that such a depleted draft for the safety position apparently. But I will believe in Elway

bionic77

As much as they are cheating cunts I have to agree with their main advantage comes from their flexibility.

But why haven't more coaching staffs copied this? Are they too dumb? Can this strategy only be pulled off if you are a cheating cunt?

Most teams stick to one way of playing and are extremely slow to adapt. I know it is hard to coach a player up to even one system, so maybe this is the Cheats greatest talent (or at least tied with fucking married women on the sly). The Pats somehow change the gameplan every week while also evading justice for their many crimes.

Top Bottom