• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

rando14

Great signing by the Texans, congrats Mech!!

Man, if Clowney could come back healthy, crank that D-line up to god-tier levels... would love to see the Texans D take off

tmdorsey

I don't mind the idea of putting Clayborn out there (with a possible chip on his shoulder and new environment) with whichever DE we get at #8 in the draft. It can't be any worse than what we trotted out there last season.

Although it would be nice to pick up Morgan also since he didn't sign with Tampa.

Tom Penny

As much as they are cheating cunts I have to agree with their main advantage comes from their flexibility.

But why haven't more coaching staffs copied this? Are they too dumb? Can this strategy only be pulled off if you are a cheating cunt?

Most teams stick to one way of playing and are extremely slow to adapt. I know it is hard to coach a player up to even one system, so maybe this is the Cheats greatest talent (or at least tied with fucking married women on the sly). The Pats somehow change the gameplan every week while also evading justice for their many crimes.

LOL Steelers use the same Perkins Erhardt system.

Farooq

Banned
Relieved Murray's situation is over with. I was really nervous that Dallas might buckle and overpay for him. Glad they didn't.

Judging by how this FA is going, Dallas could recieve several compensatory picks next draft. The Cowboys are only behind the Ravens in total number of compensatory picks received in the past decade (stupid sexy Ozzie).

Excited about this year's draft class though. If Dallas landed Ajayi in the second, I would be so fucking happy.

bionic77

LOL Steelers use the same Perkins Erhardt system.
We are honest to a fault in a shitty, corrupt and racist league.

The Steelers were the team that were responsible for bringing black coaches and black presidents to America.

The Patriots legacy will be a cum stained disaster involving cheating, cuntery, wife fucking and the occasional murder (or wives and friends).

Fox318

Im excited to see what Todd Bowles can do

YuS15Ag.jpg

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m2 minutes ago
49ers announced they have released WR Stevie Johnson, re-signed QB Blaine Gabbert to two-year deal and TE Garrett Celek to one-year deal.

Kap trade incoming?

Jets defense can theoretically do *everything* well, provided they fill in two things - an edge rusher (maybe Coples can finally break out and do that) and a real FS (Gilchrist signing? Can Milliner be converted?).

...then, the Jets need only to keep their QB upright and not turn the ball over so damn much, and they have a puncher's chance to make the playoffs even as currently constructed.

Striker

Giants need to get Cam Jordan I would give up this year's 3rd round pick...
I'd do it for a 3rd. He's young. They definitely need to sign another DE, DT, OG, and probably two Safeties.

Grubbs would've been a terrific get, but oh well. Still there is Ron Parker out there.

brentech

He will be traded to the eagles along with our first round pick and an autographed pwill plad shirt for Sam bradford

i was at a store today and came across a big duracell cardbard endcap thing with P Willis cutout on it. Made me sad.

Might not be 30 yet, but he's put in some tough years. If he wants out, probably deserves it.

Milchjon

Is BB intent on showing the SB was all his doing?

I mean, I can understand the problem with Revis. I really don't understand letting Browner go, though.

i was at a store today and came across a big duracell cardbard endcap thing with P Willis cutout on it. Made me sad.

Might not be 30 yet, but he's put in some tough years. If he wants out, probably deserves it.

He might regret it after tomsula wins the superbowl this ye... I'm sorry I can't actually finish that sentence

Tom Penny

I mean, I can understand the problem with Revis. I really don't understand letting Browner go, though.

Because Browner ain't shit without Revis. He led the league in penalties in half a season because if he doesn't get hands on guys he's burned and needs help over the top. If they go more zone he's essentially worthless.

Respect

I assume the secondary will go back to zone, not browner's strength. My guess is they will rely on the pass rush to help compensate...Easley with a full offseason (and hopefully a full healthy season), jones in a contract year, sheard signing, they may even make a run at hardy.

EDIT: Collins is also pretty good on the blitz...he is so good in coverage for a LB though, might change if there is a reliance on QB pressure.

Top Bottom