• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Link

The Autumn Wind
Wild. After Jordan Cameron’s 2-year, $15M offer was reported, the #Dolphins jumped in. They are now negotiating with him. Hadn’t previously--Twitter

So he did have a deal with the Browns but then the Dolphins called?
That's... kinda scummy.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Funny, that's Mayhew in the Lions front office too.

For the most part Mayhew has been one of the best GMs in the league. He has loaded this team with young talent and his free agency moves have been great.

Grover Quin over Dashon Goldston, Golden Tate, quickly replacing Suh with Haloti Ngata. He's also signed plenty of undrafted FAs like Joe Fauria, Joique Bell and LaAdrian Waddle. He let Cliff Avril, Willie Young etc. walk away and easily replaced them at far cheaper prices.

Even in his misses in the draft like Jahvid Best or Titus Young there is no doubt the talent was there but they didn't work out. I'm also still not giving up on Eric Ebron. Give the guy one more season before we start piling on. He has his misses like all GMs but he's built a hell of a team considering he took over the 0-16 2008 Detroit Lions.

For the most part Mayhew has been one of the best GMs in the league. He has loaded this team with young talent and his free agency moves have been great.

Grover Quin over Dashon Goldston, Golden Tate, quickly replacing Suh with Haloti Ngata. He's also signed plenty of undrafted FAs like Joe Fauria, Joique Bell and LaAdrian Waddle. He let Cliff Avril, Willie Young etc. walk away and easily replaced them at far cheaper prices.

Even in his misses in the draft like Jahvid Best or Titus Young there is no doubt the talent was there but they didn't work out. I'm also still not giving up on Eric Ebron. Give the guy one more season before we start piling on. He has his misses like all GMs but he's built a hell of a team considering he took over the 0-16 2008 Detroit Lions.
Restore the Matt millen #2015!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
On the topic of Martin Mayhew, Detroit just signed Tyrunn Walker (DT) from New Orleans.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/3/12/8205843/lions-sign-tyrunn-walker

New Orleans beat writer:

@JeffDuncan_: Tyrunn Walker was by far the Saints' best interior pass rusher. Very good rotational player inside.

@RapSheet: Per @SKiernan78, non-tendered DL Tyrunn Walker signs for 1-year, $1.75M w/ $750k bonus with #Lions. Played 28% of snaps. Had crazy interest.

@RapSheet: You’ve probably never heard of new Lions DL Tyrunn Walker. I hadn’t either. The amount of interest by smart personnel people was staggering

@SideLionReport: Interesting comparison from @PFF:

Nick Fairley: 297 snaps, +9.8 overall
Tyrunn Walker: 284 snaps, +7.8 overall

Only jersey I own is a Sherman one that my mom got me for Christmas since it was the only one they had left. Never worn it during a game though. I still have a John Kitna one from when I was little as well.

MechDX

If you are cheap or looking for kids jerseys hit up TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. ...see them all the time. I have seen Texans, Broncos, Ravens , Packers in some of the local ones here

Really random.

Broncos need to bring back the old logo. Saw someone talking about it the other day and it is far superior to the one they use now.

I agree. I wish they could at least bring it back a couple times a year, but helmet rules don't allow it.

Too bad because it's way more iconic then the current one.
Imagine The Broz rockin' these colors.

71589141_crop_650x440.jpg

Brings a tear to my eye.

On the topic of Martin Mayhew, Detroit just signed Tyrunn Walker (DT) from New Orleans.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/3/12/8205843/lions-sign-tyrunn-walker

New Orleans beat writer:

Came in here to post this. After shitting on Mayhew earlier I will say...I really like this move. Dude sounds legit according to every measurable I see. I'm assuming he'll start alongside Ngata.

Honestly I no longer think we absolutely need to take a DT in the first round. I'm leaning toward OL. DT in the second or third round. RB as well. Trading away the 4th and 5th limits what we can do.

LJ11

With Jordan Cameron going to the Dolphins, I have to hope that the Browns sign Charles Clay instead of the Bills. Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay, and LeSean McCoy would be hell to defend.

Did Clay ever scare you with the Dolphins? I was never truly worried about him, every once in a wall he'd rip off a big chunk play, but was he a consistent force on O? I don't get the love. Not being a homer, I could see Roman getting a lot out of him like he did Delanie Walker, but Walker was a good run blocker. Not really sure what to think of Clay, I see a good athlete but where is the production? Is Clay just getting started, worth a 8m per pay day? I don't know.

Edit: I'd like the Bills to give Gragg a shot, he's a great athlete, measurables show it. Smaller TE, but showed an ability to run block. See similarities to Clay. Hope he gets a shot with the new staff.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sure it's not legit since this guy is the only one saying it, but

Yeah I guess it was BS. Now they are saying it was 2 years at 5 mil per. Sounds more reasonable.

noooo was hoping the pats would land him.

AFC east is getting stacked. Every year it seems like it might be "the year" that somebody steps up, but damn these are some crazy ass moves. Bills fall to 3rd now behind Jets followed closely by dolphins in terms of talent.

Culliver is still out there right? Any word yet?

cajunator

Banned
Came in here to post this. After shitting on Mayhew earlier I will say...I really like this move. Dude sounds legit according to every measurable I see. I'm assuming he'll start alongside Ngata.

Honestly I no longer think we absolutely need to take a DT in the first round. I'm leaning toward OL. DT in the second or third round. RB as well. Trading away the 4th and 5th limits what we can do.

He was a good rotational lineman. Not starter material but good enough.

Greg Hardy definitely fits the raider profile.

I'm contractually obligated to hate them but I will admit the league is more fun when the raiders are good

Did Clay ever scare you with the Dolphins? I was never truly worried about him, every once in a wall he'd rip off a big chunk play, but was he a consistent force on O? I don't get the love. Not being a homer, I could see Roman getting a lot out of him like he did Delanie Walker, but Walker was a good run blocker. Not really sure what to think of Clay, I see a good athlete but where is the production? Is Clay just getting started, worth a 8m per pay day? I don't know.

Exactly once.

2013-12-0813_09_32.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

What about Melvin Gordon at 23? We need another playmaker on offense and I think Gordon would be perfect.

I've never been a fan of taking offensive lineman with a first round pick.

Also check out Darius Slay tweet:

@_bigplayslay9: I need to meet @RichHomieQuan dude keep it 💯💯💯

Bowser

Sure it's not legit since this guy is the only one saying it, but

Yeah I guess it was BS. Now they are saying it was 2 years at 5 mil per. Sounds more reasonable.

Seems like Florio has separately "confirmed" it:

PFT’s Mike Florio confirms the Raiders have interest in Hardy, who is on the commissioner’s exempt list stemming from domestic violence charges that were eventually dismissed. The NFL has ruled that Hardy can sign with a club in the interim, though more discipline is possible.

Florio confirmed the Hardy and Raiders interest. Kinda surprised considering all the work they do with the Biletnikoff foundation. Don't think Al would have considered signing him, but I guess Mark is getting desperate to win.

What about Melvin Gordon at 23? We need another playmaker on offense and I think Gordon would be perfect.

I've never been a fan of taking offensive lineman with a first round pick.

Also check out Darius Slay tweet:

@_bigplayslay9: I need to meet @RichHomieQuan dude keep it 💯💯💯

No justification for an RB in the first round. This draft is too deep at RB to do it. We could get Yeldon or Langford in the second or third round, depending on how things shake out.

I want to solidify the OL. 23 is a good spot for one of the best big o-line guys to fall to us.

Bread

Banned
Guys today is mech's birthday so don't forget to send him plenty of homoerotic Watt pix

It's someone else's birthday too but he celebrated it 40 something days ago when Tommy boy came through and made us all proud.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Guys today is mech's birthday so don't forget to send him plenty of homoerotic Watt pix

It's someone else's birthday too but he celebrated it 40 something days ago when Tommy boy came through and made us all proud.

Happy Birthday, Mech.

Fuck that other guy.

MechDX

I just got a Happy Birthday email from the official San Diego Chargers message boards. Ironic!

lmao. Browns apparently raised season ticket prices because they lost less than 10 games for the second time in 12 years, so great excuse. on a Browns forum, someone posted how they reacted when they received the "offer"

qHn2vj0.jpg

Top Bottom