• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Spinluck

Good morning Spinbro!!

Wait a minute

7XfT83H.gif

Rando pls, I only emphasized you because you are special friend!

iosa

No clue what the next move for the Eagles is but it has to be a FA safety right? Are there any even left?

What's the site that can provide cap information? I'd like to see where they stand now with all these cuts and additions.

Ron Parker is a name to watch in FA. A trade is not out of the question either.

As for the cap number, Eagles stands at 13M under after yesterday. The site is overthecap.com

minx

As for the cap number, Eagles stands at 13M under after yesterday. The site is overthecap.com

Wow the Raiders currently only have 23 players on their roster with for 2016 with 101 million in cap space. That can't be right can it?

effzee

Thank you stranger friend.

Can someome sell me on Parker?

Graded out bad and just doesn't seem worth it. The again we have no starting safety to replace Nate Allen so anything at this point is an upgrade.

Can't believe the Cheats were able to keep McCourty.

minx

Thank you stranger friend.

Can someome sell me on Parker?

Graded out bad and just doesn't seem worth it. The again we have no starting safety to replace Nate Allen so anything at this point is an upgrade.

Can't believe the Cheats were able to keep McCourty.

Bears are interested in Parker as well. It's not worth it but teams don't let good safeties go and are hard to draft due to difficult position to evaluate at the college level.

SonnyBoy

I hope he signs with them so the Lions won't do it.

Speaking of which. I say this without doing any research, I kinda hope my Skins grab Reggie simply for 3rd down and return duties.

That being said, I doubt he'd want to do that. And I'm not sure where he's at health-wise. With the state of the RB position and his previous injuries, I'd think that someone could get him on a budget, 1 year deal so he can "prove himself".

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I would like it if the Pats signed some guys today. Fairley and Reggie Bush would do.

It'll be interesting to see where Bush lands at and at what price. His value is greatly diminished and his production dropped off drastically compared to 2013 but his ankles never seemed to get better.

He'd be a solid fit for the Pats for about 10 games out of the year and is good for a few explosive plays out of the year.

Hammer24

Banned
Ira Kaufman ‏@IKaufmanTBO · 34 Min.Vor 34 Minuten
With two former Chicago safeties on the Buc roster, veteran safety Dashon Goldson awaits his fate under head coach Lovie Smith.

I´d be surprised if we keep him.

LevelNth

Banned
I'm curious to know the contractual details. But I wouldn't count on it, not with our current GM. Those days are gone.
LaCanfora is saying $32m, 8m per. I only care for compensatory, so awesome for us! I'm sure the structure and guarantees will drastically change it of course.

gutshot

Sam Bradford = Marcus Mariota?

Last year in one of his regular "Ask 5" segments, where he asks 5 NFL execs the same question, the subject was Marcus Mariota's best pro comparison. He got several of the answers you might expect (Kaepernick, RG3) but the last answer seems extremely relevant right now.

The last NFL exec said the best pro comp for Mariota was Sam Bradford. "He's a more athletic version of Sam Bradford," said the exec.

Jeremiah agreed.

"The quick decision making, quick release, accurate guys that's what Mariota is and that's what Sam Bradford has," he said. "I think he's a much better thrower coming out than Mariota is."

Jeremiah echoed those sentiments at the end of last year writing, "Personally, I thought Bradford was more a accurate passer in college than Mariota."

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...riota-best-pro-comparison-sam-bradford-eagles

LevelNth

Banned
So 2016 compensatory for the Niners is looking better than this year already:

Iupati -> Cancelled out by Torrey Smith
Culliver -> 4th
Skuta -> 5th
Gore -> 5th or 6th

Dockett and Simpson don't count against as they were both cut by their respective teams. Hopefully someone throws Cox $5m or so a year and we can snag another 5th, which puts us at the cap of 4.

We likely won't have any other FA signings that will negate any of these, as they will all be either too small or the players will have been cut.

EDIT: Funny how I totally forgot about Crabtree (forgettable player), even though he likely will end up getting signed. I wonder if someone would give him a 1 year at $4m or something...

Bowser

Didn't see it posted, but in addition to signing Orakpo (4 years, $32m), the Titans also re-signed Derrick Morgan (4 years, $30m).

That's a lot of money tied up in injury prone and mediocre pass rushers.

SonnyBoy

Didn't see it posted, but in addition to signing Orakpo (4 years, $32m), the Titans also re-signed Derrick Morgan (4 years, $30m).

That's a lot of money tied up in injury prone and mediocre pass rushers.

Which is why I'm somewhat happy about getting Culliver. For the same money, we obtained a player that has been relevant. I still want to see the numbers before getting too happy.

Orakpo has garnered about 3 sacks in the last 2-3 seasons, I think.

Bowser

Jonathan Stewart has the third highest guaranteed money total for RB in the league behind LeSean McCoy (on his new contract) and Adrian Peterson.

Fuckin Hurney

We can designate him a post-June 1 cut after this season and open up $5.75m in cap space. I fully believe 2015 will be his last season as a Panther. We'll prob spend a 4th or 5th this year to groom his eventual replacement (think Gaffney was supposed to be that last season, but sleazeball Belichick stole him).

Pepiope

Best comparison is RG3 due to injury history.

Best scenario would be Mariota falling to us. We have 1 year left with Bradford and if it doesn't work out Mariota could start and take over 2016.
We're already working on extending Bradford. I don't think we get MM even if he falls to us.

LevelNth

Banned
Which is why I'm somewhat happy about getting Culliver. For the same money, we obtained a player that has been relevant. I still want to see the numbers before getting too happy.
Regardless of the numbers, Cully is good. He is maddeningly inconsistent and will try your patience at times when he disappears for whole games, but putting him with Breeland instantly upgrades your secondary quite a bit IMO.

We would've resigned him if we didn't have Brock at a much better contract value and 2nd year guy Dontae Johnson, who flashed times of being our best corner last year in his rookie season.

Jarnet87

I guess Dashon Goldson was just never that good. I knew he was a coverage liability in SF, but at least he hit hard. He's really just not that great

I have no idea why he's been played at free safety all these years, the man has no coverage skills. He can however deliver some hard hits and has the size to help in run support. he is a much better fit at strong safety. I think we'll cut him instead of moving him to SS. Was Mark Barron playing FS in St. Louis? He's listed on the depth chart at FS, which is the position I thought he suited better.

Another waste of a draft pick that was. In hindsight it would of been lovely to have Luke Kuechly but I think if we had stuck at 5 we would of taken Claiborne.

ampere

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 17s17 seconds ago
Jerry Jones wanted to pay DeMarco Murray $7 million/year. His son Stephen said no. Guess who's running them #Cowboys:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lettin...owboys-035337598.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

They must have gagged and bound Jerrah

I'll eat crow if need be, but I see the boys doing fine with the run game and no Murray, and whoever starts for Dallas perfoming better than Murray on the Eagles. Or at least the overall backfield in Dallas playing superior

$89.4M/y $8.4M/y was not a smart move by Chump Kelly

Top Bottom