• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Happy B'day Mech!

post-51755-brian-hoyer-Vine-victory-dance-PlUx.gif

HawkeyeIC

Perfect post to archive and bring back in Week 7 when everyone is gushing all over Dontae Johnson. We don't need a CB, we have our three starters and back up depth already.

Learn to stop worrying and love the Baalke. He doesn't draft for the current year ever. His class last year is lights out.

He drafts well about every 3rd year:

2011 - great
2012 - worst class ever
2013 - meh (other than reid)
2014 - looking good, but that first rounder is still a question mark

we'll see about Johnson.

Enron

Banned
eh. don't care about mcfadden. Dallas is still drafting a RB.

Dallas is only on the hook for the bonus money so 200k guaranteed for mcfadden and that's it.

Bread

Banned
Ok I'll write it here then. My will demands that BG plays Xbox with boban every day and also takes my spot in the madden league. That's my only demand. No cops.

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 17s17 seconds ago
Jerry Jones wanted to pay DeMarco Murray $7 million/year. His son Stephen said no. Guess who's running them #Cowboys:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lettin...owboys-035337598.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

They must have gagged and bound Jerrah

Stephen is also the reason we got Martin instead of Johnny

I think they have a permanent "Jerry room" that they don't let him out of when it comes to decision time

That's the most important room in football

Pepiope

I hope extending him lowers the cap hit.

But no way do they pass MM if he falls to them.
He won't fall to them, but do we really draft a QB in the first round after investing in Bradford and having holes than need to be filled in the draft? I doubt it.

BigAT

Stephen is also the reason we got Martin instead of Johnny

I think they have a permanent "Jerry room" that they don't let him out of when it comes to decision time

That's the most important room in football

I imagine they treat him like the little brother when you're playing Nintendo. You handed him a controller that isn't actually plugged in, then tell him "Wow, you're playing! What a good job you're doing."

Bowser

Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy has started negotiations with a team that does not want to be identified, and others are interested as well, according to his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

At this point, Rosenhaus thinks Hardy will not only find a new team but also land a strong multiyear deal.

"It's a very positive situation," Rosenhaus said Friday morning. "While we're waiting to hear from the league, we're working through it, and it has been very encouraging."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12474789/greg-hardy-talks-unnamed-team-says-agent-drew-rosenhaus

Oakland_Raiders.svg

Also wouldn't be surprised if its the Jags though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I was really hoping the Steelers would take a run at Orakpo. Oh well, guess they won't be signing any fa's of note. Like usual.

He won't fall to them, but do we really draft a QB in the first round after investing in Bradford and having holes than need to be filled in the draft? I doubt it.

Is Hundley supposed to go in the first round? I could see them taking him in the second, and a safety in the first. You can get good offensive lineman in later rounds, so I expect they'll pick up a guard and a tackle.

Farooq

Banned
eh. don't care about mcfadden. Dallas is still drafting a RB.

Dallas is only on the hook for the bonus money so 200k guaranteed for mcfadden and that's it.

Exactly, it is a low risk FA signing. Next is the draft, and then bringing in UDFAs into TC. Stack the deck and see what emerges.

Bowser

So the Rams suck ass on offense and have a great defense, particularly the line.

They respond by signing an interior defensive lineman.

Ok.

effzee

If MM is at 20 and Chip passes on him it would be monumentally stupid.

No matter how much he likes Stafford, he loves MM more and the only reason he can't get him is cause of the compensation.

There is no guarantee Stafford is ever the same so he is a risk. They would have to get MM.

squicken

Rams corners still suck. What is maddening is they will play off coverage, giving easy, quick throws that negate the pass rush. And when they do try and jump a route they get beat on a double move.

But that's another first round pick on the DL. Long, Donald, Fairley, Brockers, and Quinn. That's why the offense sucks

Rotoworld said:
According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Browns have "strong interest" in free agent WR Dwayne Bowe.

If the Browns sign Bowe to "complement" Brian Hartline on the perimeter, their inability to score touchdowns would be downright terrifying for opposing field goal units. Browns placekicker Garrett Hartley could have a huge year.

dang, who pissed off Rotoworld today

No matter how much he likes Stafford, he loves MM more and the only reason he can't get him is cause of the compensation.

There is no guarantee Stafford is ever the same so he is a risk. They would have to get MM.

Friday the 13th struck your brain.

Tom Penny

Does Kas know about this.

I think dallas won't go for an RB in the first. They'll probably wait until the 2nd round where it should come down to either Ajayi, Duke Johnson, or Tevin Coleman.

Gurley seems like an opportunity to buy low on a player coming off an injury, which it seems like Dallas does often. If he's close to full strength when the season starts, we won't miss Murray. Watched him a ton at UGA (my wife is in grad school there, so I've become a fan), he's been the best player in college football for the past 2 years. Gordon would be a nice option, but he's not at the talent level of Gurley.

Don't really know what the RB position is going to look next year. Honestly, if Randle wasn't an idiot I wouldn't feel that uncomfortable if the bulk of the carries went to him and McFadden.

Pepiope

Then you've effectively wasted a 4th in 2015, a 2nd in 2016, and 13M in cash. I can't see it happening. Bradford, whether it like it or not, is the QB next season.

gutshot

I feel bad for Nick Foles. From Chip Kelly's offense with McCoy and Maclin and Ertz to.... uh... who do the Rams have on offense again?

Top Bottom