• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

SonnyBoy

Regardless of the numbers, Cully is good. He is maddeningly inconsistent and will try your patience at times when he disappears for whole games, but putting him with Breeland instantly upgrades your secondary quite a bit IMO.

We would've resigned him if we didn't have Brock at a much better contract value and 2nd year guy Dontae Johnson, who flashed times of being our best corner last year in his rookie season.

Gotcha. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Hall, as he's been rumored to transition to free safety. Obviously as you stated Breeland and Cully will start, I'd assume Amerson would kick down to the slot (if he can play it).

McFadden will always have a special place for me with his 2010 performance. I drafted him late rounds and he killed it for me in route to second place that year.

rando14

Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL
Souce texts back Fairley #Rams deal "immenant "

YnyjiZ5.gif

SonnyBoy

Redskins are having a pretty nice offseason. Scot McCloughan was probably the most underrated team acquisition this offseason.

I refuse to get excited or happy but you're right. I won't say he's the best acquisition thus far but his philosophy with the 9ers and Sea are proven. You can see that he's implementing the same strategy here thus far. Games are won on Sunday, but the philosophy is sound.

rando14

Redskins are having a pretty nice offseason. Scot McCloughan was probably the most underrated team acquisition this offseason.

Arguably the best talent evaluator in the NFL. Just watch, Skins gonna be pulling Kam Chancellors and Navorro Bowmans in late rounds.

Skip still crying about the Packer game calling the crime of the century like his team didn't benefit from a wronged call the prior week. Skip never change I like my morning sports comedy.

SonnyBoy

Arguably the best talent evaluator in the NFL. Just watch, Skins gonna be pulling Kam Chancellors and Navorro Bowmans in late rounds.

Please don't jinx this for me. Please don't. LOL I haven't experienced success, I don't know what it feels like to have direction and a real philosophy.

ampere

Skip still crying about the Packer game calling the crime of the century like his team didn't benefit from a wronged call the prior week. Skip never change I like my morning sports comedy.

Even this huge Dallas fan in my office admits that. Said it pissed him off, but they got a freebie against Detroit so how can he complain too much

MRSA

Banned
Last season McFadden actually played an entire season for once in his career. But he's not the same runner pre-Lisfranc. Doesn't have violence running the ball anymore

I got my new driver's license today. I became an organ donor for the hell of it.

Byron Maxwell was on WIP this morning, and Angelo Cataldi asked him if he thought the call to throw at 2nd and goal on the 1 yard line and he said he thought it was a mistake. I wasn't sure if he'd try to be more political about it but he just admitted it. You could really hear the pain in his voice over the loss.

I got my new driver's license today. I became an organ donor for the hell of it.

Byron Maxwell was on WIP this morning, and Angelo Cataldi asked him if he thought the call to throw at 2nd and goal on the 1 yard line and he said he thought it was a mistake. I wasn't sure if he'd try to be more political about it but he just admitted it. You could really hear the pain in his voice over the loss.

RIP

Patricia Traina retweeted
#Giants guard John Jerry is visiting the #Titans today, per sources. Started 48 games over last 3 seasons in NY and Miami

Ok in pass pro, shit in the run game. Won't be terribly sad to see him go though he was ok depth I guess.

Bread

Banned

Good. I hope he cried too!

I use my Facebook almost exclusively to follow bands and keep up with tour dates etc. So I logged in and see notice that Alice in chains is touring and I want to go. I go to their page and see all these seahawks posts from nfcc, leading up to the superbowl, halftime pics from their seats.... then nothing. Lulz

Kinda curious to see what DMC can do behind that o-line. He had opportunities for big runs this year at times but displayed Trent Truck like vision and would instead run into a lineman's ass.

Health wise he seems to be in good shape, and I think he's actually the same age as Murray, 27.

Edit: I'm sure they'll probably still draft a guy too tho.

Bread

Banned
I use my Facebook almost exclusively to follow bands and keep up with tour dates etc. So I logged in and see notice that Alice in chains is touring and I want to go. I go to their page and see all these seahawks posts from nfcc, leading up to the superbowl, halftime pics from their seats.... then nothing. Lulz
Layne Staley would have been a Pats fan

HawkeyeIC

I've been OK all offseason 9ers fans, but Cully getting $8m/year means that Cox ain't coming back either and we now have one corner (and a slot guy who is a safety and had a pretty bad rookie season).

Not. Good.

ampere

Their pain sustains you eh? hehe

I've been OK all offseason 9ers fans, but Cully getting $8m/year means that Cox ain't coming back either and we now have one corner (and a slot guy who is a safety and had a pretty bad rookie season).

Not. Good.

If Brock can stay healthy he is ok. I liked dontae last year. We have some young guys too but I expect we draft another cb in the first 3 rounds.

Baalke knows how to draft defense. I'll give him that

LevelNth

Banned

Not. Good.
Perfect post to archive and bring back in Week 7 when everyone is gushing all over Dontae Johnson. We don't need a CB, we have our three starters and back up depth already.

Learn to stop worrying and love the Baalke. He doesn't draft for the current year ever. His class last year is lights out.

MechDX

Thanks for all the birthday wishes NFL GAF. I did not get one from BG and that hurts bad man..... now on to other things:

Remaining players on PFT's top 100 FA list:

Greg Hardy - DE
Nick Fairly - DT
Percy Harvin - WR
CJ Spiller - RB
Michael Crabtree - WR
Dwayne Bowe - WR
Stefen Wisniewski - C
Jermaine Gresham - TE
Tramon Williams - CB
Patrick Robinson - CB
Cecil Shorts - WR