• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Happy B'day Mech!

post-51755-brian-hoyer-Vine-victory-dance-PlUx.gif

Such happy times. :(

Farooq

Banned
I think dallas won't go for an RB in the first. They'll probably wait until the 2nd round where it should come down to either Ajayi, Duke Johnson, or Tevin Coleman.

I agree, they will probably target someone in the second. RB is one position that will probably have a run going in the second with multiple RBs flying off the board.

gutshot

Then you've effectively wasted a 4th in 2015, a 2nd in 2016, and 13M in cash.

How so? Bradford still has value around the league. You could trade him and get some value back. Or keep him and let him play. If he tears it up, well then you in the fortunate position of having two valuable assets at the most important position on the field.

squicken

I feel bad for Nick Foles. From Chip Kelly's offense with McCoy and Maclin and Ertz to.... uh... who do the Rams have on offense again?

2 linemen who have ever started a game, Kenny Britt, Tre Mason and Tavon

e:

Rams beat writer says Rams players a little miffed at the way they treated Bradford.

e2:

Does Stills to MIA put Wallace on the chopping block?

rando14

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 55s55 seconds ago
Source: The #Saints are in the process of trading WR Kenny Stills to the Miami #Dolphins.

Could be a great get for the Fins

Antrel Rolle just finished his last appearance with Joe and Evan.

Thanked the NY fans. Says he has a tattoo of NY on his chest and no matter what, he'll always be Big Blue in his heart but he wants to continue his career. He was very emotional throughout.

Trel was on the decline last year but you're getting a hell of a leader, Chicago. If he still has something left in the tank, your defense will benefit greatly from it.

I wish him the best. Things were rocky early on but he quickly converted into a Coughlin team first dude and he had some great years with us.

Pepiope

How so? Bradford still has value around the league. You could trade him and get some value back. Or keep him and let him play. If he tears it up, well then you in the fortunate position of having two valuable assets at the most important position on the field.
No ones paying a high price when they know that MM is going to be Chips QB. Then you have to take into consideration how pissed Murray is going to be. Bradford was a huge influence on him coming here and now you've benched/traded him before they ever took a snap together.
Bradford is our QB.

effzee

Then you've effectively wasted a 4th in 2015, a 2nd in 2016, and 13M in cash. I can't see it happening. Bradford, whether it like it or not, is the QB next season.

You aren't getting it. I already said Bradford is the plan. I don't think they are moving up to get Mariota.

That said if he slips and is there at 20 there is no way in the world Chip doesn't take him

Bread

Banned
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 55s55 seconds ago
Source: The #Saints are in the process of trading WR Kenny Stills to the Miami #Dolphins.

Could be a great get for the Fins
God dammit Saints you fucks

At least Cajun loves when his team sucks, that should help with the 5 year rebuild

zychi

Banned
God dammit Saints you fucks

At least Cajun loves when his team sucks, that should help with the 5 year rebuild

I wanted him to the Bears, supposedly they offered Chicago him for a first. I would have taken that, but I guess Pace is gonna go after defense or a lineman
Antrel Rolle just finished his last appearance with Joe and Evan.

Thank the NY fans. Says he has a tattoo of NY on his chest and no matter what, he'll always be Big Blue in his heart but he wants to continue his career. He was very emotional throughout.

Trel was on the decline last year but you're getting a hell of a leader, Chicago. If he still has something left in the tank, your defense will benefit greatly from it.

I wish him the best. Thing were rocky early on but he quickly converted into a Coughlin team first dude and he had some great years with us.

I don't expect him to play great, but he will be a great locker room leader. You never hear NY media or NY fans talk great about a guy who leaves, for some reason you guys love this dude, and I'm excited to see what he can do to the mess of a locker room we have.

Enron

Banned
Gurley seems like an opportunity to buy low on a player coming off an injury, which it seems like Dallas does often. If he's close to full strength when the season starts, we won't miss Murray. Watched him a ton at UGA (my wife is in grad school there, so I've become a fan), he's been the best player in college football for the past 2 years. Gordon would be a nice option, but he's not at the talent level of Gurley.

Don't really know what the RB position is going to look next year. Honestly, if Randle wasn't an idiot I wouldn't feel that uncomfortable if the bulk of the carries went to him and McFadden.

Yeah. I went to Georgia and worked with the AD office some when i was working on the Ga Bulldog Radio Network. I'm still somewhat close to a lot of the guys that were there in the early 00s and i eat, breathe, and dream georgia football. Gurley is the best college RB i've seen in at least 10 years with the possible exception of AP. If he's there I think Dallas should grab him.

Pepiope

You aren't getting it. I already said Bradford is the plan. I don't think they are moving up to get Mariota.

That said if he slips and is there at 20 there is no way in the world Chip doesn't take him
You then ignore a hole at either G, CB, S, or WR to draft a backup QB if we still start Bradford. Chip is making win now moves, having Bradford and MM on the roster doesn't make much sense.

MechDX

I wanted him to the Bears, supposedly they offered Chicago him for a first. I would have taken that, but I guess Pace is gonna go after defense or a lineman

What? A first round pick?

Are you insane?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk · 1m1 minute ago
Per source, Colts RB Trent Richardson has filed a grievance over his January suspension. $3.184 million hangs in the balance.

Get yours Trent. get yours.

75% chance Hardy's mystery team doesn't exist
20% it's the Raiders
4% it's the Bags
.8% it's the Patriots
.2% someone else

Happy Birthday mech and bread

EDIT: Jaguars auto corrected to Bags. That seems appropriate though.

I feel bad for Nick Foles. From Chip Kelly's offense with McCoy and Maclin and Ertz to.... uh... who do the Rams have on offense again?

That's the least of his troubles. The real problem is the colossal drop in the quality of his protection. Then you have jack and shit for him to throw to and you have why I give zero fucks about Foles going to a division rival. I'd rather they stuck with Bustford just in case they ever draft some offensive talent, eventually. This isn't the best division for him to have crap protection against either.

Colasante

I'm glad I'm not a Saints fan right now. Kenny Stills is a great pickup for the Dolphins.

ONE YEAR, $5 MILLION for Nick Fairley? What the fuck!

Farooq

Banned
Gurley seems like an opportunity to buy low on a player coming off an injury, which it seems like Dallas does often. If he's close to full strength when the season starts, we won't miss Murray. Watched him a ton at UGA (my wife is in grad school there, so I've become a fan), he's been the best player in college football for the past 2 years. Gordon would be a nice option, but he's not at the talent level of Gurley.

Don't really know what the RB position is going to look next year. Honestly, if Randle wasn't an idiot I wouldn't feel that uncomfortable if the bulk of the carries went to him and McFadden.

If Gurley is available at 27, there are probably question marks about his availability early in the season. Investing a huge asset in a player that wouldn't be available early doesn't seem smart especially when there will be capable backs later in the draft. If you draft Gurley, and say he isn't ready what do you do then? You already invested a first round pick to the RB position, are you going to invest another pick as an insurance for Gurley.

You never hear NY media or NY fans talk great about a guy who leaves[/B], for some reason you guys love this dude, and I'm excited to see what he can do to the mess of a locker room we have.
Really? There's been a number of guys that have moved on from the Giants that have gotten love from us and from the media. Justin Tuck when he went to the Raiders comes to mind. He'll retire a Giant one day (same for Antrel, IMO).

Antrel was feast of famine on the back end. He could make some great plays and at other times take some really poor angles and get burned. He was asked to play nickel corner for nearly an entire season (he's a converted corner) and played that pretty decently despite being signed as a safety. Ultimate team guy.

Like I said though, he quickly became a vocal leader and was nominated as a defensive captain twice by his teammates. Apparently John Fox told him to completely be himself and let loose in the locker room. That's the biggest addition he'll bring to the Bears. If you can get something out of him on the field, even better. Last season was a really poor season for him play wise. Hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulders for you guys.

One thing - he never missed a game for the Giants. 84 games played with the team. Very healthy.

zychi

Banned
I was hoping it was a typo but damn you are serious

He'd fit the void we have right now. Alshon is the 1, Royal is the slot, Martellus is the TE, we need a #2 and can draft a #3 later in the draft eventually. Pace will pull a Millen and draft a meh WR in the early rounds.

rando14

He'd fit the void we have right now. Alshon is the 1, Royal is the slot, Martellus is the TE, we need a #2 and can draft a #3 later in the draft eventually. Pace will pull a Millen and draft a meh WR in the early rounds.

Trust me, your receiving core is NOT your void right now. Giving up a 1st for another receiver would be Trestman-esque

zychi

Banned
A first round pick for Kenny Stills?

mj-laughing.gif

I mean they clearly have no idea what theyre doing right now, sending scouts to watch Mariotta as if they can get him at #7? Everyone in Chicago is blowing Pace already, and he's just Emery 2.0. GM still being told what to do by Phillips.

If Gurley is available at 27, there are probably question marks about his availability early in the season. Investing a huge asset in a player that wouldn't be available early doesn't seem smart especially when there will be capable backs later in the draft. If you draft Gurley, and say he isn't ready what do you do then? You already invested a first round pick to the RB position, are you going to invest another pick as an insurance for Gurley.

Gurley is good enough that if he doesn't play until the 2nd half of the year, it's still a good investment. I think Randle and McFadden can be productive behind that line. Neither of them is going to all of a sudden look like Murray, but they'll keep the running game going until Gurley is ready. Gurley is a guy that Dallas would have zero shot at getting if he didn't get hurt. He was a top 10 talent, when there really isn't many of those at the RB position. Gurley is a stud.

zychi

Banned
Trust me, your receiving core is NOT your void right now. Giving up a 1st for another receiver would be Trestman-esque

It's our mess of a defense. Which still is paying an old Jared Allen to play on grass. Clearly they know what they are doing there.

Enron

Banned

No, you just give the ball to one of the other 4 rbs you have on the roster.

Bowser

What is New Orleans doing? Shipping out Grubbs, Stills, Graham, but signing Browner, Spiller? Like, I have no idea whether they're trying to tear down and rebuild or compete?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Holy shit dolphins are so stacked... what are you doing kraft were getting worse everyone around us is loading up.

MechDX

What is New Orleans doing? Shipping out Grubbs, Stills, Graham, but signing Browner, Spiller? Like, I have no idea whether they're trying to tear down and rebuild or compete?

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 4m4 minutes ago
Saints are telling traded players they're going all-in to build a defense. They now have two 1sts, a 2nd and two 3rds.

According to Rappaport they are not done:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 1m1 minute ago
The #Dolphins trading for Kenny Stills was first reported by @Rand_Getlin. It also means the #Saints are not done just yet.

Top Bottom