• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Mindlog

Happy Birthday to MechBread.
TybVQnA.jpg

Beer and steaks served at Happy hour.

Buc twitters continue to be boring as sin. Not a bad thing really. More exciting FA periods have lead to a lot of false hopes.
Winstota if you want all the oldest news available on Buc draft prospects.

MechDX

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 4m4 minutes ago
A source told me that Drew Brees was not happy with either Ben Grubbs or Kenny Stills. No coincidence that they're both gone.

It was Brees all along!

Every offseason at least one team in the division has tried to load themselves, and the media hypes it as "finally the Pats will get toppled"

And every season (except for literally one in the last 14 years) that team falls to shit and the Pats stand tall

Remember when the Jets first had Revis and Cromartie? Remember when the Dolphins signed Wallace? Remember when the Bills had Alonso?

You'd think eventually people here wouldn't get scared by everyone in that division but the Pats doing stuff.

Farooq

Banned
Gurley is good enough that if he doesn't play until the 2nd half of the year, it's still a good investment. I think Randle and McFadden can be productive behind that line. Neither of them is going to all of a sudden look like Murray, but they'll keep the running game going until Gurley is ready. Gurley is a guy that Dallas would have zero shot at getting if he didn't get hurt. He was a top 10 talent, when there really isn't many of those at the RB position. Gurley is a stud.

Yeah, I totally understand what you are saying. I am looking at it like this, Dallas has a lot of holes, especially on defense. If Dallas can get by with backs like Randle, Williams, or McFadden, I think it would be a better allocation of resources to address the weaker areas of the team with better talent. Dallas has needs at every level of the defense, if having a great offensive line can mitigate the need at RB, why invest a first round pick on a player that may not contribute immediately.

The way the team is operating now is that they don't really value the RB position as much as other positions on the team. Mike Fisher posted this tweet.

B_52WhtUwAAIQT_.jpg:large

If they draft Gurley, odds are he won't sign a second contract with the Cowboys, because the Cowboys don't believe the position has longevity anymore. I would rather invest a first on a player that the Cowboys won't use and chuck away after his rookie contract is up.

MechDX

Damn. Saints even putting bounties on their own players.

showmethevidence.jpg

Brees is evil!
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 3m3 minutes ago
So much for Saints slashing salaries. Ellerbe has 3 years and $20.95 million left on his deal. Stills has 2 years and $1.26 million on his.

So Saints were way over the cap, trade and cut to get under then take on big contracts?

Fucking Chip Kelly.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I like how that first line in the Cowboys RB excerpt is phrased, as if nobody else could take publicly-available stats from these runners and do the crunching themselves.

Buc twitters continue to be boring as sin. Not a bad thing really. More exciting FA periods have lead to a lot of false hopes.
Winstota if you want all the oldest news available on Buc draft prospects.

GM Dave Gettleman: "I've seen plenty of teams win the Super Bowl in March; the idea is to win the Super Bowl in February. That's the goal."

If boring free agencies put the team in a position to contend for years to come, I'll take them.

Respect

Curious on the chandler signing, have they lost faith in Wright? Can't see them carrying 4 TE's.
Clearly Gronk is underperforming in post-SB celebrations.

Crisco

Banned
GM Dave Gettleman: "I've seen plenty of teams win the Super Bowl in March; the idea is to win the Super Bowl in February. That's the goal."

If boring free agencies put the team in a position to contend for years to come, I'll take them.

I mean, Getts has literally done nothing so far. Yeah, I know there's been a relatively large number of signings, but most of them are 1-2 year deals for players we know will be marginal contributors. The big signings will come when the rookie contracts for the last 2 draft classes start expiring. Basically, 3 years later and we're still utterly hamstrung by Hurney's contracts.

Colasante

I still think Gronk and Wright will be the primary 2TE set, especially after Wright has a full offseason in the program, but Chandler adds another dimension to the attack. I'm just glad he's not in Buffalo. His continued dominance of the Patriots was so befuddling.

Syrinx

What is New Orleans doing? Shipping out Grubbs, Stills, Graham, but signing Browner, Spiller? Like, I have no idea whether they're trying to tear down and rebuild or compete?

How does their cap even allow the to bring in these guys in the first place? They didn't clear all that much by unloading Graham.

LJ11

I knew Chandler would end up with the Pats, they love TEs, and he always had good games against NE. Can't block for shit though.

I think the Saints are trying to scrounge together enough pieces and eke out the last bit of Brees' prime to make one last run while simultaneously preparing for the full rebuild next year.

I mean, it's not like the NFCS will be a juggernaut this year either. The Panthers are in the last year of their own rebuild and won't be legit contenders until 2016. The Bucs will be at best relying on a rookie QB, and the Falcons are a dumpster fire.

effzee

You then ignore a hole at either G, CB, S, or WR to draft a backup QB if we still start Bradford. Chip is making win now moves, having Bradford and MM on the roster doesn't make much sense.

Yes it does. Bradford is far from guaranteed to stay healthy and still has a lot to prove on the field.

Chip doesn't want to mortgage the future by giving all of this year's and next two year's picks just to get MM but giving up 1 pick for him at #20...no way he passes him up. And even if yoy factor in what they gave up to get Bradford all in all they would get Mariota for #20 this year and their 2nd round pick next year.

It's all pointless anyway. Mariota won't last till then. I still say he goes #2.

Trey

I think the Saints are trying to scrounge together enough pieces and eke out the last bit of Brees' prime to make one last run while simultaneously preparing for the full rebuild next year.

I mean, it's not like the NFCS will be a juggernaut this year either. The Panthers are in the last year of their own rebuild and won't be legit contenders until 2016. The Bucs will be at best relying on a rookie QB, and the Falcons are a dumpster fire.

You just described varying degrees of dumpster fires, it's cold of you to single out the Falcons.

You just described varying degrees of dumpster fires, it's cold of you to single out the Falcons.

I describe a dumpster fire as a terrible team with no idea on how to get better.

The Panthers aren't a great team, but they have a clear plan to improve.

I trust Lovie to at least have that team competitive in a few years.

The Falcons have no chance.

Syrinx

How can you contend in 2016 with Cam playing in Dallas?

cdyhybrid

I describe a dumpster fire as a terrible team with no idea on how to get better.

The Panthers aren't a great team, but they have a clear plan to improve.

I trust Lovie to at least have that team competitive in a few years.

The Falcons have no chance.

Are you saying that signing castoffs from the worst team in the league last season isn't going to make them better?

Striker

I would like the patriots to sign Cameron Jordan.
He's not a FA.

And apparently he's not on the block.

Ian Rapoport & #8207;@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
One player not available. RT @MikeSilver: Maybe the Rams will call about Cam Jordan. OK, I'm out...

There was a rumor of Giants-Kenny Vaccaro but it's probably just that.

Top Bottom