• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

tmdorsey

Don't think Gurley will be there in the 2nd. I think any of SD, HOU, DAL, or NE will jump on him in the back half of the 1st.

Yeah I tend to agree, even with the injury and current devaluation of the RB, I still think he's 1st round talent.

Man a backfield with Gurley, Freeman, and Smith would be your worst nightmare Bowser!

lol.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
373715_225914994132733_1887393995_n.jpg

reche-occhi-spiritati-caldwell.jpg

trust in bill or fahk you. He makes guys that suck wicked good.

sterling-moore-lee-evans-afc-championship.jpg

Screw revis, we got Moore.

Colasante

I've said this before, I was judging the AFCE based on what had been done. Admiditly I don't know the dolphins cap situation, I didn't think they could afford to bring on all the guys they have since then- Cameron and rumblings they're bringing clay back, and now stills. With Suh and Wallace on massive contracts, how can they afford to keep their young talent? Doesn't tannehill need a contract soon? That being said they're stacked now and I changed my rankings accordingly.

Am I reactionary? Hell yes, never said I wasn't. Am I concerned right now? Hell yes. Do you need to respond? NOPE. The market is dry now. Is there a trade partner? Definitely possible, but it's less likely as the days go on, period. You know why the dolphins have improved? Because they went out and got free agents, AND utilized a trade. Pats are getting down to a point where they won't be able to utilize FA to beef up their decimated secondary, I really don't understand why they've handled it the way they have.

I don't know what else to say to you at this point other than to point out that Bill Belichick is smarter than you. He's a better General Manager than you. If you think the Patriots should do something, odds are it would be a terrible decision for them to do it. You might think that winning his 4th Super Bowl a little over a month ago would make you realize that he knows what he's doing, but I guess not. msdstc knows all.

squicken

Chip loves Bradford
Fisher loves Foles.

Doesn't make sense but I think Chip has a better chance being right.

Fisher doesn't like injured players. He liked Bradford, Amendola and SJAX, but once they started missing games he wanted them gone

If only he had a good protein shake guy

Colasante

ITEMS: Reggie Bush has visited Pats as @FieldYates reported. Scott Chandler still has to meet with team b4 done. Pats not in on E Mathis.

Damn, disappointed about Mathis, but it's not a surprise. Highly unlikely they trade for a guard with a big salary after trading away Mankins last season.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't know what else to say to you at this point other than to point out that Bill Belichick is smarter than you. He's a better General Manager than you. If you think the Patriots should do something, odds are it would be a terrible decision for them to do it. You might think that winning the Super Bowl a little over a month ago would make you realize that he knows what he's doing, but I guess not.

Wow he's smarter than me!? Shocker. Did you forget how we wont said superbow? By paying guys finally. We brought in Revis, Browner, and Lafell. They didn't need to load up this offseason, just make the necassary cuts to keep the group intact, I.E. wilfork, Mayo restructure, DA restructure(done), let Vereen walk, sign some cheap prove it guys, hope easley steps up, etc.

Instead they let their 2 starting corners go, period. Could they fix this? Possibly... maybe sign some insurance on the offensive side in a guy like harvin, hartline, etc. and beef up the pass rush to mask the horrific secondary. We've got Jabaal it's a good start, and there are still options.

I'm not saying it's done, I'm commenting on the current state of the defense. I made a comment that with Culliver gone and the only real option left on FA is Cox who likely will cost too much, so I joked we're going back to 2011. I agree there's the draft- but bill is a GARBAGE GM when it comes to drafting a secondary period. There's also the trade market, but the point is it takes some real work, and it just means our choices are narrowing, which is further proving to me the pats are pretty satisfied with the roster they have in place.

You think 06 was handled properly, giving Brady virtually no weapons? We came a dropped pass away from getting to and likely winning the superbowl that year thanks to that decision.

effzee

Fisher doesn't like injured players. He liked Bradford, Amendola and SJAX, but once they started missing games he wanted them gone

If only he had a good protein shake guy

Foles has suffered serious injuries in 2 out of his 3 seasons.

And that's with a top 5 pass protect OLINE.

Good luck

Enron

Banned
Falcons-GAF,

Am I crazy for thinking if Gurley is there in the 2nd we might want to take him?

Zero chance of that for the Falcons. If they want him, they'll have to trade up out of the 2nd and into the back third of the 1st. Falcons need a RB but they need other things WAY worse.

Respect

Damn, disappointed about Mathis, but it's not a surprise. Highly unlikely they trade for a guard with a big salary after trading away Mankins last season.

Isn't he like 33 or 34 too?

trust in bill or fahk you. He makes guys that suck wicked good.

Screw revis, we got Moore.

Of course not every single move he makes is right, which team has? I think he's more than earned the benefit of the doubt though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Isn't he like 33 or 34 too?

Of course not every single move he makes is right, which team has? I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not saying everyone has to be gold, but I think Bill as a GM is solid, but he's benefited from playing with one of the greatest of all time, that alone is enough to get them there each year, at that point it's about fielding the right team. Keep in mind for 4 or 5 years they had one of the bottom 5 secondaries in the league. Was it Boyer? Was it Patricia? Whoever it was, it happened under Bill's watch. I think letting Browner and Revis go was a mistake- time to alleviate that issue, time is running out as the market dries up, hopefully they have something in mind.

I also have voiced my opinion in the past that bill has an insane EGO, his hubris knows no bounds, hell it's why he got in trouble for spygate, because he's a stubborn asshole. It's also the same reason he drafted Tavon Wilson in the 2nd round, when the guy was projected to go undrafted, because he wants to go against the grain, he does it all the time.

MechDX

We made one big signing , Mathis, but it was big need. Combine that with finally retaining our own drafted talent FINALLY makes me happy. If they resign Kendrick Lewis at safety we will have a good, young defensive backfield.

Wilfork would have been nice for filling in and mentoring Nix but oh well. Interested to see who we get now at a cheaper rate.

Colasante

Cola pls just leave Mazz be

You're right! I had hoped Patriots fans would become a more enlightened bunch after winning the Super Bowl, but alas my Will McAvoy-esque mission to civilize is doomed to fail. I forgot that Mazz abandoned the team after DeflateGate anyway, so it was my mistake for taking him off ignore. Also...

giphy.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You're right! I had hoped Patriots fans would become a more enlightened bunch after winning the Super Bowl, but alas my Will McAvoy-esque mission to civilize is doomed to fail. I forgot that Mazz abandoned the team after DeflateGate anyway, so it was my mistake for taking him off ignore.

I've stood by this and I will. If the pats had legitimately circumvented the rules, by getting approved then sneaking balls to deflate them, I wouldn't stand by a group like that. Everybody cheats, but that's some shady shit. However, I'm of the belief that spygate was overblown non-sense and deflate gate was the same. If it comes out that Brady had a significant part in deflategate I will stand by my original statements though, which ALL of them said- if this comes out as true I will be VERY conflicted.

You keep trying to bring that up as some sort of dagger in an argument, but I've never denied saying, and I won't. Do you not agree if Brady was paying ball boys or sneaking around behind the scenes, that it would be a very ugly stain on his resume?

Farooq

Banned
I like how that first line in the Cowboys RB excerpt is phrased, as if nobody else could take publicly-available stats from these runners and do the crunching themselves.

I have no problem with the wording. Anyway, it isn't so much about the availability of the data as much as using data to inform FO decisions. Now I am going to plug Dallas' research department like any good fan (regardless if it has any relevance to your post...lol). Thomas Robinson, the Cowboys director of football research has done a tremendous job of gearing the Cowboys towards a more analytical approach, whether it be the draft, or in-game decisions. Look at how well represented they were at this year's MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference.

The Cowboys are big consumers of data produced by technology (like Catapult's tracking device) and independent analysts.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Reports are that 4 teams interest and 2 made offers of 2 years 10 million

ahh last I say was around 4, looks like the pats are likely lowballing and hoping for a hometown discount, although I'm sure that would be more of a bonus for them.

Arc

Felger and Mazz are such contrarion talking heads. Their show is unbearable to listen to now that the voice of reason Bertrand is gone. I think 98.5 as a whole has been garbage for a while now. It's no wonder WEEI is catching up in ratings (even if it can be a Patriots homers paradise, but Jerry Thornton is still great).

cdyhybrid

Kyle Crabbs ‏@NDTScouting 3m3 minutes ago
Georgia Tech OG Shaq Mason ran a 4.89 40, repped 225 25 times and posted a vertical of 32.0" today at the GT Pro Day.

3BGrjCe.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I just think it's funny that the pats win a superbowl and everybodies like "pats are the fuckin best khed, they do what they want". This is what the Krafts want, just rest on their history, knowing the AFCE will be themselves, and Brady will be Brady.

I was ridiculously relieved the pats won the SB this year to get Brady his 4th and at the very least 1 more before that window shuts for good. One of these days Brady will ride off into the sunset, and the AFCE MIGHT, just MIGHT get their shit together, and people will turn on Bill quick.

The celts suck ass and I still complain about the moves they make... that being said it's not like the window is closing on those guys, so trading perk isn't gonna make a difference anymore. When Brady is gone from here and the team inevitably becomes mediocre, because everybody has to go through it, I won't just say, "welp at least we won 4 superbowls"... I'll enjoy that seperate from the team we are now.

ampere

Kyle Crabbs ‏@NDTScouting 3m3 minutes ago
Georgia Tech OG Shaq Mason ran a 4.89 40, repped 225 25 times and posted a vertical of 32.0" today at the GT Pro Day.

http://i.imgur.com/3BGrjCe.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

25 reps? Shit, my alma mater producing some beasts.

Patriots7

I'd like to sign Bush and maybe a veteran receiver if possible.

Then the draft is focused on:
- Dline
- CB
- Oline
- LB

Not as bad as an offseason as originally thought. I love the Scott Chandler and Jabaal Sheard signings. Beautiful.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
We keep working towards a deal with clay....who was saying we got rid of tannehills weapons? Lol

That was me lol, it appeared at the time they decided to go defense. I also, juding by others reactions, under the belief that 1. the dolphins were up against it with the monster Suh contract, and 2. believed reports the bills had their guys. They are stacked on both sides now. It's said every year, but as of right now the AFCE looks to be heating up in a big way.

Report: Talks Between Raiders & TE Jermaine Gresham “Are Dead For Now” http://t.co/S8rY88WoVl

Eh, not too upset about it. Rivera is a good move TE, and Smith is an excellent inline blocker.

Would be kind of funny if they went after Clay now, although I'm not as high on him as some.

I think they are mainly look for a redzone threat. Maybe they should have gotten Julious after all.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Absolutely purged his weapons. Such a shame. :(

lol you're really such a cry baby. I've said multiple times I worded that wrong, can't believe you're still butt hurt. I'm assuming it's because you called me out "prove me wrong, bet you weren't posting this time last year", and when I did, you went radio silent.

Top Bottom