• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

squicken

Gresham needs to reunite with the rest of the 2008 Sooners in Philadelphia

Lance Kendricks said he turned down more money from ATL to stay in STL. Really likes the TE coach, but still. Choosing the Rams over the Falcons has to sting

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Who's more sensitive, mrstdc or the guy who got NBA-GAF NBA-GAFed?

Hey I'm not mad, that being said I've said some pretty harmless things and people get so offended. I also think it's funny getting accused of being a bandwagoner because my post count in the thread wasn't up to his 20 ppd. People need to relax.

edit-for reference the post that started the whole ordeal was a joke about sterling moore being our corner.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155818735&postcount=14360

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Raiders, who still have Matt Schaub on the roster, are having Christian Ponder in for a visit, source says (as @MikeGarafolo mentioned)

I'd rather have Joe Webb than either of those two

squicken

I remember he played for a game last year against the pack. Legitimately the worst start I've ever seen out of a QB. He's up there with Gabbert as worst in the league.

Hard to beat what Manziel did vs Cincy as far as shittiness. Tyler Thigpen also had a pretty awesome crapstorm too

Konka

Banned
I just think it's funny that the pats win a superbowl and everybodies like "pats are the fuckin best khed, they do what they want". This is what the Krafts want, just rest on their history, knowing the AFCE will be themselves, and Brady will be Brady.

I was ridiculously relieved the pats won the SB this year to get Brady his 4th and at the very least 1 more before that window shuts for good. One of these days Brady will ride off into the sunset, and the AFCE MIGHT, just MIGHT get their shit together, and people will turn on Bill quick.

The celts suck ass and I still complain about the moves they make... that being said it's not like the window is closing on those guys, so trading perk isn't gonna make a difference anymore. When Brady is gone from here and the team inevitably becomes mediocre, because everybody has to go through it, I won't just say, "welp at least we won 4 superbowls"... I'll enjoy that seperate from the team we are now.

I think it's funny that the pats win the super bowl and suddenly half the regular posters are pats fans.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think it's funny that the pats win the super bowl and suddenly half the regular posters are pats fans.

Weird right? Good thing I've been posting since I registered. Apparently posting in here is the only way to prove your a fan LOL. I post in the already dead NBA thread to cover up that I'm a bandwagon fan and can root for terrible teams.

Hard to beat what Manziel did vs Cincy as far as shittiness. Tyler Thigpen also had a pretty awesome crapstorm too

It's true, it's hard to pick a worst with such guys as Ryan Leaf (too young to really appreciate his awesomeness), Sanchez(got a lot of that), Jruss, etc. I don't know what it was about Ponders spectacularly shitt performance, from the fact that one second he'd have a solid throw on the run, and the very next was a perfect spiral right into the arms of the defense, or some major 15 yard sack he would take.

Manziel I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now, it was his first season.......... right?

tmdorsey

Zero chance of that for the Falcons. If they want him, they'll have to trade up out of the 2nd and into the back third of the 1st. Falcons need a RB but they need other things WAY worse.

Oh I wasn't advocating trading up at all. We definitely have too many needs in other places to be giving up any picks. I was mainly talking about the off chance he's sitting there in the 2nd.

Deadspin said:
Longtime Giants safety Antrel Rolle signed with the Chicago Bears this week, but leaving New York was not a decision he treated lightly. While a guest on WFAN sports radio today, Rolle explained that he agonized over the decision, even going so far as to ask God for a sign telling him what to do. He received that sign, in the form of a price alert email from Orbitz.

Here's what Rolle had to say when he was asked what finally tipped the scales in Chicago's favor:

I just asked God—it was Sunday night before I was going to sleep—I just asked him, "God, I pray that you just give me a level head. I pray that you just give me a sign to lead me in the right direction, and I'll follow your lead."

It was Monday morning at 4:33 a.m. I never wake up in the middle of the night, and it was 4:33 Monday morning, and I got an email to my phone. And the email said, "Orbitz alert: flights to Chicago, discount fair." And I'm like, "wow," you know what I mean?

jnfuckingc

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lions have to be done until the draft.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
that defense is going to be real good next year. I like Rex, so I'm excited to see that team develop

It's been an interesting dichotomy the last 7 years as a Seahawks & Dolphins fan. Super ridiculous division vs one good team division.

spyder_ur

that defense is going to be real good next year. I like Rex, so I'm excited to see that team develop

I just get the feeling none of it matters when you are entering the season with the QBs they have. Seriously - Cassel, Manuel and Tyrod Taylor is what you are going into the season with?

I'm not really sure what they could have even done considering the FA QB class was so terrible. But I think not spending two first round picks on Sammy Watkins, even if he is good, would've been a good start.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's been an interesting dichotomy the last 7 years as a Seahawks & Dolphins fan. Super ridiculous division vs one good team division.

Ui9Tk.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I just get the feeling none of it matters when you are entering the season with the QBs they have. Seriously - Cassel, Manuel and Tyrod Taylor is what you are going into the season with?

I'm not really sure what they could have even done considering the FA QB class was so terrible. But I think not spending two first round picks on Sammy Watkins, even if he is good, would've been a good start.

Rex got to 2 AFCC with the sanchize... think about that.

Trey

Shame the Bills have no QB. Most of the core talent is signed to multiple years, so by year 2 or 3 in rex's system the team would make some noise.

So is life.

I don't know what it was about Ponders spectacularly shitt performance, from the fact that one second he'd have a solid throw on the run, and the very next was a perfect spiral right into the arms of the defense, or some major 15 yard sack he would take.

Manziel I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now, it was his first season.......... right?

Ponder I think had an arm injury in college, right? So probably lingering problems with that, plus poor defense reading skills.

As for Manziel, he's just a frat boy that never actually learned how to be a real QB. He will run one more season, then get ran out of town.

Top Bottom