• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Ui9Tk.jpg

When the AFC East was good; the NFC West was 7-9 champions bad. When the AFC East went off a cliff; about the same time the NFC West got super loaded.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ponder I think had an arm injury in college, right? So probably lingering problems with that, plus poor defense reading skills.

As for Manziel, he's just a frat boy that never actually learned how to be a real QB. He will run one more season, then get ran out of town.

Don't get me wrong after the start to his career I was way down on him, but Ponder didn't quite have the same excuse. Still Johnnies game is up there as well... I also didn't get to personally see that one ;).

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Sanchez during those years is better than any of those guys. I know he's become a running joke, but he was playing better then than any QB the Bills have put on the field in awhile.

Nah disagree, guy was always a crucial turnover machine, and his completion percentage was garb. Orton would've been a massive upgrade, but still Sanchez was always the key problem with that team. Bills defense isn't quite the same caliber that the stacked jets was, but it's damn good, and they have a good pack of weapons. There's boom or bust potential really, it could backfire with a lot of young guys, cassel meltdown, Mccoy decline or not the right fit, it always can when you insert a ton of new pieces, I just think Rex has done mostly fine with less.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I think he's referring to you being a fan of both the Seahawks and the Dolphins.

Ahh, lol.

Well, I grew up a fan of the Dolphins in Central IL (my older brother was a fan of the Dolphins because aqua is one of his favorite colors, and is my favorite color), and then was a fan of the Bears because they were the hometown team (Colts are closer, but in different state and were in the AFC East at the time with Miami IIRC).

Rams came to STL and became our third rooting interest, especially as I went to STL for college. But then I moved to Seattle; and the BeastQuake game made me a fan of the Seahawks (which meant I had to lose my rooting for the Rams...for now). So basically my rooting hierarchy is

Dolphins (1A)
Seahawks (1B)
Bears (2)
Rams (3)
Colts (4)

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ahh, lol.

Well, I grew up a fan of the Dolphins in Central IL (my older brother was a fan of the Dolphins because aqua is one of his favorite colors, and is my favorite color), and then was a fan of the Bears because they were the hometown team (Colts are closer, but in different state and were in the AFC East at the time with Miami IIRC).

Rams came to STL and became our third rooting interest, especially as I went to STL for college. But then I moved to Seattle; and the BeastQuake game made me a fan of the Seahawks (which meant I had to lose my rooting for the Rams...for now). So basically my rooting hierarchy is

Dolphins (1A)
Seahawks (1B)
Bears (2)
Rams (3)
Colts (4)

Ui9Tk.jpg

Ahh, lol.

Dolphins (1A)
Seahawks (1B)
Bears (2)
Rams (3)
Colts (4)
Ui9Tk.jpg

_woLf

Now that Harvin means jack shit to the seahawks, I'm glad he ended up on a team that won't go anywhere. It would have killed me seeing him on the patriots

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I hope the jets, dolphins and bills have disappointing seasons and miss the playoffs.

NE should have a cakewalk this year for their schedule - anything less than 12-4 means they've regressed. They get the NFC Least and AFC South. They basically play...3 good teams (Denver, Indy, Dallas) and two mediocre teams (Pitt, Houston)?

That was me lol, it appeared at the time they decided to go defense. I also, juding by others reactions, under the belief that 1. the dolphins were up against it with the monster Suh contract, and 2. believed reports the bills had their guys. They are stacked on both sides now. It's said every year, but as of right now the AFCE looks to be heating up in a big way.

Nah philbin will fuck it up anyways

Making moves. Dolphins should be lots better this year. Wanting to get that no wins vs Texans monkey off their back. ;)

Philbin is the wildcard.

We coming for you mech!

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
You root for 5 teams? Are you the worst person alive?

Wait, is this uncommon? Most of the people I know here in Seattle have at least two teams (their hometown team & the Seahawks) - and for a lot of people it is three (hometown team, collegiate based hometown team, and Seahawks). We just had a weird situation where our hometown team changed because of a new team moving in midway.

Cybit's list is more than squicken and Tabris combined I think.

I mean, in NBA I root for the Bulls (hometown team) along with Portland (closest team). For MLB; it's the Cardinals & then the Mariners.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why is Pats-age so down, they've made very respectable moves so far

I'm definitely disappointed so far. There's still time, it's just this unit last year inspired a lot of faith in terms of being able to either come from behind or make crucial stops. Right now a lot of those key pieces are gone. I'm happy we won the bowl, but I let myself believe that unit could've put together a nice run. We'll see how this next one comes together.

NE should have a cakewalk this year for their schedule - anything less than 12-4 means they've regressed. They get the NFC Least and AFC South. They basically play...3 good teams (Denver, Indy, Dallas) and two mediocre teams (Pitt, Houston)?

It's questionable really given all the personel changes in the AFCE. Again this is said often, but eventually those teams have to improve right? We'll see.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nah philbin will fuck it up anyways

We coming for you mech!

Definitely possible... something the pats have been fortunate about is the stability in the orginization in terms of TB12, BB, and the Krafts. We'll see how Philbin fares with Suh, he has more to work with this year, and Tannehill has improved year over year.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Lol, of course they do.

Something like 40-50% of Seattle's population are transplants from outside the Pacific NW in the last 20 or so years (2010 Census). Plus; as much as I hate to admit this, Seattle and Boston share the bandwagon thing; there are a lot of bandwagon fans in Seattle (this is one of the reasons MLS took off here - they were the only good team at the time they were formed). One of my coworkers is a Boston transplant who had to work from home the day after the Super Bowl, we were going to kill him, lol. He tells me Red Sox / Pats have had a ton of bandwagon fans join in the Brady era / post 2004 WS victory; and he says Seattle and Boston are the same way in that regard.

Bowser

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Former Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams is signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Good move for both.

MechDX

The contract that is on the table for Vince Wilfork is rumored to be 2 years for $10 million. #Texans

Still think he goes to Indy

I have to say, after looking into Stills a little more I absolutely love this trade. Ellerbe's contract is asinine in retrospect and there was no way he played for Miami next season regardless. He was awful at MLB his first season with the Dolphins so they moved him outside, and he got hurt in the 2014 season opener and missed the entire season. Could not have been more of a disappointment. Most beat writers expected him to be one of the first players cut. Losing a third round pick stings a bit but Stills is enough of a known quantity now to justify that and then some.

When I look at Stills I see a guy who is primarily a deep threat like Mike Wallace, only he's much better at tracking the ball and pulling it down in traffic. I'll take that over Wallace's slightly quicker feet any day.

There is a good chance Wallace isn't on the roster before too long but I feel a lot better about letting him go with Stills in town.

Chip Kelly went to the funeral of Officer Robert Wilson III to give a ball to his son. Good guy.

Every time I think about Officer Wilson getting gunned down trying to stop a robbery that occurred while buying a present for his son I have to hold back tears.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I have to say, after looking into Stills a little more I absolutely love this trade. Ellerbe's contract is asinine in retrospect and there was no way he played for Miami next season regardless. He was awful at MLB his first season with the Dolphins so they moved him outside, and he got hurt in the 2014 season opener and missed the entire season. Could not have been more of a disappointment. Most beat writers expected him to be one of the first players cut. Losing a third round pick stings a bit but Stills is enough of a known quantity now to justify that and then some.

When I look at Stills I see a guy who is primarily a deep threat like Mike Wallace, only he's much better at tracking the ball and pulling it down in traffic. I'll take that over Wallace's slightly quicker feet any day.

There is a good chance Wallace isn't on the roster before too long but I feel a lot better about letting him go with Stills in town.

Damn good trade, and a smart way to basically circumvent the need of wallace.

Something like 40-50% of Seattle's population are transplants from outside the Pacific NW in the last 20 or so years (2010 Census). Plus; as much as I hate to admit this, Seattle and Boston share the bandwagon thing; there are a lot of bandwagon fans in Seattle (this is one of the reasons MLS took off here - they were the only good team at the time they were formed). One of my coworkers is a Boston transplant who had to work from home the day after the Super Bowl, we were going to kill him, lol. He tells me Red Sox / Pats have had a ton of bandwagon fans join in the Brady era / post 2004 WS victory; and he says Seattle and Boston are the same way in that regard.

Wow, not often does a fan air out an entire State so shortly after joining but here we are.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Former Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams is signing with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Good move for both.

It was expected. Hope he can stay healthy until Bell comes back from suspension.

Top Bottom