• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Wow, not often does a fan air out an entire State so shortly after joining but here we are.

I've been here for about 7-8 years, think my coworker has been here like 10. It's just something that was a bit aggravating (the bandwagoning) for someone who is used to liking a team even when they are terrible. There are definitely lots of die-hard Seahawks fans; but there's a crazy bandwagon effect out here IMO.

EDIT: It is worth pointing out that right around the time I came; the city was (rightfully) super pissed about sports. The Sonics had just left, and people were still smarting over the Super Bowl loss to the Steelers (and the bad officiating). So that might be why it feels like it is a bandwagon effect.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CAATp4pWEAIgFEL.jpg

Dude's a midget. Why did no one warn me?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The Greatest Show on Turf 2.0 with Melvin Gordon playing as Marshall Faulk coming to a stadium near you, Fall 2015.

Restore the Roar.

zychi

Banned
Chip Kelly went to the funeral of Officer Robert Wilson III to give a ball to his son. Good guy.

Every time I think about Officer Wilson getting gunned down trying to stop a robbery that occurred while buying a present for his son I have to hold back tears.

Terrible story, did they ever find the two guys? Why would you rob a Gamestop? Surely any other store on the block would have more cash on hand

Terrible story, did they ever find the two guys? Why would you rob a Gamestop? Surely any other store on the block would have more cash on hand

Both were arrested on the scene actually. They walked right by the patrol car and initated the robbery while the officer was standing in the store. They apparently didn't see him. His partner arrested them from what I recall.

According to CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, free agent Michael Crabtree has no interest in re-signing with the 49ers.

Per Maiocco, "the 49ers rank 33rd (give or take) among teams on which he’d prefer to play next season."

Crisco

Banned
@NOTSportsCenter: With McCoy, Watkins, and Percy Harvin, the #Bills believe they now have the speed they need to chase down all the people who pick off Cassel

This has to be the tweet of the offseason.

cajunator

Banned
I like Kenny Stills a lot but seeing how the Saints have needed a linebacker for a really long time, I like the trade. Brees can get the ball to any WR who at least knows how to catch so you can pretty much plug in any competent WR to the system they should flourish. But linebacker was a heavy position of need. Now we have a 3rd round pick as well. This draft is very important and the Saints have an enormous amount of picks. Something like 9. Im used to them having around 3-4 and too far back in the draft to get real impact players. they have a solid chance to find some great ones. After the past few seasons it is clear that the players in place werent working and I like the fact that they didnt try to sit back and pretend it was. Wiping the slate clean isnt the worst thing if it leads to better things.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I like Kenny Stills a lot but seeing how the Saints have needed a linebacker for a really long time, I like the trade. Brees can get the ball to any WR who at least knows how to catch so you can pretty much plug in any competent WR to the system they should flourish. But linebacker was a heavy position of need. Now we have a 3rd round pick as well. This draft is very important and the Saints have an enormous amount of picks. Something like 9. Im used to them having around 3-4 and too far back in the draft to get real impact players. they have a solid chance to find some great ones. After the past few seasons it is clear that the players in place werent working and I like the fact that they didnt try to sit back and pretend it was. Wiping the slate clean isnt the worst thing if it leads to better things.

Yeah saints were trending downwards, they've stocked up picks and got some solid guys on defense.

cdyhybrid

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 7m7 minutes ago
Not so fast on Percy Harvin to the Bills, 49ers could be making a play per sources.

RIP Kaep

Malalaw

That is pretty identical to what I was telling friends who were ready to jump into the Atchafalaya after all the moves they were making. It's gonna be alright. People need to just relax, I like to think the front office know what they are doing.

LJ11

CAAJtIUWYAApP5b.png:large

Linsley #2

Buffalo with 2 of the top 9, wtg

Henderson wasn't a good performer though, flashed, but not what you want. Hated the Brown pick because I thought there were better LBs on the board, but to be fair, I was mostly ignorant on his college play. Played pretty fucking well.

Linsley is a fucking stud, man what a find.

cajunator

Banned
That is pretty identical to what I was telling friends who were ready to jump into the Atchafalaya after all the moves they were making. It's gonna be alright. People need to just relax, I like to think the front office know what they are doing.

Stills is awesome but honestly Id trade him for better defense in a minute.
Brees used to throw to guys like Terrence Copper, Devery stonehands Henderson, and Lance from the Cleveland practice field Moore. The WR is important but not as important as keeping Drew upright and being able to stop guys like Mike Evans, Julio Jones, and whoever the hell the Panthers have now. Drew was taking three step drops and barely having the time to get the ball to anyone because Dlines were steamrolling our once solid Oline.

Bread

Banned
My teams

1. Dolphins
2. Chargers
3. Seahawks
4a. Patriots
4b. Jets (I know, I'm a Revie fan who roots for him wherever he plays.
5. Bills (Rex Ryan is a good guy who deserves success.

jakncoke

Banned
Has bens contract extention figures been announced yet?

also that 5 team guy is lol as fuck and lol at him knowing a bunch of 2 team seahawk fans for same. do you have any honor?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Has bens contract extention figures been announced yet?

also that 5 team guy is lol as fuck and lol at him knowing a bunch of 2 team seahawk fans for same. do you have any honor?

screw you sparky; some of us move places and aren't completely blind fans. :p

EDIT: Actually leads to a funny story - my coworker who is a NE fan, his wife is from the Seattle area, and so her and all of his kids are Seahawks fans. She booted him out of the house for like 2 hours after the Super Bowl so he wouldn't get all the kids upset as he celebrated.

Slo

My teams:

1) Vikings. (born and raised)
2) Chicago. (I once worked for a company based out of Chicago)
3) Denver (I have family that lives in Denver, plus it's a really cool city)
4) 49ers (I was alive in the 1980's, hard not to like the niners when they were winning all those Super Bowls)
5) Cowboys (I was alive in the 1990s, hard not to like the Cowboys when they were winning all those Super Bowls.
6) Redskins (Because I'm racist)
7) Bucs (pity, mostly)

Slo

This posted yet?

UPDATE 4:59 p.m. ET: Ponder is likely to sign a one-year contract with Oakland, Adam Caplan of ESPN reports.

Top Bottom