• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
My teams:

1) Vikings. (born and raised)
2) Chicago. (I once worked for a company based out of Chicago)
3) Denver (I have family that lives in Denver, plus it's a really cool city)
4) 49ers (I was alive in the 1980's, hard not to like the niners when they were winning all those Super Bowls)
5) Cowboys (I was alive in the 1990s, hard not to like the Cowboys when they were winning all those Super Bowls.
6) Redskins (Because I'm racist)
7) Bucs (pity, mostly)

I love Teddy B; glad you guys got him. Can't believe he dropped that far; ugh. Vikings were pretty crappy about getting that new stadium from what I hear (good friend lives in MN and keeps me updated). The missus is at Notre Dame; so MN keeps drafting her students (Rudolph and Harrison Smith).

jakncoke

Banned
screw you sparky; some of us move places and aren't completely blind fans. :p

EDIT: Actually leads to a funny story - my coworker who is a NE fan, his wife is from the Seattle area, and so her and all of his kids are Seahawks fans. She booted him out of the house for like 2 hours after the Super Bowl so he wouldn't get all the kids upset as he celebrated.

You know blindly rooting for a team no matter how garbage they are shows more character then being a coward and rooting for the latest winner. And you know its more respectful to stick with your first team no matter where you live. Nope you dont. If you stick around expect daily jabs. deserving so as well. Its like you completed the triangle of hell bandwagon teams. tabris, you, squicken anchoring sin

Slo

I love Teddy B; glad you guys got him. Can't believe he dropped that far; ugh. Vikings were pretty crappy about getting that new stadium from what I hear (good friend lives in MN and keeps me updated). The missus is at Notre Dame; so MN keeps drafting her students (Rudolph and Harrison Smith).

What's it gonna take to get you to add them to the list?

Colasante

The Patriots are targeting WR Stevie Johnson per sources

Cool. Johnson and LaFell on the perimeter, Edelman and Amendola in the slot, Gronk at tight end... I dig it. If you can't get Revis, you might as well get the Revis-killer.

methodman

Banned
Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 2m2 minutes ago

Dianna is a killer. She's getting this info faster than schefter lol

Stevie would be a great fit with NE. He always finds ways to get open, wish the niners were able to keep him

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 2m2 minutes ago

Good pickup if so, I think he fits the Pats better then say Harvin if they got him. He looked bad mostly cause Kap really didn't sync with him and probably Kaps fault at that.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
You know blindly rooting for a team no matter how garbage they are shows more character then being a coward and rooting for the latest winner. And you know its more respectful to stick with your first team no matter where you live. Nope you dont. If you stick around expect daily jabs. deserving so as well. Its like you completed the triangle of hell bandwagon teams. tabris, you, squicken anchoring sin

If I were a bandwagon'er; I would not be a Dolphins fan. >_< Dolphins are still my no. 1 team; but living in Seattle and being part of Seattle's rise from sports apocalypse to a place where sports is actually semi important again - it is hard not to adopt them. I moved to Seattle in 2007; and Seattle was where sports went to die at that time. People were still bitter about the Sonics thing, the Mariners sucked, and the Seahawks were mediocre. I basically kept my sports fandom alive by being online more than anything. So the Seahawks making sports relevant in Seattle has been an honest to god boon in my life (as in it helped me get out of a years-long depressive funk).

EDIT: Also, I adore Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman. Sherman is a BALLER video game player (have played him in CoD, Halo, and Madden), and Lynch's lack of tolerance for the media is awesome.

The NBA is my favorite sport currently because...fuck Goodell, especially compared to Adam Silver.

What's it gonna take to get you to add them to the list?

Can't - Bears / Vikings and they were really shitty to Minneapolis about the entire stadium thing. Hell, my Rams fandom is fading rapidly; they are treating the city of St Louis really, really crappy and are trying to blackmail them to get another new stadium.

jakncoke

Banned
If I were a bandwagon'er; I would not be a Dolphins fan. >_< Dolphins are still my no. 1 team; but living in Seattle and being part of Seattle's rise from sports apocalypse to a place where sports is actually semi important again - it is hard not to adopt them. I moved to Seattle in 2007; and Seattle was where sports went to die at that time. People were still bitter about the Sonics thing, the Mariners sucked, and the Seahawks were mediocre. I basically kept my sports fandom alive by being online more than anything. So the Seahawks making sports relevant in Seattle has been an honest to god boon in my life (as in it helped me get out of a years-long depressive funk)

The NBA is my favorite sport currently because...fuck Goodell, especially compared to Adam Silver.

Can't - Bears / Vikings and they were really shitty to Minneapolis about the entire stadium thing. Hell, my Rams fandom is fading rapidly; they are treating the city of St Louis really, really crappy and are trying to blackmail them to get another new stadium.

You can try and spin it and sound all educated but you're just a filthy 2... 5 teamer to us heathen accept your fate

Slo

Listen, lets work this out. How about you add the Vikings on a probationary basis? If after 2 seasons they don't pan out, you can drop them.

I'm not so much concerned about them being the #5 team on your list, but I definitely want them to make the Top 10.

Hey cajun, you have any more thoughts on Stills?

I hope Ellerbe works out for you guys. He was good in Baltimore and was seen as a potential Ray Lewis successor but he was plain awful in Miami. Slow, bad at shedding blocks, lacking in instincts, etc. Maybe he's just not cut out for a 4-3.

cajunator

Banned
Hey cajun, you have any more thoughts on Stills?

I hope Ellerbe works out for you guys. He was good in Baltimore and was seen as a potential Ray Lewis successor but he was plain awful in Miami. Slow, bad at shedding blocks, lacking in instincts, etc. Maybe he's just not cut out for a 4-3.

Stills is really fast and a deep threat if you have a good QB.

Scott Chandler? That's all the news concerning the Ravens?

In other news Disneyland is hot and full of really trashy people wearing not enough clothes.

Happy birthday to Bread and Mech, but your March 13 duo got nothing on the April 23rd. What up Kave!

Trey

hell yes stevie Johnson, make it happen!

Good, they definitely need a tall more explosive outside WR. I might have preferred Bowe but Johnson fits too.
ZAJi8aB.jpg

Scott Chandler? That's all the news concerning the Ravens?

In other news Disneyland is hot and full of really trashy people wearing not enough clothes.

Happy birthday to Bread and Mech, but your March 13 duo got nothing on the April 23rd. What up Kave!

The Broncos and safety Darian Stewart have agreed to a two-year deal. BLarry how do Stewart play on the Ravens D? Thoughts? Good signing, meh, this is to fill the void left by Rahim Moore the dude that destroyed your franchise by allowing Flacco to get his money thanks to that one play.

Malalaw

Stills was always a threat downfield. Pretty sure handed and was just fun to watch. Will miss the guy but I hope he has a good run in Miami. He deserves it. Hopefully it helps Miami over the hump of mediocrity.

Colasante

Saints aren't done making deals. Actively shopping disgruntled CB Keenan Lewis, asking teams not to divulge their inquiries ...

Go Pats Go. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they just traded him back to the Steelers, where he actually played well.

Top Bottom