• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Sanjuro

Looks like they have around $12M remaining. Slice that in half for rookie deals roughly, and you probably have around $6M remaining before anymore cuts.

It's possible. I remember reading somewhere else there was a bit more space, but I could be wrong.

Baldinger has Gurley going #6 to the Jets?
KuGsj.gif

Some analyst, what the fuck is that guy smoking?

Sanjuro

Yeah, it's an estimate. It does take into account the Amendola restructure too. Only the NFL really knows the true number afaik.

The site I just looked at estimates around $8.5M after the draft. I keep forgetting about Mayo, who I assume will be restructured.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Your isp will realize what you are doing and cut your service

Psh; I have a half rams / half seahawks jersey the missus' dad sent me when I first moved out here. Lets go all in with a Dolphins / Seahawks / Bears / Rams / Colts jersey.

Better, I'll get a customized jersey with the #5 and either Cybit or Heretic as the name for each team and then lay them all out together.

Listen, lets work this out. How about you add the Vikings on a probationary basis? If after 2 seasons they don't pan out, you can drop them.

I'm not so much concerned about them being the #5 team on your list, but I definitely want them to make the Top 10.

Hrm....maaaybe...can we get rid of your owners first? That might put them on my "consideration" list. <strokingbeard.gif>. Right now my #10 team is "Team playing the Patriots", and my #9 team is "Team playing the 49ers".

cdyhybrid

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 14m 14 minutes ago
Broncos signing G Shelley Smith to a 2 yr, $5.65 million deal, per source.

Curtis Crabtree @Curtis_Crabtree · 2h 2 hours ago
For what it's worth, was told Seattle's visit with Stefen Wisniewski went well. No indication what that means regarding potential deal tho.

Nick Korte @nickkorte · 22h 22 hours ago
As it stands now, six teams (Patriots, Seahawks, Broncos, Cowboys, Ravens, Browns) are holding 72% of the 2016 comp picks. Not much balance.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Schefty reporting that MN traded a 5th round pick for Mike Wallace and a 7th rd pick.

Hrm; thought we could have at least gotten a 4th rd pick.

The Broncos and safety Darian Stewart have agreed to a two-year deal. BLarry how do Stewart play on the Ravens D? Thoughts? Good signing, meh, this is to fill the void left by Rahim Moore the dude that destroyed your franchise by allowing Flacco to get his money thanks to that one play.

Very average, didn't show me much last year, but he's a starting NFL safety, which is something we could use.

Malalaw

Let's go 10pm so I can go to Buffalo Wild Wings and get a screamin' nacho burger and some beer. Its gonna be one of those weekends.

harSon

Banned
Suprised steelers resigned Ben to a long deal. Figured they would move on and find a new QB. Especially since their cap is really bad

Why in the hell would we move on from Ben? This deal actually lowers his cap hit for the season, and it's not like good QB's grow on trees. And one of the biggest reasons our cap situation has been a hit is Woodley's dead money - which counted $8.5 million towards the cap this season. That ends this season. And Polamalu retiring/being released would free up roughly that amount as well.

Don't get me wrong, I knew Wallace was gone either this season or next. The Stills trade was clearly done to get a cheaper, younger, less bitchy version of Wallace. I'm just shocked that a guy this talented could be traded for this. I guess the market for him was pretty small.

Whelp, that's it. Tannenbaum and Hickey just erased all the big FA signings of Ireland's in 2013. For the best, I'd say, but it felt like Wallace and Tannehill were making progress so this is somewhat disappointing.

Dolphins have to go WR at 14 now. Stills, Landry, Parker, Cameron, and Miller out of the backfield could be one of the youngest and most dynamic groups of skill players in the league. As of right now the Dolphins have no #1 WR. Time to draft one.

Recap. Dolphins:

Get - Kenny Stills, 5th round pick
Lose - Mike Wallace, Dannel Ellerbe, 3rd, 7th

That's "Operation Replace Wallace."

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Don't get me wrong, I knew Wallace was gone either this season or next. The Stills trade was clearly done to get a cheaper, younger, less bitchy version of Wallace. I'm just shocked that a guy this talented could be traded for this. I guess the market for him was pretty small.

Whelp, that's it. Tannenbaum and Hickey just erased all the big FA signings of Ireland's in 2013. For the best, I'd say, but it felt like Wallace and Tannehill were making progress so this is somewhat disappointing.

Dolphins have to go WR at 14 now. Stills, Landry, Parker, Cameron, and Miller out of the backfield could be one of the youngest and most dynamic group of skill players in the league. As of right now the Dolphins have no #1 WR. Time to draft one.

Recap. Dolphins:

Get - Kenny Stills, 5th round pick
Lose - Mike Wallace, Dannel Ellerbe, 3rd, 7th

That's "Operation Replace Wallace."

Also operation "Clear Cap Room for Tannehill's Extension" as well.

Top Bottom