• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Slo

Wallace on the queens is actually pretty scary if he develops any kind of connection with Bridgewater. Fuck.

Eh. He's the best we've got, but that still makes him like the 5th best WR in the division. Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace isn't exactly a devastating combo.

Godslay

Banned
I don't want Manning to get touched almost like the 2013 season before the SB of course.

I think RT is the most important piece then. Schofield or Cornick have to fill it and I think Schofield will.

There will be inexperience at RT and C possibly, but I trust this staff more on the OL than I do Magazu.

Plus Denver and Baltimore had the least amount of sacks given per game average in the NFL last year.

Doesn't mean that it will happen again like that, but I'm hopeful they can put a good line together.

squicken

Wallace had to go after quitting last year. Couldn't credibly bring him back, though I don't get the rush. Wait until after the draft and see who didn't get the WR they were hoping for

e: Also have Patterson and Charles Johnson. That's a pretty good WR corps

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Wallace had to go after quitting last year. Couldn't credibly bring him back, though I don't get the rush. Wait until after the draft and see who didn't get the WR they were hoping for

e: Also have Patterson and Charles Johnson. That's a pretty good WR corps

Apparently Patterson is a borderline irredeemable mess. Super talented, can't understand football playbooks.

Slo

Charlie Johnson is an overachiever, but I think he's the old NBA cliche of the best player on an awful team. He's a big body, and I like having him on our team.

Patterson was labeled as raw coming out of college, but after a great first year everyone thought he'd be further along. He didn't make any plays last year, and was a wasted body on the field.

Patterson trade rumors are almost as dumb as he is. Even if he can't learn to be a legit WR, he is worth keeping as a sweep/screen guy and for return duty.

It's not like he's on a crazy contract. He's a dangerous returner, and even last year most kickers were squibbing or avoiding him.

squicken

Patterson trade rumors are almost as dumb as he is. Even if he can't learn to be a legit WR, he is worth keeping as a sweep/screen guy and for return duty.

It's not like he's on a crazy contract. He's a dangerous returner, and even last year most kickers were squibbing or avoiding him.

The way I feel about Tavon Austin. He can't be an every down player, but is an excellent punt returner. He's making good money, though. They have to figure out how to get more from him

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CAA8f6IW8AAVlLr.jpg

Milchjon

So uh,

what's the standard protocol when

a) you're doing an (understaffed) brewery tour
b) for a group of business partners your boss invited
c) because of a scheduling snafu a nice young couple gets added to the group
d) one of the business partner guys starts to continually sexually harrass the girl (from touching to hair sniffing, with her boyfriend being right there)?

If it had been any other group, I'd have called him out, but we were basically instructed to treat them like kings and I was totally stumped. For context, I'm at the absolute bottom of the organization.

Thankfully they took it in stride. I'm not made for real life...

Farooq

Banned
Gurley is good enough that if he doesn't play until the 2nd half of the year, it's still a good investment. I think Randle and McFadden can be productive behind that line. Neither of them is going to all of a sudden look like Murray, but they'll keep the running game going until Gurley is ready. Gurley is a guy that Dallas would have zero shot at getting if he didn't get hurt. He was a top 10 talent, when there really isn't many of those at the RB position. Gurley is a stud.

You know what, I am wrong. I owe you an apology. You are right, if Gurley is there you don't pass on him.

I thought about it and I thought who would be there on the defensive side of the ball for Dallas. Preston Smith? Kevin Johnson (I doubt he would even be there)? Do you pick either over Gurley. Fuck no. You go BPA, and fucking Gurley is the best available.

Again, sorry man.

We really need a safety and we let him walk without any significant offer. Keep that in mind.

Eh, you can say that about 75% of FAs, and judging by Chip's off-season, I'm not really sure you can infer anything from it at all.

In my opinion, he's an average safety, making average safety money. By the end of his contract he'll probably be making less than average.

And judging by who he was playing with compared to some of these other safeties, (Moore, Parker) who people think are better, he played pretty decent all things considered and again, he graded out well.

Wallace on the queens is actually pretty scary if he develops any kind of connection with Bridgewater. Fuck.
In particular now that our CBs have gone from a position of relative strength to yet another area of defensive need.

Welp. Maybe Rodgers can throw for 60 TDs!

Conference opponents
(AFC South) Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Conference opponents
(based on 2014 division placement) Cleveland Browns Oakland Raiders
Interconference opponents
(NFC East) Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants

Jets going to the Superbowl confirmed.

UberTag

Jets going to the Superbowl confirmed.
The Bills only have to play 4 non-division opponents in their home stadiums next season and two of them are the Titans (2-14 in 2014; only won a single home game against the Jags) and the Redskins (4-12 in 2014; only won home games against the Jags, the Titans and played spoiler against the Sanchize-led Eagles and their 13 penalties for 102 yards... still only winning by a field goal).

The Eagles & Chiefs road games will be tough but I'm not expecting Buffalo to win either of those... even with former Chiefs QB Cassel and former Eagles RB McCoy. Like that they have a Week 8 bye after taking the England trip to play Jacksonville.

Striker

Jerry Reese made two FA moves for the OL so far: re-signed John Jerry, signed Marshall Newhouse

I assume they grab an OL in the draft early and he competes for a starting OG spot. But even so, one injury and then those two are forced to start. Ugh.

So uh,

d) one of the business partner guys starts to continually sexually harrass the girl (from touching to hair sniffing, with her boyfriend being right there)?

If it had been any other group, I'd have called him out, but we were basically instructed to treat them like kings and I was totally stumped. For context, I'm at the absolute bottom of the organization.

Sniff the business partner guys hair and make him feel special.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 2m2 minutes ago
WR Kenny Britt is staying with the #Rams, source said. It’s a 2-year deal worth up to almost $14M. He got 4.3M guaranteed. Wow.

So uh,

Boyfriend's responsibility here. Not your's. Dude dropped the ball.

There's still only one QB in the division worth anything.

And he just won another SB.
How dare you disrespect Ryan Fitzpatrick in such a manner.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
WR Kenny Britt is staying with the #Rams, source said. It’s a 2-year deal worth up to almost $14M. He got 4.3M guaranteed. Wow.

holy shit... they bought in on him i guess. terrible move.

effzee

I guess? Foles needs weapons. We should have received Tavon Austin in the deal as well

Top Bottom