• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Britt had the best season a Rams WR has had since Torry Holt left. He also taught Brian Quick how to not suck before he got injured.

I don't know why anyone would mention Austin with him (like the article on NFL.com) Austin sucks. Should be mentioning Quick.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
il_340x270.737999959_ke0b.jpg

Bread

Banned
As a Dolphins fan, I hate to see my QBs favorite targets being sent away. I hope this Kelly Stills guy can replace Wallace, because Wallace was really good at it.

Slo

As a Dolphins fan, I hate to see my QBs favorite targets being sent away. I hope this Kelly Stills guy can replace Wallace, because Wallace was really good at it.

Wallace was good, but was he "turn a 7th round pick into a 5th round pick" good?

Slo

What am I missing with Farley? I thought he was an above average DT? Is that just Kas-speak that I bought into?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
So the Rams signed Fairley to a 1yr deal worth 5mil? lmao...the same amount we could have picked up his option for last year...

Yeah hindsight is 20/20. Remember Fairley showed up to his contract year fat and has never had a fully healthy season.

We were focused on resigning Suh as well so it would've automatically taken Suh off the contract talks if we signed Fairley long term, instead of Suh.

All in all still happy with the pick up of Haloti Ngata and the overall Plan B.

Also looking good on us signing Justin Blayock (OG) from the Falcons for some nice added depth.

However, Michael Rothstein reports that Blalock's visit with the Lions went well.

There has been talk that Blalock is going to visit the St. Louis Rams as well, but it's unclear if something has already been scheduled or if that is still in the works.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/3/13/8207989/justin-blalock-visit-lions-free-agency

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What am I missing with Farley? I thought he was an above average DT? Is that just Kas-speak that I bought into?

He's extremely talented but has never had a fully healthy and his off field/laziness questions are the reason no one signed him to a multiyear deal.

He got another 1 year "prove it" deal which should tell you everything.

brentech

He's extremely talented but has never had a fully healthy and his off field/laziness questions are the reason no one signed him to a multiyear deal.

please tell me you also don't think Suh is a once in a generation talent now too!

I dunno, I think Fisher has amassed some good talent there. Once St. Louis finds someone to properly coach them they'll be set.

What? They have an awesome DL and a decent QB with nothing else. I guess Tavon and Stacy are ok but the backs and Foles are severely mitigated by the complete lack of an OL. As Squicken said previously, they lost 3 of 5 starters on that line and they have crap at CB too. To deal with their D simply throw quick, short-intermediate passes and then sling it when they finally bring everyone in after getting burned by the former. To deal with their O? Just have a decent D show up on the field.

I dunno, I think Fisher has amassed some good talent there. Once St. Louis finds someone to properly coach them they'll be set.

i meant the city itself

What? They have an awesome DL and a decent QB with nothing else. I guess Tavon and Stacy are ok but the backs and Foles are severely mitigated by the complete lack of an OL. As Squicken said previously, they lost 3 of 5 starters on that line and they have crap at CB too. To deal with their D simply throw quick, short-intermediate passes and then sling it when they finally bring everyone in after getting burned by the former. To deal with their O? Just have a decent D show up on the field.

zac stacy played like 5 snaps last year. he is garbage

Ptaaty

Wallace will be a great fit for the Vikes and Norv's offence. Wallace is a speed guy who can get down field and run a route.

Jennings needs to restructure or he will probably be cut.

Edit: Not only is Wallace a good fit for the Vikings/Teddy/Norv....he was a terrible fit for Miami and Tannehill.

Via bleacher report.
"Only 9 percent of Tannehill's passes during the 2014 regular season went for 20 or more yards through the air—the lowest rate among starters, per Pro Football Focus. Tannehill completed only 16 such throws all season, and Wallace had the fifth-lowest catch rate among highly targeted deep threats in the NFL, also per PFF."

In spite of that he was easy high catch guy on the team and 10 TDs....I see him getting that and more this year.

*Fairley opens NeoGAF and sees what he and Suh's #1 fan is now saying about them, sighs, and turns off the computer. He watches TV silently, with nothing but "Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear" playing in the background.*

Wallace will be a great fit for the Vikes and Norv's offence. Wallace is a speed guy who can get down field and run a route.

Jennings needs to restructure or he will probably be cut.

Edit: Not only is Wallace a good fit for the Vikings/Teddy/Norv....he was a terrible fit for Miami and Tannehill.

Via bleacher report.
"Only 9 percent of Tannehill's passes during the 2014 regular season went for 20 or more yards through the air—the lowest rate among starters, per Pro Football Focus. Tannehill completed only 16 such throws all season, and Wallace had the fifth-lowest catch rate among highly targeted deep threats in the NFL, also per PFF."

In spite of that he was easy high catch guy on the team and 10 TDs....I see him getting that and more this year.

I can assure you that stat isn't about tannehill but his oline not blocking long enough and wallace inability to track balls or fight for the ball.

Don't you tell me what to do god dammit

You're a dirty Pats mother fucker and I don't know why I'm sharing this Jets-tier level of advice with you but seriously, a glass of water with every drink and it's like you weren't even drinking the night before.

MechDX

Hard to tell plus I really don't know much about the Rams and their internal happenings.

I almost feel like the Rams and Titans are barely in the league.

Thought about this today. The Titans are just barely there. I forget their existence half the time.

All that will change in a few years when they are owned by the Manning family

Via bleacher report.

That says a lot more about our shitty o-line then it does about Tannehill's deep ball.

"a" as in singular.

he also can't catch
He caught 10 TD's last season and none of them were go routes. His route running has improved. That said, he still sucks at tracking the ball, sideline awareness, catching, and making catches in traffic. He's a weird player, incredibly talented in some areas but so flawed in others.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
please tell me you also don't think Suh is a once in a generation talent now too!

No he still is, and he'll continue to dominate with Miami as well.

I appreciate his time in Detroit and he showed up every single Sunday and have it his all. I'm butthurt he turned down an almost similar deal to go to a shittier team, a lot of what had to do with "exposure" IMO.

He caught 10 TD's last season and none of them were go routes. His route running has improved. That said, he still sucks at tracking the ball, sideline awareness, catching, and making catches in traffic. He's a weird player, incredibly talented in some areas but so flawed in others.

sir can you let me troll without interruption? can you!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas is a better drunk than me so I expect him to back my approach.

I agree with your approach but I have abstained from alcohol and all drugs except for a little weed and pain killers for my staph infection, which were needed, and still are.

If you're going to get drunk, drink two glasses of water before you go to sleep to avoid a hangover.

In related news of being mostly sober and handling business, work started early yesterday. Construction is booming right now, especially in LA. By next month we'll have at least three 30 unit projects going on at once.

Great time to learn a trade like electrician or plumbing.

Top Bottom