• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

brentech

No he still is, and he'll continue to dominate with Miami as well.

I appreciate his time in Detroit and he showed up every single Sunday and have it his all. I'm butthurt he turned down an almost similar deal to go to a shittier team, a lot of what had to do with "exposure" IMO.

JointAngelicAfricanaugurbuzzard.gif

Released for such stone cold thuggery

Gigglepoo

Is Trent Richardson going to be in the league next season? He's talented enough to land a back-up position, but he seems like kind of a dick. How crazy would it be if a guy who two (2!) teams thought was worth a first-round pick was out of the league in four seasons?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Agreed. He should have been shot and killed on the field. Left behind for Suh to clean his cleats off on.

brent most of NFLGAF has a gentlemans agreement not to wish injury, let alone death on QBs (MRSA has broken this rule). Totally uncalled for even if it was a joke.

Suhs numb feet that stepped on Rodgers last year is in the past. I've done my time defending Suh when he was on the Lions.

DolphinsGAF has to carry that torch now.

Why do the Colts have such great odds to win the SB? Have they addressed the porous defense?
- Patriots losing defenders
- Broncos losing assets plus Manning a year older
- Continued playoff improvement demonstrated
- Andrew Luck gets better with better assets (Gore > TRich, Andre at 34 > Reggie at 36)

Defense will need to be addressed in the draft, but they did get Trent Cole, that Langford kid from St. Louis, and they get Mathis back.

TheFatOne

NFL gaf if you guys get the chance find and watch the movie What We Do in the Shadows. One of the funniest movies I have seen in a damn long time. Really awesome movie.

Vikings got better. Packers kept their players/will remain good. Bears got worse. Lions...a mixture of getting worse and staying the same. I'd imagine Ngata will have a good year for us assuming he stays healthy, but it remains to be seen how our d-line will perform overall. My biggest concern is that without Suh wrecking havoc, our secondary will be even more vulnerable. Those nickle corners, most of whom who were injured/missed all last season, will have to step up. Tulluch coming back will help, and allow Levy to do what he does best.

Offense is the issue. I can't help but think we won't face as many stunning injuries on the OL. Guys will be healthier and I'd imagine we'll draft some depth. Then there's the WR situation. Megatron still has a few good seasons left, Tate is really good...but who will be the third man. It's hard to have much faith in Ebron when even the catches he makes look awkward; dude's hands just aren't good. I wasn't impressed by any of the other WRs on the team last year.

And then there's Stafford. As far as I'm concerned this is his last shot to play like he's supposed to play. The team will have a year of the offense under their belt, the OL will be better...no more excuses.

Bottom line: if we miss the playoffs I think the front office should be dusted out.

i meant the city itself

zac stacy played like 5 snaps last year. he is garbage

Yeah I mixed up names, that's who everyone assumed would be great going into the season. I'm still spacing the name of the back that did decent but I don't care enough to look it up. It doesn't matter much because they won't do squat with that OL. You need a HoF worthy QB with quick release to compensate for a shit OL, take it from a Card fan, I'd know. That also was with us having an amazing tandem of receivers in prime Fitz, Bolden and Breaston who was a damn good third, a shame he washed out of the league.

What? They have an awesome DL and a decent QB with nothing else. I guess Tavon and Stacy are ok but the backs and Foles are severely mitigated by the complete lack of an OL. As Squicken said previously, they lost 3 of 5 starters on that line and they have crap at CB too. To deal with their D simply throw quick, short-intermediate passes and then sling it when they finally bring everyone in after getting burned by the former. To deal with their O? Just have a decent D show up on the field.

The only glaring hole on the Rams is the OL. And Janoris Jenkins.

The problem is the coaching. The Rams are a team that can destroy a team one week and then get destroyed the next. See: Outscore opponents like 86-0 over 2.5 games, then next week have the worst defensive performance in three years. I can't wait to start next season 1-4 again.

The only glaring hole on the Rams is the OL. And Janoris Jenkins.

The problem is the coaching. The Rams are a team that can destroy a team one week and then get destroyed the next. See: Outscore opponents like 86-0 over 2.5 games, then next week have the worst defensive performance in three years. I can't wait to start next season 1-4 again.

You mean Jeff "I've made the playoffs like 6 times in 20 years as a head coach" Fisher isn't getting it done?

We couldn't even sign Scott Chandler? Ravens only TE is Crockett Gilmore, and after Steve Smith, it's Marlon Brown, Kamar Aiken and Mike Campagnaro. Bad all around. Still need major help at corner, and going into next season with Elam starting is a bad thing. Not to mention we'll need D-Line depth to deal with losses of Canty, Ngata and McPhee, although a healthy Brent Urban is intriguing.

So much work to do in the draft. We need some starters. Has anyone had a more boring offseason than the Ravens? Everyone left, except Forsett, and not a single tweet about anyone linked to the Ravens.

We couldn't even sign Scott Chandler? Ravens only TE is Crockett Gilmore, and after Steve Smith, it's Marlon Brown, Kamar Aiken and Mike Campagnaro. Bad all around. Still need major help at corner, and going into next season with Elam starting is a bad thing. Not to mention we'll need D-Line depth to deal with losses of Canty, Ngata and McPhee, although a healthy Brent Urban is intriguing.

So much work to do in the draft. We need some starters. Has anyone had a more boring offseason than the Ravens? Everyone left, except Forsett, and not a single tweet about anyone linked to the Ravens.

That is not the what about Dennis Pitta, the white TE. Not being racist but that is what Suggs nicknamed him right.

minx

Vikings got better. Packers kept their players/will remain good. Bears got worse. Lions...a mixture of getting worse and staying the same.

Bears got worse? You realize who we had a D Coordinator last year right? We have arguably the best one now. Losing Marshall is the biggest git to us and other than that we haven't lost anyone of much value. Royal also had extremely similar stats to Marshall last year. If anything we are the same player wise and much much better coaching wise.

Antrel Rolle just finished his last appearance with Joe and Evan.

Thanked the NY fans. Says he has a tattoo of NY on his chest and no matter what, he'll always be Big Blue in his heart but he wants to continue his career. He was very emotional throughout.

Trel was on the decline last year but you're getting a hell of a leader, Chicago. If he still has something left in the tank, your defense will benefit greatly from it.

I wish him the best. Things were rocky early on but he quickly converted into a Coughlin team first dude and he had some great years with us.

Thia signing makes much more sense now. I didn't know he was a huge leader which is something we were lacking last year.

boring isn't so bad when the possible alternative is an absolute clusterfuck

Milchjon

Wait, is this uncommon? Most of the people I know here in Seattle have at least two teams (their hometown team & the Seahawks) - and for a lot of people it is three (hometown team, collegiate based hometown team, and Seahawks). We just had a weird situation where our hometown team changed because of a new team moving in midway.

I mean, in NBA I root for the Bulls (hometown team) along with Portland (closest team). For MLB; it's the Cardinals & then the Mariners.

Saved for future reference

That's a lot of cooking

We did make some veggie soup last night which took forever. Making the beef stock from scratch took a bit longer than expected.

But it gave me the opportunity to showcase my TV chef cutting skills, by looking away and talking whilst finely slicing a carrot.

Hammer24

Banned
We did make some veggie soup last night which took forever. Making the beef stock from scratch took a bit longer than expected.

But it gave me the opportunity to showcase my TV chef cutting skills, by looking away and talking whilst finely slicing a carrot.

How many fingers did that cost you?!

cajunator

Banned
I'm here, off to work!

How are you Cajun bro? Quite an eventful off season for your Saints so far.

Im good yup!

I like what they are doing. Jettisoning a bunch of burdensome players who werent living up to contracts or aging. Getting some vets again who have been to big games and can get the young guys in line. This has needed to be done for a while.

Fox318

Is Trent Richardson going to be in the league next season? He's talented enough to land a back-up position, but he seems like kind of a dick. How crazy would it be if a guy who two (2!) teams thought was worth a first-round pick was out of the league in four seasons?
He isn't talented enough.

I could get centers to be rb and get more ypc than Trent truck.

Top Bottom