• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
This must seriously conflict ez.

If President Barack Obama has his way, the nation’s taxpayers would not help finance a new arena proposed for the Milwaukee Bucks professional basketball team.

Nor would taxpayer-financed, tax-free bonds be used to help finance a new stadium being discussed in St. Louis for the NFL Rams, or in Oakland for a new complex aimed at keeping the area’s professional football, baseball and basketball franchises from leaving town.

An obscure item in the president’s new budget would put an end to the longstanding practice of states and cities using tax-exempt bonds to finance professional sports arenas, a practice that costs the U.S. Treasury $146 million, according to a 2012 Bloomberg analysis.

bionic77

They can't use Aaron Munn as his fake name because that will be his real name after he takes her name when they get married.

Pre-order today Greg!

2272NH3.png
If that happens we can just use DickSlut. Real fans will know who we are talking about!

Man, this game already sounds better than Madden just on the fake names alone.

"Dickslut hikes the ball and rolls to his right where he fires a rocket to his favorite Whitereceiver for a first down!"

Spinluck

Montana being the GOAT on and off the field, plus he likes Mario Kart. True American hero.

My bullshit detector went off a few times in that thread, but I'd cop that fucking game so hard!

Spinluck

Not that Montana is guaranteed to be good, but would you rather play a shit game with an up to date and accurate roster or an awesome game with teams that did not have a single name correct, but if you had a brain you could figure out who they represented (i.e. the Pittsburgh Angels with star quarterback with the name of "therapist".

Exactly. Plus if it has downloadable rosters, fans can make far better rosters than EA can.

Russell had a 90 something overall just because he won a SB in the last Madden lol.

Spinluck

Colts will dominate... I am legitimately scared of them now. For some reason they figured out that giving Luck some help was a good idea.

We will have to play some Helldivers sometime! I don't know if you played with anyone but it's a lot more fun co-op than solo.

Indeed brother, see you on the other side!

Spinluck

Now they about to downgrade him to a 60 something like he deserves ;_;

It wasn't a knock on Russ lol, but just their shit basis for allocating some of the player attributes. It has gotten far better since the players aren't that broken anymore. But I still see some ugliness here and there.

Wuss should be very high 70s or low 80s at best.

JABEE

I'd love to see subsidies for stadiums killed, but if state taxpayers want to be fucking retarded and fund them I don't see how it's DC's right to take that away. Plus, picking winners is fucked. Is he going to kill cultural bonds used to fund theaters and symphonies and museums? Also, didn't he vote for the Soldier Field UFO remodel?
Not when he plans to get his name on these things.

rando14

It wasn't a knock on Russ lol, but just their shit basis for allocating some of the player attributes. It has gotten far better since the players aren't that broken anymore. But I still see some ugliness here and there.

Wuss should be very high 70s or low 80s at best.

I don't play Madden, what is the ranking for an average QB?

They should bring his goal line awareness down

Stop bullying me

Has squicken jumped ship from the Rams now that they have that garbage Foles at QB? Cant wait to see his numbers when he isn't throwing to wide open guys all game.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'd love to see subsidies for stadiums killed, but if state taxpayers want to be fucking retarded and fund them I don't see how it's DC's right to take that away. Plus, picking winners is fucked. Is he going to kill cultural bonds used to fund theaters and symphonies and museums? Also, didn't he vote for the Soldier Field UFO remodel?

I think the difference is that the sports bonds are costing the US Treasury about $150 million a year; and that the owners don't actually need the money. It'd be one thing if they couldn't afford to pay for the stadiums...but most of them can.

MechDX

NFLPA Received Numerous Complaints From Free Agents Harassed By Cleveland Browns

WASHINGTON—Expressing their growing concern after being inundated with grievances throughout the past week, officials from the NFL Players Association confirmed Monday that they have received multiple complaints from free agents being harassed by the Cleveland Browns front office. ““Several players have independently complained that Browns officials are constantly sending We’ve unfortunately heard from a host of free agents around the league who have been forced to deal with continuous unwanted and, frankly, pretty aggressive overtures from Browns front office executives and coaches,” said NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith, adding that allegations against the Browns organization include calling potential free agent signings at all times of night, leaving long, rambling messages on their voicemails, and mailing them numerous Browns jerseys already stitched with their name and number. them text messages offering to fly them out to Cleveland and treat them to expensive dinners and a few nights on the town. They evidently just won’t take no for an answer.” At press time, Smith had received a phone call from a distressed free agent claiming that Browns general manager Ray Farmer has been standing on his doorstep holding a contract offer for the past four hours and has refused to leave.

jnc

Look at all the success Russ has achieved in our league. Face it, he's nothing but a poor man's Jarrod Belton!

Jarrett*, show some respect motherfucker. Rookie of the Year, Pro Bowl and NFC Championship game winner in his first season. Would have a ring if the Seahawks were such dirty thugs :*(

Already done more than Jimmy will achieve in his entire Lions career.

zychi

Banned
Another one of those WHY IS IT CALLED FOOOTBALL europeaners who thinks soccer is called football because you kick the ball with a foot.

Because soccer was invented with the name soccer.

American football is called football because of its origin. Its like soccer, can be traced back to rugby football where you use your feet to kick a ball at a goal or successfully carry a ball over a goal line.

Google people. Jesus

Bread

Banned
Jarrett*, show some respect motherfucker. Rookie of the Year, Pro Bowl and NFC Championship game winner in his first season. Would have a ring if the Seahawks were such dirty thugs :*(

Already done more than Jimmy will achieve in his entire Lions career.
such a shame Belton will never reach that point again :(

Is that such a crazy thought? I kind of agree.

"It's looking good in New England. Sources say it is "very likely" WR Stevie Johnson signs with The Patriots. Deal could get done today." - @NBCdianna

Offseason saved, back to back championships here we come.

"It's looking good in New England. Sources say it is "very likely" WR Stevie Johnson signs with The Patriots. Deal could get done today." - @NBCdianna

Offseason saved, back to back championships here we come.

Yes.

Now let's bring back Vince, Revis and Browner.

Pls Bill. I don't care how you do it, just do it.

Top Bottom