• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Has this been discussed in this thread? Because da fuq?

Is that such a crazy thought? I kind of agree.

While I disagree that the NFL will be out of existence in several decades, I do agree that MLS will be up there with the NBA, NFL and MLB as a major and important league in the US.
I love soccer, it would be cool to see the MLS continue to grow. I don't think the NFL is going anywhere but who knows.

RBH

Dear RBH,

Renal is hard.

Sincerely,
rando

I actually like renal, haha. Actually considering it as a subspecialty in the future.

flamethrower that bitch!
m1_type_flamethrower.jpg

rando14

I actually like renal, haha. Actually considering it as a subspecialty in the future.

Dang really? I'm sitting here, trying to learn about the vesicoureteral reflex and the angiotensin pathway and whatnot, kiiiiiinda a pain in the dong!!

So did you decide that you're going to go into internal med?

eznark

Banned
While I disagree that the NFL will be out of existence in several decades, I do agree that MLS will be up there with the NBA, NFL and MLB as a major and important league in the US.

lol

One AAA minor league (there are four), the Independent League, drew just over 7m people last year. MLS drew just over 6m. MLB drew 74 million.

MLS isn't even getting NHL numbers. They draw more per game, but that's mostly due to venue size. Unfortunately I can't find the capacity chart I dug up last year to source it when this ludicrous notion came up. One team makes up like 15% of the total attendance for the league and accounts for much of its growth over the last 5 years.

Alright you guys who are bigger and more dedicated fans than I am.

Is the Wallace pickup for the Vikings that good of a deal? What's the upside for him? 900+ yards? 7+ TDs? Am I too hopeful?

LevelNth

Banned
Looking at the first round of the draft, outside of Oakland I'm not seeing any team with a need for WR. I honestly wonder if Cooper or White can fall to 15 for the Niners.

On the other hand, I think Armstead will be there as well and he is a perfect fit on our DL right now.

If WR's keep falling, with the Hawks out until the 3rd round now, DGB falling to our 14th pick in the 2nd might not be insane...

rando14

Looking at the first round of the draft, outside of Oakland I'm not seeing any team with a need for WR. I honestly wonder if Cooper or White can fall to 15 for the Niners.

On the other hand, I think Armstead will be there as well and he is a perfect fit on our DL right now.

If WR's keep falling, with the Hawks out until the 3rd round now, DGB falling to our 14th pick in the 2nd might not be insane...

Hmmm you want a team that just went a huge staffing change with a rookie HC, and numerous players with off-the-field problems, to pick up DGB?

morganfreemangoodluck.gif

THE RETURN!! This thread will be better with Freeman back in the league.

PLS

PLS

PLS!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even have an XB1 but I would welcome a Joe Montana football competitor to madden just to see what new ideas they could bring to the table with a fresh set of eyes to the genre

Alright you guys who are bigger and more dedicated fans than I am.

Is the Wallace pickup for the Vikings that good of a deal? What's the upside for him? 900+ yards? 7+ TDs? Am I too hopeful?
Wallace is still one of the fastest WR's in the league and his route running improved last season. He will never be a complete polished WR but if Teddy can hit him in stride on some deep balls I wouldn't be surprised to see him go over 1,000 yards with ~10 TD's.

Getting him for a fifth is a steal. The bigger issue is his contract but I don't know much about the Vikings' cap situation.

Farooq

Banned
NFLTradeRumors.co ‏@nfltrade_rumors · 9s10 seconds ago
Report: Cowboys Negotiating Contract With DE Greg Hardy http://bit.ly/1FqY7Bw

JERRUH!!

Teams wanted to see the police evidence before deciding, I think the evidence was turned over last week. Then specifically for the Cowboys they wanted to talk to team leaders about bringing him in.

I would rather he not sign, I think he is a reprehensible person. Unfortunately pass rush is a need for the Cowboys.

Ugh... Dolphins are in desperate need of a #1 WR. Their top two guys are Jarvis Landry (perfect slot WR) and Kenny Stills...

So I'm going on a small road trip to Montana next month and I'm going to do some Astrophotography on my way back...just thinking about Hito and how I would have talked to him about it :(

RIP Hito :(

Good deal if he feels like playing. Last I heard that was pretty important

I do remember reading or hearing something about some attitude problems with the guy but I wasn't sure how much stock to put into them.

Wallace is still one of the fastest WR's in the league and his route running improved last season. He will never be a complete polished WR but if Teddy can hit him in stride on some deep balls I wouldn't be surprised to see him go over 1,000 yards with ~10 TD's.

Getting him for a fifth is a steal. The bigger issue is his contract but I don't know much about the Vikings' cap situation.

1000 yards and 10 TDs would be great. Especially if Teddy keeps developing. Maybe Patterson can actually do something beyond the first few weeks of the season this year, too.

And I also have no earthly idea about the Vikings's cap situation so I can't say much there.

I do remember reading or hearing something about some attitude problems with the guy but I wasn't sure how much stock to put into them.

1000 yards and 10 TDs would be great. Especially if Teddy keeps developing. Maybe Patterson can actually do something beyond the first few weeks of the season this year, too.

And I also have no earthly idea about the Vikings's cap situation so I can't say much there.

Wallace had 10 TDs with Miami last year and about 5 drops (in the redzone) as well. If teddy can get him the ball Wallace will score

Top Bottom