• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

brentech

hooooooo shit

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 24s24 seconds ago
#Packers have cut LB A.J. Hawk.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 17s18 seconds ago
#Packers GM Ted Thompson: “A.J. is a consummate Packer and we are grateful for all that he has given and how he represented the organization

Lol at people speculating on what Dez could have done. That's pretty fucked.

There is going to be a video of you messing with peoples food isn't there?

hooooooo shit

#Packers GM Ted Thompson: “A.J. is a consummate Packer and we are grateful for all that he has given and how he represented the organization

We'll take him off your hands, can't be worse than our LBs

eznark

Banned
hooooooo shit

It was expected.

hooooooo shit

Came here to pay my respects...and also say BUH BYE. With Brad Jones and now Hawk gone at least now we can do whats necessary to upgrade the inside LB position.

eznark

Banned
Who is left to play inside LB? Clay Matthews? Don't you want him outside?

Forgot about Barrington, but I'm not sure he's going to be enough.

No one. Why do you assume that means it will be filled with great players though? It'll be filled by Barrington, Lattimore, Matthews and some rookies probably. Hopefully they are good.

Eleuin

images

pls be good

I too would like to know what 'we can do what's necessary' means in your mind.

No one. Why do you assume that means it will be filled with great players though? It'll be filled by Barrington, Lattimore, Matthews and some rookies probably. Hopefully they are good.

Maybe the word 'upgrade' was a bit of a reach. Yes, I expect TT to draft an ILB high in the draft, hopefully a potential starter for the season. I don't expect any big FA moves, but you never know. I'm not really high on Lattimore as much as I was at one point but I know injuries held him back last year so maybe he flashes some semblance of greatness, that is if they re-sign him.

GB needs to do something at ILB though, they just can't leave the status quo going into next season, hence my use of the word "necessary"

cdyhybrid

Thoughts on that?

fJSbObt.png

Cameron is probably better than Luke Willson, but I dunno if it's worth paying him if they're going to keep Zach Miller around (he has 1 more year on his contract). Depends on the price, I guess.

I wouldn't mind signing Nicks if he can provide a legitimate deep threat, but I don't think he should get any significant amount of money if we do sign him. Meh.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
fJSbObt.png

Cameron is probably better than Luke Willson, but I dunno if it's worth paying him if they're going to keep Zach Miller around (he has 1 more year on his contract). Depends on the price, I guess.

I wouldn't mind signing Nicks if he can provide a legitimate deep threat, but I don't think he should get any significant amount of money if we do sign him. Meh.

I think Cameron can be a monster, but he hasn't quite put it together, not sure what his price would be, but he's definitely worth a shot. I think Nicks is useless though, honestly Wayne would be the better signing.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Things are happening.

It's awesome, time to start paying a little bit more attention! Tend not to read too much into rumors and whatnot and just wait for pieces to start falling. I wonder how much Bush can be had for, if cheap enough could fill in for Vereen.

bionic77

Go read the thread. There were apologists for everything, even the stuffing leaves in the kids mouth.
What if he was a really cunty kid that wore Patriots jerseys and was a future Gata or Hernandez in the making? What if those beatings were what stopped him from turning into another Foxboro monster?

According to my uncle, who is a rich doctor, sometimes we need to blame the victims. It seems like a horrible position but he lives in a mansion, has a trophy wife (2nd wife) and drives awesome sports cars. He is also loud and scary in addition to being very successful and rich. He is generally pretty persuasive. Btw, this is definitely RBH in 20 more years. The only question is if Rando is going to be a cunty surgeon too.

I think you and the rest of the morality police should consider the above before you rush to judgement the next time someone is accused of something. Remember the Patriot fans motto, the one that helps them sleep at night. No, not the one about proper maintenance of strap ons or video cameras. Its the lets wait for all the evidence one!

Milchjon

What if he was a really cunty kid that wore Patriots jerseys and was a future Gata or Hernandez in the making? What if those beatings were what stopped him from turning into another Foxboro monster?

According to my uncle, who is a rich doctor, sometimes we need to blame the victims. It seems like a horrible position but he lives in a mansion, has a trophy wife (2nd wife) and drives awesome sports cars. He is also loud and scary in addition to being very successful and rich. He is generally pretty persuasive. Btw, this is definitely RBH in 20 more years. The only question is if Rando is going to be a cunty surgeon too.

I think you and the rest of the morality police should consider the above before you rush to judgement the next time someone is accused of something. Remember the Patriot fans motto, the one that helps them sleep at night. No, not the one about proper maintenance of strap ons or video cameras. Its the lets wait for all the evidence one!

Sometimes you go from faux worst to actual worst. I think your act is getting to you.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
hooooooo shit

Well I was kinda hoping we could keep Hawk as depth but I'm guessing he was too expensive. Our linebacker corps is ridiculously thin now and I'm still projecting Peppers to regress next season. Plus if Clay's hamstring acts up again, it's kind of easy to be negative about things already. We're obviously addressing the linebacker position in the draft but I wonder if we're going to try kicking the tires on someone in free agency?

Colasante

Weird that Patriots have made zero moves in the offseason, aside from working out Kevin Dorsey. I guess all of their business really is waiting on the Revis negotiations, and they did start out behind because of that Super Bowl thing. I feel like Danny Amendola's going to be cut any day now.

I haven't had dinner in 2 days, but I have just finished an entire bag of M&Ms and feel like throwing up.

I'm making some fantastic life decisions at the moment

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Weird that Patriots have made zero moves in the offseason, aside from working out Kevin Dorsey. I guess all of their business really is waiting on the Revis negotiations, and they did start out behind because of that Super Bowl thing. I feel like Danny Amendola's going to be cut any day now.

Not a ton of moves have been made around the league at least nothing serious, and pats got some minor stuff done prior to the superbowl. The real stuff really comes with DMC and Revis, but I'm sure they already have an outline or idea of how that will play out. They probably have a contingency in place in case one of those 2 walk, but I can't see them letting that happen.

I haven't had dinner in 2 days, but I have just finished an entire bag of M&Ms and feel like throwing up.

I'm making some fantastic life decisions at the moment

Would you like a shirtless hug friend?

Let's just pray that he doesn't go delusional and decides to become a Pats fan...

I don't think there are enough drugs in the world to make him turn evil. At least I hope not.

JNA

Banned
hooooooo shit

It's about time.

Top Bottom