• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

bionic77

KFXtY5T.jpg

"Kraft just called, the new girlfriend is getting a little too familiar and is asking too many questions about the operation. I think she knows too much, can we get this done by September? I still have work to do."
Fixed.

Bowser

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
Free agent pass-rusher Greg Hardy is visiting the #Cowboys today, source said (as @nickeatman 1st noted). No agreement, but a big visit

itshappening.gif

no you're right Tannehill does need a big WR, especially for the end zone. I wouldn't be against drafting one in the first but defense was by far the biggest weakness last year and outside of Suh they haven't done anything to address it other then let our shitty LBs walk. From what I've read Hickey is still doing GM work and Tannenbaum handles the negotiations so I hope Hickey continues the good work he's done so far. We also can't forget about picking up a guard or two.
It basically comes down to this, you've got a lot of young guys on the roster that could potentially fill some holes so which ones do you want to gamble on?

LB - Jenkins is solid, he'll be fine taking Ellerbe's spot. Misi is serviceable at MLB if they want to go that route. Can McCain, Tripp, or Dion start at the other spot or do you need to draft a LB?

CB - Can Taylor or Davis start at CB #2? Is McCain good enough to start at slot CB?

S - Can Walt Aiken start in Delmas' spot or do you need to draft a S?

DL is good as is, I think.

OG - Billy Turner has been talked up as being capable of starting in one of these spots. Are you comfortable with Dallas Thomas on the other side or do you need to bring in someone else?

Lots of questions...

Nope. Landry has the potential to be a top 5 slot WR but he is too small and lacking in top end speed to thrive outside the numbers. Who knows, maybe they will try to play him outside but he seems like a much more natural fit doing damage over the middle of the field running short to intermediate routes.

Stills has more potential as an outside guy but he is a burner first and foremost, kind of like Mike Wallace. I don't see him developing the route running skills needed to be a top outside threat and he's also on the smaller side.

The Dolphins need a prototypical #1 WR. A big, fast guy who can do it all. You aren't going to get that unless you invest a first round pick. DeVante Parker is a tall, physical receiver who excels at high-pointing the ball and making big time catches. He's the kind of guy you want playing outside the numbers, in my opinion.

EDIT: Then again, Antonio Brown ran a 4.47, is only 5'10", and was drafted in the sixth round so what the hell do I know!

I do think that Parker, Stills, and Landry would be pretty fun to watch. I guess if he is there at 14 they should take him.

Personally I would like to see them add some youth to the CB position.I'm secretly hoping Trae Waynes drops down to 14. Though, I wouldn't mind Jalen Collins either.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
You have to buy a game to play the demo?

That is still a thing with the internet?

I think I did that for FF7. Never again!

Yeah You have to buy a 4 year old game at full price (or less if you can find it) for the honor of playing the new FF demo.

rando14

Yup.

That was amazing.

It is times like this I wish I was a kid again with no job who had all day to play video games and eat shitty fast food while listening to rock and roll music on my sony discman!

Rando, by the way how many doctors in med school play video games? I have a pal who is a plastic surgeon who is really into them but most doctors I know don't have any energy after work and just kind of lay there and watch their kids and wife spend all their hard earned money (I am familiar with this style of living...).

It depends, my roommates play games almost every day a little at a time. As for myself, I played a game for the first time all year a couple days ago since its Spring break right now.

Only gets incrementally busier in the upcoming years, I think I may be looking at the end of my gaming career sooner or later!!

It basically comes down to this, you've got a lot of young guys on the roster that could potentially fill some holes so which ones do you want to gamble on?

LB - Jenkins is solid, he'll be fine taking Ellerbe's spot. Misi is serviceable at MLB if they want to go that route. Can McCain, Tripp, or Dion start at the other spot or do you need to draft a LB?

CB - Can Taylor or Davis start at CB #2? Is McCain good enough to start at slot CB?

S - Can Walt Aiken start in Delmas' spot or do you need to draft a S?

DL is good as is, I think.

OG - Billy Turner has been talked up as being capable of starting in one of these spots. Are you comfortable with Dallas Thomas on the other side or do you need to bring in someone else?

Lots of questions...

I think Taylor and Davis are done, they just haven't been the players we thought they might be when they were drafted, then again Smith and Davis looked similar before they went to have good careers away from the dolphins :/ If we move Dion to LB I think we'd be alright there, we would need another S and some CB depth, you're right about the DL. For the OL they need to either draft or sign someone just for depth alone because after Albert fell last year they were just as dreadful as the year before.

I do think that Parker, Stills, and Landry would be pretty fun to watch. I guess if he is there at 14 they should take him.

Personally I would like to see them add some youth to the CB position.I'm secretly hoping Trae Waynes drops down to 14. Though, I wouldn't mind Jalen Collins either.

Another Dolphin fan!! Welcome!! I wouldn't mind CB at 14 either, that defense needs a lot of help still.

I know it was Ireland's draft but in 2013 the Dolphins used a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder on CB's. They also drafted Walt Aikens in the 4th last year (although to be fair it looks like he will transition to S in the NFL).

I just hate that they might have to use a 1st on another one just two years later.

I closed on my refinance last night. It's sooo awesome. My monthly mortgage bill is going from $1670 to $1211. I also paid off my car, so that's another $280 a month I don't have to worry about, and I got those dirtbags at comcast to lower my cable bill by $60 a month. I am now almost $800 richer at the end of every month and life feels grand.

I think Taylor and Davis are done, they just haven't been the players we thought they might be when they were drafted, then again Smith and Davis looked similar before they went to have good careers away from the dolphins :/ If we move Dion to LB I think we'd be alright there, we would need another S and some CB depth, you're right about the DL. For the OL they need to either draft or sign someone just for depth alone because after Albert fell last year they were just as dreadful as the year before.

Another Dolphin fan!! Welcome!! I wouldn't mind CB at 14 either, that defense needs a lot of help still.
I feel like it's hard to get a read on Taylor and Davis with all the injury issues they've had and whatnot. I really don't know what the coaching staff thinks of them and I haven't seen enough to form much of an opinion myself.

You are right about the OL. Lack of depth ended the Dolphins season when Albert went down, can't let that happen again.

Bread

Banned
I closed on my refinance last night. It's sooo awesome. My monthly mortgage bill is going from $1670 to $1211. I also paid off my car, so that's another $280 a month I don't have to worry about, and I got those dirtbags at comcast to lower my cable bill by $60 a month. I am now almost $800 richer at the end of every month and life feels grand.
That's pretty awesome, you should buy a Tom Brady jersey to celebrate!

bionic77

It depends, my roommates play games almost every day a little at a time. As for myself, I played a game for the first time all year a couple days ago since its Spring break right now.

Only gets incrementally busier in the upcoming years, I think I may be looking at the end of my gaming career sooner or later!!
You always have some spare time, it is just a question of how you want to spend it.

Would you rather spend all night playing games by yourself or with people online or go out, exercise, write a pretend anthrax letter to the Patriots organization, etc.

There comes a point where you would like to play games, but you have other hobbies or activities that you place above them.

I play basketball every Sunday for 2-4 hours and I would rather do that than play a game for a similar amount of time if I had to choose (which I do). And I usually will cut the basketball short to race home and watch the kickoff of the Steelers game.

The good news for you is you are going to be a rich anesthesiologist. And from what I have seen those guys don't do fuck all (after the initial calculations and whatever they do). So you can just bring your 3DS and play it in front of a sleeping patient and listen and check to see if they are alive every 5-10 minutes.

Greg

still 200 short

rbhjoke.tiff

Bowser

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 6m6 minutes ago
Greg Hardy also plans to visit the Seahawks, per league source.

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

I feel like it's hard to get a read on Taylor and Davis with all the injury issues they've had and whatnot. I really don't know what the coaching staff thinks of them and I haven't seen enough to form much of an opinion myself.

You are right about the OL. Lack of depth ended the Dolphins season when Albert went down, can't let that happen again.

Regarding Taylor:

@TheMattyI · 21h 21 hours ago

Why are people writing J Taylor will be fine as the other starting CB? Dude started 3 games last yr, allowed 74% of targets to be completed.

Obviously it's a small sample but we have to spend our draft picks and we have unknowns at three major positions (CB/LB/OL) We'll just have to wait and see which one Hickey values the most.

Bowser

Also worth noting that the Panthers also play the Seahawks next year.

Basically any way you slice, we're going to cross paths with that crazy motherfucker.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 37s37 seconds ago
Dallas, Seattle and Tampa continue to be the 3 teams I hear most interested in Greg Hardy. Visits to DAL and SEA already set, TB possible

;_;

What's up with people taking monstrous, foul shits first thing in the morning? I just went to the bathroom at work and already someone is in there stinking it up like they are shitting out a dead animal. At least do that at home you sick fucks I don't need to be smelling that before I've even had my coffee.

Thanks!! I just kind of stumbled on this thread, lol. I'm glad to see there are fellow Dolphins fans in here.

I know it was Ireland's draft but in 2013 the Dolphins used a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder on CB's. They also drafted Walt Aikens in the 4th last year (although to be fair it looks like he will transition to S in the NFL).

I just hate that they might have to use a 1st on another one just two years later.

Waynes and Collins are both going to be legit starting CBs, I think it might take 2 or 3 seasons for them to reach their potential though. On the other hand, I think Parker could come in and have an impact right away, so I would be fine with them taking him.

It will be an interesting draft for sure. I am really looking forward to it this year.

What's up with people taking monstrous, foul shits first thing in the morning? I just went to the bathroom at work and already someone is in there stinking it up like they are shitting out a dead animal. At least do that at home you sick fucks I don't need to be smelling that before I've even had my coffee.
Snoop tried to warned them about the Food Truck.

Nintendo making smartphone games now?

It begins.

Long time coming. Its a smart business decision and they seem to be doing right in that they aren't just plopping their games of years past onto mobile platforms. Excited to see where their new hardware ends up. A console/portable hybrid will be interesting as hell.

bionic77

I take a monster shit first thing in the morning. It is highly recommended and I think the preferred way of doing things.

Now I have the courtesy to do it at home and then proceed to take a shower afterwards but perhaps your coworkers were in a rush or ate something that upset their stomach the night before. You should give them the benefit of the doubt unless this is something that happens on the regular. If that is the case you need to bring HR down to the bathroom and have them smell the foulness firsthand.

MechDX

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN · 2m2 minutes ago
Per a league source, the Raiders are signing RB Trent Richardson.

The dream still lives!!

Pats fans are the worst

Scott Bair ‏@BairCSN · 2m2 minutes ago
Per a league source, the Raiders are signing RB Trent Richardson.

The dream still lives!!

This made me happy...

Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Irfan has been ruled out of the World Cup with a stress fracture of the pelvis. Pakistan's team management will call for a replacement only if the team wins Friday's quarter-final, against Australia in Adelaide, according to a PCB release.

...but now I'm sad again :(

Someone needs to sign Tebow so we can put a positive spin on today

Boban, why do you root for all these weirdo nations? Aren't you British?

Born and raised in England, dad from Burma, mum from Pakistan with some Dutch ancestry mixed in somewhere along the way.

The Afghanistan thing was just a love of the underdog and because the Afghan cricket team are the coolest guys around.

bionic77

Who the hell is running the Raiders that they think signing Trent Truck is a good idea?

What exactly is he good at? He can't make people miss. He can't read a defense or see where the hole is going to be. He doesn't hit the hole with any kind of speed. And from what I remember he is not great in blitz protection.

I can't believe he has a job.

I hope he proves me wrong, but until he does the Raiders are fucking morons.

Bowser

DFWSportsFlo @ DFWSportsFlo
According to Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, the Dallas Cowboys' plan is to have a deal done with DE Greg Hardy today.

Top Bottom