• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Bowser

Have I missed something? Do we even know if Greg Hardy will be allowed to play football next season?

He is allowed to be signed while still on the Commissioner's Exempt list. He will likely be getting anywhere from a 2 (minimum) to 6 (maximum) game suspension.

Fox318

CAUIyoXUcAA-arw.jpg

all that money

and you sign trent truck

I guess of the three choices, the Cowboys would be the place I'd most like to see Hardy land.

The Cowboys aren't nearly as good even with him as the Seahawks are without him and we don't have to play him twice a year like we would if he was in Tampa Bay.

Syrinx

I woke up at quarter after one and feel like absolute garbage. Meanwhile I got two assignments due at midnight, one of which accounts for 30% of my grade in one class.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Real question, what percentage of parents stopping their kids from playing football would it take to have an actual effect on fan viewership?

Let's say over the next 10 years, the talent level in the NFL dropped by 20% as a result of health concerns from both parents and players. Would you stop watching the NFL as a result? Would you even realize the shift? It's not like parents not wanting their children to play football is an entirely new thing. My parents didn't let me play organized football growing up and that was 20+ years ago. Does even a large reduction in football players matter if there is still a huge population pool that is absolutely desperate to play in the NFL?

I think football is still too ingrained in the South in places like Texas and others to have too much of an effect especially considering the vast amount of talent that comes from there. There would have to be a drastic culture shift in places where they're still struggling with some of the newish social movements.

Born and raised in England, dad from Burma, mum from Pakistan with some Dutch ancestry mixed in somewhere along the way.

The Afghanistan thing was just a love of the underdog and because the Afghan cricket team are the coolest guys around.

Brother!

The guy had skill and his size was nice, but you cant deny he wasn't a massive liability and a flag magnet.

I'm honestly not that devastated to see him go. The amount of 1st downs he gave up was infuriating at times and refs *know* to keep an eye on him.

Still, NOBODY on our D brings anything close in terms of intensity. Dude is a fucking wrecking ball and a penalty machine, but he lights a fire. Who's gonna be that guy now?

Our defense is filled with nice guys. We need a massive, hard hitting, badass motherfucker to get them going. Jerod Mayo is like the nicest guy in the world and organizes bowling tournaments, McCourty seems like the friendliest guy in the world, Jones is just Bones his little brother and always smiles, Hightower isn't loud enough and neither is Collins. Nink is way too friendly as well.

Eerily well... LOL Hoping things continue down that path.

Hope so too friend!

Milchjon

Born and raised in England, dad from Burma, mum from Pakistan with some Dutch ancestry mixed in somewhere along the way.

The Afghanistan thing was just a love of the underdog and because the Afghan cricket team are the coolest guys around.

Ah, cool.

Well, apart from the Dutch part. We are now mortal enemies.

effzee

Good for Trent! Especially after how the Colts did him dirty in the playoffs.

Eagles who in the world would trade for Matt Barkley and why? I wouldn't expect anything higher than a 6th round pick.

I guess we will need that pick as it might be our only pick this year since it's all in for Mariota!

Top Bottom