• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

bionic77

I would sacrifice a child to go back in time and gave the ball to Marshawn. Yes i know I'm going to hell already no need to remind me.
Your post is pretty reasonable except for the play selection.

They should have rolled Wussle out to the right. There is a good chance he could have run it into the endzone by himself if not throw to a wide open player. Worst case is that he has to throw it away.

That play works 100% of the time for them and saves the timeout.

Also, I would sacrifice all of Florida and 5 generation of Pats fans to forget last season.

Duxxy3

tebowforever.gif

The tragic and traumatic string of events that led to the Patriots winning* another Super Bowl can be traced back to a single catalytic point: the moment Tim Tebow laid down his righteousness and donned a Patriots jersey.

To celebrate such a travesty is an action of cosmically satanic proportions.

bionic77

That's why you're taking us to The French Laundry friend.
Who is going to be the life of the party at said event?

I would have guessed Ninja (assuming he meets the requirement of not being a filthy Pats fan, which is looking iffy). Old school DM was a blast too, but life, the Bucs and Tracy McGrady seemed to have sucked all the joy out of him.

cdyhybrid

The tragic and traumatic string of events that led to the Patriots winning* another Super Bowl can be traced back to a single catalytic point: the moment Tim Tebow laid down his righteousness and donned a Patriots jersey.

To celebrate such a travesty is an action of cosmically satanic proportions.

He went in there to try and clean that place up, but found that they were beyond redemption, and left them to seal their own fates and condemn themselves to eternity in the fiery pits of Hell.

Another boring day in the NFL Offseason.

"#Browns have offered a first-round (No. 19) pick for Sam Bradford." - @MikeBaileyNFL

Is this again, or just confirming Peter King's report that they offered it to the Rams and then the Eagles post-trade

If they're offering it again they are stupider than the 49ers

Spinluck

Trent is really talented, I feel like the Colts, Luck, and the offense were holding him back.

Long time coming. Its a smart business decision and they seem to be doing right in that they aren't just plopping their games of years past onto mobile platforms. Excited to see where their new hardware ends up. A console/portable hybrid will be interesting as hell.

They're gonna make so much bank, there is no way they fuck this up.

Their new console is day 1 for me. I have never been disappointed by them.

MRSA

Banned
Who is going to be the life of the party at said event?

I would have guessed Ninja (assuming he meets the requirement of not being a filthy Pats fan, which is looking iffy). Old school DM was a blast too, but life, the Bucs and Tracy McGrady seemed to have sucked all the joy out of him.

I'm gonna say BLarry, he's gonna rant about paying Joe Flacco 100 million and stuff. Or FMT would discuss about how this meal is crap compared to eating booty.

Your post is pretty reasonable except for the play selection.

They should have rolled Wussle out to the right. There is a good chance he could have run it into the endzone by himself if not throw to a wide open player. Worst case is that he has to throw it away.

That play works 100% of the time for them and saves the timeout.

Also, I would sacrifice all of Florida and 5 generation of Pats fans to forget last season.

Darrell Bevell isn't that intelligent man.

bionic77

I'm gonna say BLarry, he's gonna rant about paying Joe Flacco 100 million and stuff. Or FMT would discuss about how this meal is crap compared to eating booty.
I forgot FMT. In my mind he would be as hilarious IRL and would amaze and gross us with stories of his bizarre fetishes and thoughts about football, music, etc. But he would probably just be a quiet nerd like most people here.

I thought of Larry too, but I still haven't gotten over the shock that he is just a normal white boy. His avatar and crazy stories of life in Murdermore convinced me was a awesome black guy who overcame a bunch of shit to become a divorced yuppy. The white thing killed it though. You just know he is a lamer in real life once that info comes out!

Lol no demo is worth $60. If you're getting Type-0 then it's a deal I guess. But fuck that otherwise.
I have been interested in Type-0 since the day it was announced for Japan years ago but there is no way in hell I'm paying $60 for an HD version of a 3.5 year old PSP game. $40 at the most.

Tamanon

Banned
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/17/8226315/roger-goodell-backed-out-of-between-two-ferns

So, the league responded by telling Funny or Die that they would not allow Roger Goodell to subject himself to ridicule from a comedian of all people. Professional football is a very serious business made of men with iron wills and stone faces and that starts from the top down. I wasn't completely surprised to hear that the NFL didn't understand how jokes work, but the next part was over-the-top, even by NFL standards.

In an attempt to salvage the interview, Funny Or Die countered by reminding them that even the leader of the free world was willing to take a joke, saying "but Obama did it, and he's President of the United States."

Richanbach said that the league shot back, "well, he's not the commissioner of the NFL."

Oh NFL.

bionic77

It's easier to take a joke when you know you'll be applauded for murdering American citizens with drones. I mean really, when you're that teflon why would you give a fuck about anything?

Goodell can't even destroy a videotape without people getting all uppity.
Americans will always applaud warfare and denounce shit for poor people.

Obama is not the first nor the last person in this country to benefit from that.

Plus the average IQ of NFL fans is at least 4 Gatas (80 points), which is far higher than the intelligence of the average American. We as fans of the greatest sport of all time are not as easily fooled as the general populace.

gutshot

Another boring day in the NFL Offseason.

"#Browns have offered a first-round (No. 19) pick for Sam Bradford." - @MikeBaileyNFL

Given we now know roughly what Bradford's value is we can calculate exactly what Nick Foles would have gotten in a straight player-for-draft-pick trade. To make things easier, we'll say the 4th and 5th round picks in the trade are a wash and we'll assume that Bradford plays the full season so the Eagles don't get a compensatory pick. Basically, the trade boils down to Foles and a 2nd for Bradford.

According to this, pick 19 is worth 875 points. If we estimate that the Eagles 2nd round pick in 2016 will be around pick 52 again, that gives it a value of 380 points.

875 points (Bradford) = 380 points (2016 2nd) + 495 points (Nick Foles)

495 points is around pick 40. In other words, in a straight player-for-draft-pick trade we would expect Nick Foles to have returned a high 2nd round pick.

JABEE was right, y'all.

Given we now know roughly what Bradford's value is we can calculate exactly what Nick Foles would have gotten in a straight player-for-draft-pick trade. To make things easier, we'll say the 4th and 5th round picks in the trade are a wash and we'll assume that Bradford plays the full season so the Eagles don't get a compensatory pick. Basically, the trade boils down to Foles and a 2nd for Bradford.

According to this, pick 19 is worth 875 points. If we estimate that the Eagles 2nd round pick in 2016 will be around pick 52 again, that gives it a value of 380 points.

875 points (Bradford) = 380 points (2016 2nd) + 495 points (Nick Foles)

495 points is around pick 40. In other words, in a straight player-for-draft-pick trade we would expect Nick Foles to have returned a high 2nd round pick.

JABEE was right, y'all.

You forgot the swap of the 4th and 5th picks, but other than that it seems sound.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't think the Browns offered a first round pick. Peter King has never been above floating stuff just to make his buddies look better.

gutshot

You forgot the swap of the 4th and 5th picks, but other than that it seems sound.

I considered them a wash so that some of our slower posters wouldn't be bogged down by too much math. But including them doesn't really change the equation all that much.

875 points (Bradford) + 37 (5th round pick) = 380 points (2016 2nd) + 62 points (4th round pick) + 470 points (Nick Foles)

So Foles' value goes from pick 40 to pick 43.

I don't think the Browns offered a first round pick. Peter King has never been above floating stuff just to make his buddies look better.

It's been confirmed by Charley Casserly and Adam Caplan.

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2...-offered-19th-pick-for-bradford/#more-2926951

Top Bottom