• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
God damn what happened to Ashley Judd

466420804.0.jpg

Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Wayne, & Wes Welker Finding Little Or No Interest http://t.co/VzCc4JIPOd

Shocked

Michael Crabtree is exceedingly mediocre

Hakeem Nicks forgot how to catch

Reggie Wayne is old as fuck and recently had a major knee injury

Wes Welker probably can't even remember his own name.

Yet, float that list in front of Panthers fans and they'll wonder WHY THE FUCK WE HAVENT SIGNED ANY OF THEM. GET IT DONE GETTLEMAN

Doomsayer

Crabtree was progressing so well before he blew his Achilles out. I wonder what he would look like after his second year of recovery. He never had a lot of burst but was a great route runner and got open all the time.

I think last year was just a bad year in terms of offensive game planning and nagging lower body injuries. He is an insanely good blocker and has moves in the open field. Of those names he is grouped with, he is the best of the bunch. I know it's a pretty low bar to set, but I'm surprised he hasn't even got a little bit of interest.

zychi

Banned
Watching a stream of ff type o. No fucking idea whats going on in the story. And ive beaten all of numbered the sp games and put a to of time into 11

Wtf

MechDX

The #Bills have given an offer sheet that Charles Clay has signed. The #Dolphins have 5 days to match.

The #Bills' offer to Clay is for 5 yrs and $38 million. More than $20 million guaranteed.

--Twitter

Damn.

The #Bills have given an offer sheet that Charles Clay has signed. The #Dolphins have 5 days to match.

The #Bills' offer to Clay is for 5 yrs and $38 million. More than $20 million guaranteed.

--Twitter

Damn.
Are other teams allowed to jump in and give offers in this scenario ?
Edit: nvm, kinda stupid question

MechDX

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer · 32s32 seconds ago
Smart of Bills to inflate Clay's 2016 cap number. Suh's cap charge for '16 is $28.6 million. And Tannehill's '16 option costs $16.2 million.

Thought the league had rules in place to not allow "poison pill" offers in these circumstances? Would this not be considered a poison pill?

@AdamHBeasley: The Dolphins are in this predicament because they tried to save $1.2 million this year.

#That'ssodolphins

We could just extend Tannehill to lower his 2016 cap hit, but that's still too much for clay anyways, so I hope they let him walk

BigAT

Thought the league had rules in place to not allow "poison pill" offers in these circumstances? Would this not be considered a poison pill?

There is a "no poison pill" rule, but basic cap structuring and higher guaranteed money hardly fall under the umbrella of what the rule prevents.

@NBCdianna
Sources with the Eagles say they are trying to trade Matt Barkley. If he is traded, I'm told there's an "80% chance" they'll sign Tim Tebow

rando14

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Reality of open market pricing vs. draft/develop/extend…

Max compensation over the next 5 years:
Charles Clay: $38M
Rob Gronkowski: $42M

So fucking dumb...

Jacson Bevens ‏@JacsonBevens
The Bills will pay Charles Clay $20 million guaranteed.

The Seahawks will pay Jimmy Graham $8 million guaranteed.

Teehee

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
@NBCdianna
Sources with the Eagles say they are trying to trade Matt Barkley. If he is traded, I'm told there's an "80% chance" they'll sign Tim Tebow

Let's go Cleveland! Give up a pick for Barkeley and I promise I won't make fun of you for one whole day!

Top Bottom