• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread 2015 |OT2| Home of Baseball, Anime, Cricket, and Magic Johnson

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like how he basically says, "Fuck LA, I ain't raising my kids there"

It's also a shrewd business move. It's not like the free agent QB market will be any better next year. So as long as he doesn't get injured he could make quite a bit more money from a desperate team next year.

Malalaw

That feel when u get passed over for a promotion when you have been at a place going on 5 years and stuck with it after 3 robberies...lame situation.

cdyhybrid

TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

Edit:

Bears fans are almost as bad as Pats fans.

Pats fans are the worst though.

MechDX

B_qS2mkUIAEmVol.jpg

effzee

Keep hearing so many hacks on sports radio say Murray won't have the luxury of running behind the best line in the league anymore.

No shit. But last I checked the Eagles OLINE isn't ranked 32, in fact its a top 5 OLINE as is and was ranked as the #1 run blocking oline.

I'm not going to bash McCoy just cause he isn't an Eagle now. He was only of my favorite players and I'll take him over Murray even now but Murray might fit what Chip wants to do more. Yes there were times McCoy would dance way too much, not follow the blocking, and be looking for the cut back lane way before he ever needed to. It led to tons of negative plays. Of course when he guessed right and made it work it was magic.

Problem is when you are running a fast pace offense, a negative play on 1st or 2nd down really puts your average QB in a terrible situation on 3rd and long. Murray isn't as elusive or the home run threat but he will mostly stick to the play.

Of course I am of the mindset they should have drafted a back in the 3rd round, similar to how Dallas will go about business, but Murray didn't make a mistake. He is going to a run heavy offense which also won't run him into the ground. A coach who will scheme for his style and an OLINE with 3-4 all pros who grade out superb for run blocking.

Man if Jake Fisher can slide to the Eagles in round 2 this line might be dominant for another 2-3 seasons.

Keep hearing so many hacks on sports radio say Murray won't have the luxury of running behind the best line in the league anymore.

No shit. But last I checked the Eagles OLINE isn't ranked 32, in fact its a top 5 OLINE as is and was ranked as the #1 run blocking oline.

I'm not going to bash McCoy just cause he isn't an Eagle now. He was only of my favorite players and I'll take him over Murray even now but Murray might fit what Chip wants to do more. Yes there were times McCoy would dance way too much, not follow the blocking, and be looking for the cut back lane way before he ever needed to. It led to tons of negative plays. Of course when he guessed right and made it work it was magic.

Problem is when you are running a fast pace offense, a negative play on 1st or 2nd down really puts your average QB in a terrible situation on 3rd and long. Murray isn't as elusive or the home run threat but he will mostly stick to the play.

Of course I am of the mindset they should have drafted a back in the 3rd round, similar to how Dallas will go about business, but Murray didn't make a mistake. He is going to a run heavy offense which also won't run him into the ground. A coach who will scheme for his style and an OLINE with 3-4 all pros who grade out superb for run blocking.

Man if Jake Fisher can slide to the Eagles in round 2 this line might be dominant for another 2-3 seasons.

I have heard the same over and over in the past week or so. I don't get it, it's like these people have never watched an Eagles game in the past two or three years. The Eagles offensive line only gave up two more sacks than Dallas last year with half the line out with injuries for most of the year, and without a QB who can get the ball out as quickly as Romo. I honestly don't comprehend why people are harping on it so much, it makes zero sense.

zychi

Banned

ranked for who?
Sanchez was always under pressure last year, and McCoy was terrible for the top 3 back he's supposed to be.

Your oline being ranked high is hidden behind the pace of Chip's offense, theyre nothing to write home about

ranked for who?
Sanchez was always under pressure last year, and McCoy was terrible for the top 3 back he's supposed to be.

Your oline being ranked high is hidden behind the pace of Chip's offense, theyre nothing to write home about

That was true while the line was injured. Absolutely none of it was true while they were healthy. Foles faced far more pressure than Sanchez. Neither of them were decisive with the ball.

Even look at individual player rankings. No LT better than Peters, and I think there was only one RT that performed better than Lane Johnson. Kelce missed what? Six games? And was still the 6th best run blocking center. He said he was feeling pain all year until he finally got the sports hernia. Mathis tore an MCL and was still very good.

Edit: Also McCoy terrible for a top 3 back... still finished 3rd in yards.

The man nearly ran for 2000 miles and some Dallas stans want to act like he's nothing without the best o-line in the league. Bitter tears.

TheFatOne

I like the Patriots strategy this off season. Lose key players on defense, and then not replace them or even attempt to replace them. It's been an excellent off season.

effzee

The man nearly ran for 2000 miles and some Dallas stans want to act like he's nothing without the best o-line in the league. Bitter tears.

Exactly. Obviously running behind that line helps but he will have just as good of a line in Philly.

D. Murray wasn't some bum who the Cowboys picked off the street and the line made him. It was a combination of both.

ranked for who?

Did you mean ranked by who? The same people/publications which ranked Dallas's line #1.Dallas was #1 overall last year Philly #2 but if you look at their breakout, Eagles run blocking was #1.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/4/

The year before, 2013-2014, the Eagles line didn't suffer a single injury and was ranked #1.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/4/

Yes they are a better run blocking team than pass blocking but Sanchez was not under constant pressure. Again the line wasn't ranked bad or even just average average. Sanchez and Foles both have a habit of holding onto the bal. Sanchez pump faked on almost every play whether needed or not.

That's one of the areas which Chip is trying to improve. Quicker decision making.

???

McCoy finished 3rd in the league in rushing. Of course it doesn't compare to his best season which was just the season before. McCoy is def a top back. But even if you don't think so how does that dispute what I said?

Point was I keep hearing some analysts claim Murray won't have the same success simply because he won't have the Dallas line. As if the Dallas OLINE is the greatest oline in the history of football and they alone made Murray.

He likely won't rush for the same #s simply because the Eagles won't run him into the ground. His production won't be hampered because of the oline. He went from the best ranked OLINE last year to another really good OLINE.

TheContact

I like the Patriots strategy this off season. Lose key players on defense, and then not replace them or even attempt to replace them. It's been an excellent off season.

They're making plays on D still. They have 4 veteran corners trying out and they signed Sheard but ultimately it looks like next year is going back to offense having to win games unless we get lucky In the draft and somehow get 2 good corners or at least one great one

Elite teams have Super Bowl wins over the last 20 years.

I like that the guy responsible for getting them closer than ever to being in that category got run out of the league after one not-great year, while the guy responsible for them not being in that category by not calling one more run play is one of like 10 people from that team that's still employed there

I like that the guy responsible for getting them closer than ever to being in that category got run out of the league after one not-great year, while the guy responsible for them not being in that category by not calling one more run play is one of like 10 people from that team that's still employed there

This, so much this. And now we may endure another Dark Ages before the Niners are ever considered elite again.

MRSA

Banned
Work is bullshitting me and now I'm out of Hennessey.

Today is almost as bad as Pats fans.

Not a fan of cognac, I had soju for the first time today and its vile, I'm inebriated as fuck though. Korean BBQ and soju, my Korean friends tell me that in Korea they have soju in juice boxes.

d5731e92a951754a571f306ec3cced51.jpg

Top Bottom